It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official word is that Nibiru is Jupiter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just going on memory here so forgive my vagueness.

Yes Jupiter is high in the sky, moving quickly now (it was moving very slow, I would assume mabey a retrograde or something), and it is and has been very bright for about 3 months now. If you research the path and ways of Juptier, everything is moving along just as it should, even its brightness is not abnormal for its path and place right now (as well as our place).

Someone brought up that they thought the bright star in the sky was Venus....well that was true, throughout the winter months up until early spring...Venus was taking the cake for the bright star in the sky. During the spring, Venus moved into being the morning star....rising shortly before sunrise.

To see Venus, you need to get up in the middle of the night or really early in the morn. Jupiter is the bright one shining now that cant be missed before bedtime. For a while it was hanging in the same part of the sky every night not seeming to move much. Most likely now you will see it high in the sky, when before it was rising far East (even a little south east) and seemed to just kinda hang in that direction. Someone also said all the planets are getting brighter. Well Mars was super bright a couple of years ago...but its not anymore...Venus was super bright this past winter (looked like it would fall to Earth sometimes) but its not that bright anymore....just as so, Jupiter wont stay this bright....so enjoy the gem's while you can!

All the movements are validated if you just learn even a little about their paths.

Many posters made suggestions about downloading the Stellarium.....I hope others take this advice. Its wonderful to be able to look up in just a few sec. time what you are looking at in the sky!

Happy watching
LV

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Many posters made suggestions about downloading the Stellarium.....I hope others take this advice. Its wonderful to be able to look up in just a few sec. time what you are looking at in the sky!

I wonder if this thread will be beneficial?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This shows that Jupiter was in retrograde, therefor seeming to hang in the same place for several months.....

www.earthsky.org...

Everyone freaked out about Jupiter going behind the Sun and then appearing every more bright as it moved away from the Sun.

If you were to watch Jupiter over the course of its yearly appearance in our sky, you’d find that this planet generally moves eastward among the stars, something that can’t be seen on a single night, but is obvious over weeks and months. However, approximately every 13 months, Jupiter appears to change directions for about four months in what is called retrograde motion. In 2009, Jupiter’s retrograde motion started on June 15, and it ends today. This is not a real motion. Jupiter doesn’t really reverse direction, of course. Instead, it is an apparent motion caused by orbital geometry. In other words, it happens when our Earth and Jupiter – moving in their respective orbits around the sun – align just so. It’s like what happens when you in your fast car are passing a slower-moving car on the highway. The slow car can, for a time, appear to move backwards against the distant landscape. So, as seen from our faster-moving Earth, Jupiter at times appears to move backwards in front of the background stars. Generally, the best time to observe an outer planet like Jupiter is when the planet is retrograding. That’s because then it is roughly opposite the sun in Earth’s sky. This causes it to be brighter (think of it as full like the full moon), and be visible longer at night. Now that its retrograde motion has ended, Jupiter will seem to slip closer to the setting sun each evening. Although it will be visible for several more months, now is the best time to observe it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This reminds me of the thread about the image artifact on googlesky I think? Didn't NASA pretty much say it had a vicarious monopoly on those star charts?

I only bring it up on a big what if...Since NASA is known for tampering...what if they doctored all their charts to say that an object thought of as planet x would be jupiter, venus, sirious etc. when they could be in other parts of the sky? Not too likely but still an idea...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I flagged your thread for fast finding, its a great idea to start that thread.

I wish there was a sticky thread for observing the actual movement of the cosmos.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Genus

That would be a little tricky, being that the ancient people already had figured out the paths of the planets. For there to suddenly be a change in the same ol same pattern would be noticed, imo. There are calendars that were kept thousands of years ago that revolved around not only the path of the sun but also the path of a particular planet.

Still today, the Mayan calendars predict the path of the planets perfectly.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus
I only bring it up on a big what if...Since NASA is known for tampering...what if they doctored all their charts to say that an object thought of as planet x would be jupiter, venus, sirious etc. when they could be in other parts of the sky? Not too likely but still an idea...

Every amateur skywatcher, all the planetarium directors, and every single astronomer on the face of the planet would throw rocks at them. You would hear such an outburst of scorn from all directions that it'd make the political fights look like a mild case of finger-pointing.

Planetary motion works on very predictable mathematics. When I did astrology, I had tables of houses (printed book) that showed the motion of the planets in the sky for 50 years at a time (including into the future.) When I learned to look at the sky, I found these same tables could be used to find out where the planets were at any given time.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It has been well-proven elsewhere on ATS that our solar system will not pass through the galactic plane for another 2 million years.

Not gonna worry about it....

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Genus

Still today, the Mayan calendars predict the path of the planets perfectly.

Actually, it doesn't. It's just a count of days. There aren't any predictions encoded in the calendar. It's just their equivalent of "Month of January, day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (etc, etc.)" They did know about the paths of the visible planets (Venus in particular) but not about other planets.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nibiru is coming. You will see.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If this brown dwarf was so close by now, wouldn't we be able to see it? The size alone, even without light, should make it visible.

The only other way people could be seeing it is if it was behind the sun coming straight in and somehow light being bent from the suns gravity is letting them see. I see nothing though so...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

I was under the impression that the north star/morning star that we always see in the sky was in fact Venus. Is this right, or am I very mistaken?

Very close! Venus has been dubbed both the evening star and the morning star.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genus
If this brown dwarf was so close by now, wouldn't we be able to see it? The size alone, even without light, should make it visible.

Nope. Size without light doesnt make anything visible.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I appreciate you clarifying....mabey I read wrong somewhere. I read that the Mayans, although Venus was their main planet they used, they were also aware of the paths of the 5 main visible planets.

It is still interesting, that ancient calandars did sometimes use planets. I want to say 'Bulgaria'...but I could be wrong....I know I read about a calandar that is very ancient, very accurat, that used the Sun and Jupiter to have their own understanding of 'time'.

My point was, even if the path is not totally exact, we would notice if there was a 'huge' change in the path that has been predicted for the planets.

It would be a little hard for one group (NASA) to trick the whole world with an assumed path of Jupiter and it really turn out to not be Jupiter....I was trying to imply that it would be impossible, as you did in a more clear way.

LV

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Actually Planet X or Nibiru is supposedly still hidden from view. So if it is hidden from view, then who exactly is mistaking Jupiter for Nibiru? I think this is a classic case of misdirection.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What?

So you are saying: When I look at sky charts and such, look to see when Jupiter's red spot is transiting, and where her moons are supposed to be and bust out my telescope, that some unknown guy is holding a placard in front of my field of view showing what I shoud see? Amazing!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I guess time will tell.It should just get closer and closer.I think thats how the story goes.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Maybe planet Nibiru hasn't been born yet, after all, planets like everything else have to be born sometime.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
THis is so ridicule!
I see that no of you understand nothing of the sky.

Jupiter is as bright as it is usually when it is closest to Earth, a thing that is called opposition, and occurs once per year.

There is no abnormal things on the sky.
Come on! Inform yourselves! Study astronomy and check the things for yourself instead of shouting these rumours!

There is no reason for panic!
The weather and economy may be reasons for concern, but there is no Niribu, at least, visible in the sky.

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

Originally posted by habfan1968
Um we have seen Jupiter and Venus for hundreds of years in our solar system so why are we seeing it this bright now but not before?

Yes,why is that!
That's the main question.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by segurelha]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wormwood is the former sun for Nibiru, It is now a Brown Dwarf star that reflects hardly any light. Nibiru would be in tow with Wormwood and thus hiding it most of the time.

Wormwood has the mass of Jupiter but you can only see it from the southern hemisphere right now with Infa-Red scopes as its basically a giant rust ball. Its in RA-18 making its b-line to us for the drive-by next summer. It will share atmospheres with us on its return orbit in 2012.

Get ready to find underground refuge before next summer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join