It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF designed flying disk to bomb Soviet Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Can anyone out there confirm this ??

If true this opens a lot of questions .

english.pravda.ru...

Secret documents, declassified since 1997, reveal development of a USAF"forty foot 'flying saucer' designed to rain nuclear destruction on the Soviet Union from 300 miles in space." The American saucer was called the Lenticular Reentry Vehicle (LRV).

USAF designed flying disk to bomb Soviet Union

Edit to add ... I did a search and found nothing if this has already been posted I apologies .

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
somehow i don't think a 40 foot anything can rain down nuclear destruction from a top of a building. much less space.

you'd need something the size of a boomer to "to rain nuclear destruction on the Soviet Union from 300 miles in space"

I smell a large dump truck full of horse dung.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Check out page 4 of the Debunked section, comments by myself and Shadowhawk.

There is a link there to a PDF Document.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lenticular Re-entry Vehicle

Here is some info I found on it. Might help but obviously could be a load of dung. But who know's with our gov't. Good search though.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Never..ever trust english.pravda.ru ...

Their site isn't very credible at all IMO. That and their adds contain malware. I'll never go to that site again.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

The USAF had a craft similar to that i think,but I don't think it can barely fly/hover more than a few feet off the ground, let alone drop bombs...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Space is considered anything more than 100 km above the surface of the earth. 150 km is the point at which many satellites orbit. The ISS and Space Shuttle routinely orbit at 350 km.

So, 300 miles (or 482 km) would put it at about the same orbit is extremely high orbiting weather satellites.

And at 40 feet in diameter, it hardly seems large enough to carry warheads.

There was a Cold War satellite that the Soviets had which was supposedly intended to launch nuclear attacks from space, however it's size was humongous (they had to use their Proton Rocket to put that 23 Ton satellite into a low orbit). The Soviets abandoned the idea when the U.S. proved that a standard F-15 could fire it's missiles on low orbit satellites.

Still, if this isn't a hoax, then this is nothing more than a concept design on paper, not a project that was ever seriously earmarked for development.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Nice comment. Makes me laugh

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Yes I know which one you are talking about, it's called the VZ-9 AV Avrocar

It was suppose to replace the jeeps and such if I remember right. I saw it on the history channel a long time ago. Funny how the concept pictures show it with bazookas on them

I can see one of those pieces of junk flipping over sideways when it fired the guns

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here is another link that I found that contains a bit more info the the first link that I posted , still reading through it now but wanted to post it ...
www.military.com...

Inside The LRV

“The operational mission design is six weeks’ duration at a nominal orbital altitude of 300 nautical miles, with a crew of four men,” according to the report. The weapons bay would hold “four winged weapons” that could be either launched or detached and parked on orbit. There are repeated references to the LRV launching weapons-carrying clusters.

A considerable part of the design study focuses on the details of building a 40-ft.-dia. airframe and strengthening it against the acceleration of 8 g’s and wind shear it would experience during launch. However, no mention is made of the type of booster the disc would ride into space.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This all reminds me of a report that I once saw some time ago now . The report stated that the US could hit anywhere in the world with a warhead and the only warning that the country would have would be the bomb going off .

Now perhaps I am wrong but assuming that the US has stealth missiles large enough to carry a note worthy payload any targeted country with a certain level of tech advancement would be able to detect a launch , no ?

If thats the case then that report that I saw some time ago leads me to believe that yes the US does have missiles in space with the ability to launch .

Now assuming yet again .... If thats the case then one would expect them , the missiles , to be located in a much higher orbit then one may expect , for a whole lot of reasons .

Back on topic , if the US has such a craft I for one would not be surprised .

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Yes I know which one you are talking about, it's called the VZ-9 AV Avrocar

Actually Avro was hired by the US government to produce a flying saucer 40' in diameter. The project was the brainchild of the guy in charge of Avro, but then he failed to meet the standards and they were cut lose (but of course somebody else picked up where they left off).

It's not really a secret or anything, I've seen footage of it on a simple TV show with the whole story. To be honest, this flying saucer looked like crap compared to other functional designs which happen to be non-US.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Nope, it was real. North American Aviation designed a series of "space bombers" in the very early '60's, one of which was the 40-foot diameter LRV "saucer." It carried four surprisingly large winged warheads of unknown yield, likely in the megaton range.

The scale model here (www.fantastic-plastic.com...) was built based on the NAA diagrams.

Additionally, in 1959 Boeing designed an orbital bomber using similar winged bombs, with the bomber based on an early Dyna Soar configuration:
up-ship.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Anyone catch the Roswell tie-in:

In 1997, as part of its effort to debunk the Roswell alien landing myth, the Air Force revealed details of several heavy-lift balloon research projects. Among those were experiments in which 15,000-pound payloads were lifted to 170,000 ft. While not specifically acknowledging the LRV by name, an Air Force spokesman conceded that during the Cold War it routinely used high-altitude balloons to lift unusual airframes for aerodynamic tests. Airframe tests of secret planes were most likely the cause of still-unexplained UFO sightings. And a balloon-lifted LRV test flight would certainly match the classic UFO reports of a silvery disc hovering motionless in the sky, then silently shooting upward.

Interesting stuff.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

The Roswell crash occurred in 1947.

The LRV if real, would have existed in the 1960's.

Time frames don't necessarily fit.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
sounds like something from a Tom Clancy novel.

... the LRV with its crew of four was to be launched into a 300-nautical-mile-high orbit where it would wait in "Fail Safe" mode for several weeks before either launching its nuclear weapons at the Soviet Union/China/North Korea or returning to earth. ...

In retaliation, North Korea detonate a nuclear bomb hidden in an old rusty freighter berth in New York harbor.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

This:

Originally posted by internos

Another interesting visual evidence are the photos taken by William Rhodes from Phoenix, AZ on July 7, 1947 (the same day of the Roswell's crash):

1947-July 7- William Rhodes of Phoenix, Arizona allegedly saw a disk circling his locality during sunset and took two photographs. The resulting pictures show a disk-like object with a round front and a square tail in plan form. These photographs have been examined by experts who state they are true photographic images and do not appear to be imperfection in the emulsion or imperfections in the lens. Often called the "Roswell UFO." some info taken from: www.nicap.org

www.ufocasebook.com...

These images, often called "the Roswell craft" photos, (as it is widely reported that the Roswell craft was not a saucer, but a "delta" winged craft) appeared in several Southwestern newspapers around the time of Arnold's sighting and match his basic description of a heel shaped, domed flyer; These images were photographed the same day as the Roswell crash which took place in the evening of July 7, 1947, just one state away, in New Mexico.

www.rense.com...

Although the reliability isn’t quite as high as the pictures taken in McMinnville, two shots taken in Phoenix do rank right up there. William A. Rhodes, a self-employed scientist living in Phoenix, reported that he had taken what might be considered the first good photographs of one of the flying discs. Rhodes said he had been on his way to his workshop at the rear of his house at the rear of his house when he heard a distinctive "whoosh" that he believed to be from a P-80 "Shooting Star" fighter jet. He grabbed his camera from the workshop bench and hurried to a small mount in his backyard. The object was circling in the east about a thousand feet in the air.

www.theufochronicles.com...

On July 7, 1947, William Rhodes took photos of an unusual object over Phoenix, Arizona.[45] The photos appeared in a Phoenix newspaper and a few other papers. According to documents from Project Bluebook, an Army counter-intelligence (CIC) agent and an FBI agent interviewed Rhodes on August 29 and convinced him to surrender the negatives. The CIC agent deliberately concealed his true identity, leaving Rhodes to believe both men were from the FBI. Rhodes said he wanted the negatives back, but when he turned them into the FBI the next day, he was informed he wouldn't be getting them back, though Rhodes later tried unsuccessfully.[46][47] The photos were extensively analyzed and would eventually show up in some classified Air Force UFO intelligence reports.

www.thepetitionsite.com...

www.roswellproof.com...

Was in this thread:
Question for Phage, Internos, Chadwickus and Easynow...

The other day, and instantly made me think back to this thread. Kind of an odd, similar, shape eh?

[edit on 11/9/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I saw that picture and it was on July 7th, 1947

The US probably had a design for a Flying Disk Design and wanted nuke the Soviets during the Cold War

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is the Avro car.

PROJECT SILVER BUG, the making of the avro car Wiki

Heres a man that actually has built several working models and has priduced an extremely versitile magnetic rotory motor (caution physics are crazy) John Searl-- Searl effect generator Link credit PRG.

This is an actual test flight of a saucer shaped 'flying car' based on Avro's original concepts. The Moller flying car.
It was hooked to a saftey line but the lift comes from turbine induction motors, not the crane. Based out of Davis, CA i believe.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

This is an actual test flight of a saucer shaped 'flying car' based on Avro's original concepts. The Moller flying car.

The Moller designs are conventional straight through fan designs, they do not utilise the Coandă effect and they dont use the pancake jet engine either.

top topics

join