It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Escalates War at Fox News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

White House Escalates War at Fox News

www.foxnews.com

The White House escalated its offensive against Fox News on Sunday by urging other news organizations to stop "following Fox" and instead join the administration's attempt to marginalize the channel.

White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel told CNN that President Obama does not want "the CNNs and the others in the world [to] basically be led in following Fox."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yay! I'm back from Army BCT at Fort Jackson, I thought I would open up with something political for my first topic in a while. Anyways, so does it really seem this unlikely that the Far Left is openly attacking private news corporations like this? Especially from such a high place like the White House staff. Personally if Fox News weren't here, what would we have to choose from exactly for our choice of propaganda? Of course keep in mind I personally prefer Fox over CNN, NBC, or ABC since they actually have been found to be less biased than the other ones and they are the news service in North America that causes the most controversies.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

If this is true..it shows great insecurity and lack of leadership at the Whitehouse.

A administration should be above gutter fighting like this. This is insecurity at its best. It is also laughable. Very poor tack on the part of the Whitehouse and not only this administration but also the political party represented by this administration.

There are far more important items to concern an able/apt administration than what a news organization thinks or says about them. Hence this is not leadership on the part of the Whitehouse.
What on earth are these people thinking?? I get the impression that this administration are accustomed to defaulting through with out dissent and without questions/question. Hence once again their leadership and insecurities are suspect.

I may be wrong but I dont ever recall such a poor tack by other administrations to dissent or criticism by the media.

Thanks,
Orangetom

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Quite childish on behalf of the White House. Especially an administration who speaks about equality.

If the WH doesn't like the way Foxnews report, then the WH should switch the channel to one they do like.

IMO, the rift between the two is an intentional distraction the WH is throwing out there to further confuse people as to what the WH is or isn't doing.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wow... Your either with us or against us!

Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, Bush talking about foreign countries.... but wait... this is the U.S. Media? Does this administration seriously want to disenfranchise and polarize a significant segment of the population?

I guess I already know the answer. Will the threat of seizing the media and making it state run next? This is so Chavez.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ok I see only a couple of options

1) Obama is such a naricist that he truly believes in the idea that he is right and anyone against him is an enemy.

2) Both sides work for the same master and this is a distraction.

3) Obama is trying to destroy America and is upset that a media outlet is not playing along and is actively oposing him.

4) By claiming Fox is lieing they can bring about new ways of controlling the media.

I know some people will also claim that he is just defending against Fox's lies but lets be honest. They are upset about Fox checking the "facts" that the White House is trying to pass off, and expects to not be called out on. They have to stop Fox if they want to change society they way they seem to be trying to. It's a way to show the other news sources that they can and will punish those who opose them.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hi, spec_ops_wannabe. Welcome back from BCT. It ain't all that hard is it. I laughed through it all. Even when doing 50 joe-willies. lol. Thank you sergeant for conditioning my body and mind.

What's up with the WH war on Fox News? Insecurity comes to mind, of course. Also, what a great distraction for us all to be embroiled in, eh? Something to keep our minds off Obama's indecision about more troops sent to Afhanistan? I am not sure what the WH wants to keep us from thinking about, but the Nobel Peace prize award wasn't enough, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
All part of the show folks,this "war" for the harts and minds of the American public is just another way to keep everyone believing in the left/right shell game the White House attacks Fox News and the big donors of the democratic party shovels more money for them and Fox plays victim here and convinces the GOP donors to give more money to the republicans in order to help them fight the evil oppressors in the White House everyone gets their money and everyone is happy.

[edit on 013131p://0826 by mike dangerously]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Obamas approval ratings are dropping.
Fox news is still the number 1 news station in America(and climbing).

Fox= critical of Obama
The rest=suck up to him.

So no wonder Obama is trying to get rid of Fox, they are crushing him.
The longer Fox is on, the sooner this administration falls into the pits of hell.

So I dont think its very hard to understand why the WH is doing this. They are getting creamed(and rightfully so).

Sad and pathetic on their part. The way I see it, if your administration is not smarter than a national news corporation, than your team shouldnt be leading this nation in the first place.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: Does the whitehouse have an exit strategy or a nuclear option, and if yes, then what exactly and explicitly are they? When are we going to see troops with boots on the ground and a never ending bloody stream of bodybags flowing back to the public as the spoils of war? Is this a hot or cold war and if its cold then what does FOX have on POTUS that is forcing the situation into a M.A.D. standoff? Will freelance journalists caught in the crossfire and captured as unlawfull combatants get the same short shrift as preciously incarcerated "terrorists" in the "war on terror"? Can foreign journalists embed with the troops of either side and if yes, then on what terms? Since Australia is an ally of the US, and this is a new front being opened on the war on terror, will Australia be required to send troops to Fox studio's to help deal with the ensuing insurgency situation, like was required for the most recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Will we hear of more waterboarding techniques for the purposes of illiciting information being employed upon those detained during this conflict? Will we see Hannity and O'reilly openly sporting sidearms on the set now that open warfare has been declared? Since this is a war, why hasn't the US government frozen FOX's assets and the pentagon/CIA not had a SEAL/black ops team kill and or capture Rupert Murdoch?

Personal Disclosure:
:shk:

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

We both know that the war started with Fox News is a verbal war to band the other news organizations against Fox News and bring more people into the belief that Fox News is evil. Glenn Beck literally set up a phone line and gave the number to Anita Dunn and only to her. The idea is, if Beck gets anything wrong on his show, he wants her to call him immediately. She is in charge of watching Fox News in the Obama Administration. No ring on the Fox end. I guess they're telling the truth about the marxists and communists in the administration. Dunn even admits that Chairman Mao is one of her top political philosophers. The man killed more people than Hitler did and she admires him!!! Who's being crooked in this fight?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Disclaimer: As elsewhere!

Explanation: So you agree its a war! So do I and so does Fox RE: "Fox News senior vice president Michael Clemente said: "Surprisingly, the White House continues to declare war on a news organization instead of focusing on the critical issues that Americans are concerned about like jobs, health care and two wars. The door remains open and we welcome a discussion about the facts behind the issues."

Observers on both sides of the political aisle questioned the White House's decision to continue waging war on a news organization, saying the move carried significant political risks."....[Note All Bold edits are my emphasis/highlights]
Now as for it just remaining in the realms of verbal stoushes I offer up the following as References and or examples of where words can lead us all....

Declaration of War [wiki]

Declaration of War by the US [wiki]

Laws of War: Hague III Opening of Hostilities.[yale.edu]

Does Nationalism lead to War? [AC: associatedcontent.com] [Note: 2 pages long!]

Alliances lead to Great War. [mrdowling.com]

Popes remarks may lead to War! [ynetnews.com]

Vatican: Pope upset that Muslims were offended! [ynetnews.com] [Note the Nablus Attacks as a result!]

Kofi Annans irresponsible statement may lead to War. [dehia.org]

Eritrean-Ethiopian War 1998-2000 [wiki]

How a Presidents words can lead to War. [buchanan.org]

The lies that lead to War! [blogspot: Rodger A. Payne]

So [and to quote an well known Aussie song] "From little things, Big things Grow!"

Personal Disclosure: Who's being crooked in this fight? TPTB are!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Obamas approval ratings are dropping.
Fox news is still the number 1 news station in America(and climbing).

Fox= critical of Obama
The rest=suck up to him.

So no wonder Obama is trying to get rid of Fox, they are crushing him.
The longer Fox is on, the sooner this administration falls into the pits of hell.

So I dont think its very hard to understand why the WH is doing this. They are getting creamed(and rightfully so).

Sad and pathetic on their part. The way I see it, if your administration is not smarter than a national news corporation, than your team shouldnt be leading this nation in the first place.

this administration is now 10 MONTHS OLD, and FOX has never been for this guy. obama was elected by the majority of the people, 8 million more in fact. maybe FOX should stop insulting all the people that voted for him. your guy lost, and i can't stand to listen to them, all day long they put him down and i think they are the most un-patriotic, hatred-induced stations on TV.
this is the way our country works, through elections, and if the republicans and FOX don't like the way our country works ...move the hell out.

and of course you people have to throw in the phrase...'SUCK UP TO HIM"
i don't know a democrat that does that, again it's made up...what a shocker.... and it makes me despise you people even more. you people are toxic. and as far as i'm concerned i'm glad obama is going after fox, it's about time...i'm tired of hearing about FOX insulting our president each day...FOX is just a unpatriotic bunch of whiners.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Kinda a suspect article when it comes from FOX news.

But if ti's true, I think it does show a huge lack of class out of the boys at the WH. They should just ignore fox news, (in fact ignore all news) and start doing things to fix this country.

Get our jobs back, get this country back on track. Screw what FOX thinks. Worry about what the VOTER thinks. Fix this damn economy. End the stupid wars. Close gitmo, Hell put those guys on rafts for all I care.

Get to WORK Mr. President!

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Common Good

this administration is now 10 MONTHS OLD, and FOX has never been for this guy. obama was elected by the majority of the people, 8 million more in fact. maybe FOX should stop insulting all the people that voted for him. your guy lost, and i can't stand to listen to them, all day long they put him down and i think they are the most un-patriotic, hatred-induced stations on TV.
this is the way our country works, through elections, and if the republicans and FOX don't like the way our country works ...move the hell out.

and of course you people have to throw in the phrase...'SUCK UP TO HIM"
i don't know a democrat that does that, again it's made up...what a shocker.... and it makes me despise you people even more. you people are toxic. and as far as i'm concerned i'm glad obama is going after fox, it's about time...i'm tired of hearing about FOX insulting our president each day...FOX is just a unpatriotic bunch of whiners.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by jimmyx]

WOW Jimmy. You see, that(above statement) is why you democrats get talked about the way you do. First of all, let me make something really clear to you, I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN. Repeat it a couple times so it can sink in. Not everybody who disapproves of Obama is a damned Republican, get that through your head. The majority of people who dislike Obama, dislike him for MANY, MANY reasons. If YOU can not take a little heat from anyone who has something to say about the man, then you should NOT be playing the politics game.

And PLEASE, Please stop with that "Oh this administration is only 10 months old"BS! Thats what it is you know? BS! It is an excuse for not having to own up to the fact that so far your man in the Oval Office has done NOTHING of Importance. NOTHING. How long does Obama need to do the things he said he was going to do?? COME ON. HES THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He doesnt work by himself, he has a whole damned administration helping him out yet he still cant get anything done. Foreign leaders and civilians a like see nothing but weakness from this man.

Let me ask you something, is it Unpatriotic to be mad at the current administration? Is it UnPatriotic to look at the last administration the same way? Is it unpatriotic to voice your opinions and try to rally to help fight corruption? Is it unpatriotic to ask for a better future for your family, however you see fit as long as you do it in a civil manner? Is it unpatriotic to dislike the man running the country into the ground? Well? Is it?

Thats whats so great about this country, we all have a voice, and we are all aloud to speak that voice, with no fear of persecution(its supposed to be that way). Although NOW, you have The President of The United States, trying to shut down A NEWS STATION. I dont care if you hate Fox, Or you Hate CNN, Or You hate Lifetime for Women, fact of the matter is, EVERYONE has a right to voice their opinions, and NOBODY should be able to stop anyone from that right, ESPECIALLY, The President of The United States of AMERICA.

So take that "we won, you lost, get over it" attitude elsewhere, nobody wants to hear that crap. Your man is in the spotlight now, he has the country in the palm of his hands, so you think that people are not going to hold this man accountable? Think again.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
is there any other source other than FOX??

if not then this could all be (once again since fox are known for this)

all made up

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

This is a tactic that is being used by this administration on many fronts an frankly I'm shocked that more people aren't outraged.

Remember the media blitz Obama did a month or so ago? He made it quite clear then that they are either with him or against him. He personally shopped himself out -- ABC got a one-on-one -- NBC got the inside tour -- etc. What did FOX get offered? Nothing.

Whether you like FOX news or not, the White House has no business commenting on or restricting access for only certain media outlets.

This is how it starts! He has used FOX as the example of what can happen when you cross the White House and I personally find it a terrible indication of what's to come.

Does anyone really think that any other network is going to run anything that could be construed as anti-Obama? Knowing that if they do they may face the same wrath as FOX?

Congratulations! We now live in Venezuela! At least this finally explains why Obama had such a warm hello, smile, and handshake for Chavez. Must be amazing to finally meet your "hero...."

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Maybe just have one approved channel then Mr Obama eh, maybe it could be called "TRUTH"

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by infolurker

This is a tactic that is being used by this administration on many fronts an frankly I'm shocked that more people aren't outraged.

Remember the media blitz Obama did a month or so ago? He made it quite clear then that they are either with him or against him. He personally shopped himself out -- ABC got a one-on-one -- NBC got the inside tour -- etc. What did FOX get offered? Nothing.

Whether you like FOX news or not, the White House has no business commenting on or restricting access for only certain media outlets.

This is how it starts! He has used FOX as the example of what can happen when you cross the White House and I personally find it a terrible indication of what's to come.

Does anyone really think that any other network is going to run anything that could be construed as anti-Obama? Knowing that if they do they may face the same wrath as FOX?

Congratulations! We now live in Venezuela! At least this finally explains why Obama had such a warm hello, smile, and handshake for Chavez. Must be amazing to finally meet your "hero...."

Fox is not a news outlet. I don't think "E!" got any cookies from the White House either. Nor "MTV". Nor "SciFi". Nor "ESPN" and ESPN even has actual News programming.

Why should Obama put himself out for a sensationalist entertainment channel that has spewed nothing but hate against him and whipped up its audience to such an extent that it borders on sedition?

The networks Obama worked with do run negative stories about Obama and his policies. Faux runs nothing but lies, innuendo, rumor, and hate. It is a completely different scenario.

Furthermore, it is a time honored tradition for Presidents to ignore media outlets that they think are playing the man and not the ball. Republican Presidents are past masters.

Anyway, Rupert Murdoch isn't interested in news, facts, or journalsm. He is interested in making money any way he can. And he has decided that the only way he can is sensationalism. The nastier and more exploitative something is the better. He is following exactly the the dictum of P.T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute", inventing Circus entertainments just like Caesar, and playing for the lower than the lowest denominator.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
is there any other source other than FOX??

if not then this could all be (once again since fox are known for this)

all made up

How about from George Stephanopoulos for ABC News?

Axelrod: Fox News Is 'Not Really A News Organization'

WH Communications Director Anita Dunn declared a war with Fox News this week and this morning on This Week, Axelrod reinforced their stance saying “[FOX] is really not news.”

I asked him if he's worried his strategy is fortifying his enemy?

“I’m not concerned, Mr. Murdoch has a talent for making money,” Axelrod said.

“The only argument that Anita was making is that they are not really a news organization, if you watch even its not even their commentators, but a lot of their news program. It’s really not news, it’s pushing a point of view and the bigger thing is that other news organizations like yours, ought not to treat them that way. And we’re not going to treat them that way, we’re going to appear on their shows and participate, but understanding that they represent a point of view.”

Or from the Associated Press?

Picking a fight: Obama vs Fox News

President Barack Obama's communications director says it was Fox News Channel, not the White House, that picked a fight.

Yet it was Anita Dunn's words during a CNN interview last week, saying Fox is like "a wing of the Republican Party," that ignited one of the most unusual verbal volleys between a presidential administration and journalists since Vice President Spiro Agnew complained during the Nixon years about the "nattering nabobs of negativism."

Dunn's stance cheered many of the president's supporters who seethe over anti-Obama stories on Fox opinion shows, but has caused a backlash among some who say it exposed the administration as thin-skinned.

White House unhappiness had been building. The president himself said there is "one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration." Fox's coverage of health care demonstrations over the summer, former administration official Van Jones and the community activists ACORN clearly knocked the administration off stride.

Google is a fantastic tool if you have a question about a story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join