It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Remote Viewers in the House?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by JayinAR

shower-bath is with the bathroom lights off...plug the bathtub and let the shower run. absolutely dark and the sound of the running water as background noise.

after quite a while (20-30 minutes), i will begin to scribe onto the paper with the light still off. the writing is not terribly legible, and usually a little wet. but this method certainly accomplishes the desired mental state.

that is my own, personal, method.

Sounds like a deprivation chamber. Is that a solid state isolation room.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

one day i would very much like to have access to a true sensory deprivation chamber. until then...the shower-bath.

not coincidentally, sensory deprivation is a process which is discussed in John C. Lilly's "Programming the Human BioComputer."

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

As I thought, you are replacing one trance with another.

While I am grateful for the suggestion, I'm looking for more of a compatible unison of the two.

Although the dark shower sounds like a pretty nice idea.

What I am looking for is the ability to drop the paper and pen all together, if that makes sense.

I'm honestly thinking that such a thing would require a highly complex hypnotic process.
But one that could possibly be achievable personally.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I'm pretty new to the actual study of remote viewing and I'm not entirely certain I will continue studying it. However, I have a question to ask of experienced viewers, if there are any on these boards.

First though, I'll give a brief description of the process for those that are unaware of what it is. Remote viewing is a process by which you can train yourself to be psychic. In theory, it works because reality is not more than a hologram (scientific research has come a ways into verifying this as well) that is created by us as a way to perceive an endless stream of data. For instance, if you could envision a gigantic 3 dimensional grid of characters (matrix movies are very close in this concept). Each character will have data pertaining PRECISELY to what we perceive in waking consciousness. So, under techniques known to RVers, one can access this data stream and pick up information on a target without the barriers of inaccessability due to time, distance, etc.
I'll be the first to admit that the process sounds hokey, but apparently the US military was interested in the process enough that they had a working program for a while...

Now, to my question, would it be possible for a person to RV while also under a sort of self-hypnosis that temporarily allows you to shut down the left-side functionality of the brain temporarily, allowing you to accurately interpret data from the stream while in full waking functionality?

I think if this could be achieved, you could broaden the horizons of RVing to unheard of possibilities. Telepathic communication is just one possibility that comes to mind.

Any thoughts? Anyone out there that can tell me how this won't work, as I'm sure I'm overlooking something.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by JayinAR]

My training and experience in administering clinical hypnosis (and training clients to engage in self-hypnosis) is that would be virtually impossible to shut down (even temporarily) the left-hemispheric functions of the brain. Clinical hypnosis is a conscious state of relaxed awareness where both hemispheres are critical in order for the induction process to be successful. I've only attempted to do clinical hypnosis with a few split-brain patients (i.e. those that have had the corpus calosum severed due to severe epilepsy), those sessions did not last long and were ineffective.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

well, what you are asking for is an "altered state". there are only very few ways that i know of, many of which are not legal, for achieving an altered state and simultaneously performing normal daily tasks.

otherwise, you will have to be satisfied with the bathtub.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

So are you familiar with Remote Viewing?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

The idea I am getting at is walking down the street as you normally do, but in the meanwhile targetting something, anything, and fooling your mind into compartmentalizing what you receiving as a request from the target and deciphering it separate from all of the other thought-processes ongoing at the time. Deciphering it without the filter of pattern recognition.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that this is either impossible, or I am unable to express myself in a way that is easily understood.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

JayinAR,
I'm new here, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules w/ this post... I still can't U@U message... I tried
The protocols are a simple set of guidelines that help ensure continuity in your sessions. There is no "altered state" associated with RV. Also I am assuming that you are aware of the various RV Techniques, (TRV, ARV, CRV etc.)

Here are some links for you:
The first is a "free course" and related RV documents. This is all there is to it. The procedures/protocols "are" that simple. The difficult part is practicing and becoming consistent in absorbing the information from your subconscious, not letting your mind get in the way.

www.farsight.org...

www.biomindsuperpowers.com...

www.time-machine.com...

These are other resourses that are available....

www.irva.org...

www.remote-viewing.com...

www.probablefuture.com...

blog.remoteviewingprojectx.com...

There are DVD courses available, that cost hundreds and immerse you in the program immediately. However, I caution you that this can be a bit overwhelming and can lead to discouragement moments.

I would suggest that you follow the "Stage 1" protocols to get a feel of the "viewing" first.

Collect any and all technique variation manuals and read them over. You will find that the protocols are basically the same, with a few modifications to suit their specific "style".

Keep to the basics, as described by Courtney. They work and remain the same in TRC/CRV for the most part.

As to the "ideograms"... this can be a bit confusing... The few that are outlined, (subject, structure, land, water, mountain, etc) are just a few that are shown or suggested to get you started.

When you get the Target numbers or cue, immediately do your "intuitive ideogram" without thinking about it.
Important that you "do not have the expectation" to use those ideograms there. You will do the "probing / interpretations" of the ideogram in the next step.
Now you have some searching to do... in order to educate yourself.

Google:
Ingo Swann
Ed Dames
Courtney Brown
Lyn Buchanan
Russell Targ

Do your research and choose carefully. Practice, practice, practice and learn to purge your mind, open your sub-conscience and trust your RV ability.
I can't teach you, but I'm willing to point you in the direction I took.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Retorque

I appreciate those links, and I will give them their due dilligence.
But I am driving at something wholly different, I believe.

I start with the premise that RV is nothing more than a meditative technique that can be achieved through a number of means. "RVing" is just something that modern westerners have put a name to which is in fact a more ancient practice, practiced the world over.

Now admittedly, I am very new to this. But what I have read on it so far leads me to believe STRONGLY that this is no different than the OOBE techniques deleloped by monks the world over.

So, the question becomes precisely what I have stated in the thread.
Yeah, if I want to do a strict Remote View session, I would probably be well-served to follow the protocols outlined by Swann and the Military folk following him... But what if I wanted more?

What are the shortcomings of RV? How do I circumvent them?

These are the questions.

And like I said, I will definately take your advice and read each of those threads, as in the end I am studying RV... like I said initially.

Just, at this point, I see a lot of potential in this method, and a glaring obstruction... that being, how do I combine the subconscious with the conscious mind? Rationality tells me that I cannot do both at the same time unless it is through some trick of the mind.

I need to trick one or the other into believing that they are acting alone, while combining the both.

This is a hypnosis ordeal, in its face.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think perhaps you are looking towards something that I have little or no knowledge of.
I have read some on "Astral Projection" that may be more to what your leaning towards.
Carlos Castanada had told of stories and techniques of similar description. Perhaps that may be more your flavor.
I did read a series of books many years ago that I found very intriguing. "The Life and Times of the Masters of the Far East, By Baird T Spalding". Absolutely fascinating in both a spiritual and mind expanding sense. Look it up, it was supposed to have been a true story...
good luck, and may you find the path you choose to travel, safe and familiar.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here we go. This is unrelated somewhat, but not entirely.

Watch the man in this video.

What we see here is a man who is able to harness power while in full waking consciousness.
What is the trick of doing THIS through Remote Viewing?

There must be a way.
I feel if someone can figure it out, they can take Remote Viewing to new heights.

Eh, I need to hit the books. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I didn't hope for anything more.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Make sure you have a high concentration of salt for buoyancy and the water needs to be at constant body temperature. Cover the side walls of the bath with wool. Keep in mind you body should not touch any side walls of the bath and your head also needs to be in a horizontal position.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by tristar]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join