It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official word is that Nibiru is Jupiter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Ahh yes got ya. I figured as much

Sorry i must have skimmed over his post, my bad.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Very few of the Nibiru believers are going to accept that the visual dot-in-the-sky is actually Jupiter.... mis identified as that planet-X or dwarf star

but i noticed some poster delved into more cosmic radiation bombarding the inner solar system...
here's a link that addresses that issue:

www.earthfiles.com...

i have a notion that the Nibiru myth, in where the heavens change, the earth's biosphere changes...and so on
Is preceeded by the observable Jupiter that the ancients knew-what-it-was... but the unenlightened masses twisted their folklore accounts so that the 'special' conditions (which we are currently re-living) that makes Jupiter very prominent was mis identified as a rogue planet instead of changes to the solar systems heliosphere...which causes anomalies to our neighboring planets.

'things' get glamorized through time... and this seems a replay of past events concerning Jupiter & the solar astronomical unit of near space !thanks,

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

If you read my thread and followed the links, you would have seen that it indeed is relevant. However, if you choose to prejudge me from my prior posts, and discriminate against me, so be it.
Right now, I have to take off. When I land, I'll review what you have learned from my thread. Perhaps you find Iapetus interesting.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogbuster
A couple months ago I was camping on the AT in PA an ran across some astronomers with very good telescopes, They allowed me to peer up into the sky at various sights and yes, the bright light in our sky that everyone is talking about is in fact Jupiter, i saw it with my own eyes.

dang, i bet you got a better view than i did out of my novice telescope. but i saw it just the same and can also verify the bright planet is jupiter.

i don't know what i think of this nibiru, yet. but i know that if its there we don't see it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Dude i asked you in a different thread that you spammed this in, And i asked nicely, Can you put up a link to it. If you cant at least do that then i don't think your gonna get much traffic. Also maybe people just aren't as interested in your thread, its not a big deal.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

If its a brown dwarf, as i have seen called that, you most likely wont see it. But yeah, im with ya, not sure if i believe all planet X crap...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
If its a brown dwarf, you most likely wont see it.

This is a fact. That's why "Brown Dwarfs" were not officially discovered & confirmed until 1995.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

I know that is a fact, i was implying that they are calling planet X a brown dwarf.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Because we are moving farther and farther out into space, I remeber seeing the planet mars two years ago and it was huge I thought we were going to collide with it. True story. I seen it in the night sky I was freaking out. It looked like it was entering out atmosphere.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by menguard]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
reply to post by habfan1968

Because we are moving farther and farther out into space, I remeber seeing the planet mars two years ago and it was huge I thought we were going to collide with it. True story. I seen it in the night sky I was freaking out. It looked like it was entering out atmosphere.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by menguard]

Yes your right, but everything is moving away from everything, and speeding up apparently, so how would it come closer to us. You cant move farther INTO space, we are already in space, meaning we were never on the outside to be able to go into it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
hum, funny, i did not think that Jupiter looked taht big from earth.

maybe its one of the brown dwarf's planets.

has anyone looked into the range of sizes that jupiter appears to be throughout its history from earth? if suddenly it looks a lot bigger than it ever has before, then id be concerned.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
jupiter with naked eye and with telescope

heres a link to a site which has a photo of jupiter with the naked eye - pretty small

and a bigger view of it with a telescope.

im gonna check again but i think the photos of the thing near the sun thats meant to be nibiru were bigger in size than this...

but decide for yourself.

to me none of the planets are that impressive with the naked eye from earth - or big enough to attract all the comments lately.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
I've asked a couple of professional Astronomers about the whole Nibiru/Planet X thing that's going on right now and the official word is that the very bright planet you see on the sky right now is Jupiter.

That's what the official sources say.

Peace,
Mulder

This is good but, who in their right mind would look at a bright star in the sky and say it is something without double checking Stellarium or a similar program? Maybe people don't know about that kind of software, but this kind of 'jumping-the-gun' thing people have got going on is making the possibility of Planet X look a bit ridiculous.

I often look at the stars and whenever I see a really bright star or something like that, I'll open Stellarium and usually find out that it is a well known planet.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

How do I put up a link to it?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Planets don't shine by heat like stars, they reflect light from the sun.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

The smallest known brown dwarf is four times the size of Jupiter.

There would be no mistaking it for something else if there was one nearby.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Whats the name of the thread, I'll do it for you. But if you want to try it yourself, just go to the thread you wrote, go up to the address bar in your browser, copy the address, make another post, push the little earth symbol, type in a word for the anchor text, like MY POST, hit ok, then paste the address in the next window, hit ok. WALA linkaroo

But like I said, whats the name of the thread and I can do it for you.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

ah, when did i say i thought the thing next to the sun was a brown dwarf? it might be a planet _ PLANET x - and so be mistaken for jupiter which it seems to be larger than.

doesnt the story go that the second sun (the dark sun - brown dwarf) arrives with all its planets in tow - one of them being nibiru?

yes a brown dwarf is really big... depending on how close it is of course. some posters here are saying they're not that easy to see tho.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
Um we have seen Jupiter and Venus for hundreds of years in our solar system so why are we seeing it this bright now but not before?

the reason is that the sun's getting hotter, and all of the planets are getting warmer, and therefore radiating a brighter glow!

notice how every planet appears brighter in the sky now...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by SaturnFX

People mistake the world Universe for Galaxy.

At the equinox on Dec 21st 2012 we will be at alligned with the "center" of the milky way, or the so called black hole which exists there.

Happens every 26k years and you are correct, nothing will happen , except a pretty light show.

~Keeper

actually you are right and wrong, yes december 21st 2012 we will be in perfect alighnment with the sun the earth and the center of the galaxy, altho it doesnt happen every 26 thousand years it happens EVERY year on december 21st.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Gixxer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join