It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Black Gives A Prayer To Satan Live At The 2009 VMAS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I have an uneasy feeling about this.

I definitely would not like to mock Satan, or, if you do not believe in Satan, at least you must believe in evil because the world is full of it.

Just as I would not like to mock God, Jesus, the angels, or the forces for good.

What you enact is what you become.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Given the opening post; I admit, I was expecting an Ozzy parody with the bat! J. Black was tame (kinda lame actually) for the VMA's ... Nothing I will think twice about.

The movie Spinal Tap rocked my world. It's for rock what The Sound of Music was for hills. They really nailed how dumb rock can be.

Jack Black

Holla!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
My dear friends,
I believe in parts of the bible, as a ... historical script.
Satan has always been a metaphor. Although the believe in it _can_ move mountains. So I can understand you since other teenagers, who actually do not understand this simple thing, could get on some illusional horror trip ...
It's like the bloody mary stuff.

And yes, i hate these slimy, sneaky 'n' greedy moneymakers, too ...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
No wonder you are so against Christianity. According to your post, you have no idea what a follower of Christ or a Christian is. There is nothing about one's behavior that determines whether or not a person is a Christian. One cannot earn his or her way to heaven.

To think that true evil does not exist is very naive. For if there is good, then there must be it's counter part, evil.

Ah, now you see the bit of my post you quoted and replied to with this was referring to the raw basics of the idea of what i think the bible and god was invented for in the first place.

I'm not saying that is exactly what happens, i'm saying, at the routes, raw basics, Hell is Punishment, Heaven is Reward.

I never said behavior determines your christianity at all, or anything related.

I personally think it goes deeper than just the two, 'Good' and 'Bad'.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Lister87]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
For those of you who dont believe in Satan, that is Satan's work. That is his greatest achievement, convincing you that he does not exist. People fall for it every time. Open your eyes.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
For those of you who dont believe in Satan, that is Satan's work. That is his greatest achievement, convincing you that he does not exist. People fall for it every time. Open your eyes.

Indeed. How does Satan look like for you?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yes.

And to stop a one-liner, yes.

And yes.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by incarnating

How do atoms look to you? Seen one lately? How do oxygen look to you? How does a black hole look to you? Seen one lately? How do dinosaurs look to you? Seen any lately?

Just cause you cant see it, doesnt make it so.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

How do atoms look to you? Seen one lately? How do oxygen look to you? How does a black hole look to you? Seen one lately? How do dinosaurs look to you? Seen any lately?

Okay. But you should be careful with that word, because some people refer it to some ugly being, not a methaphor for corrupt politicians or an ancient invisible power ...
In case you want them to believe you.

Chaos.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by incarnating]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

People dont believe in ghosts....wait till you see one. These are all gods creation, including Satan, he can reveal himself to you when he chooses. Im not talking about a human being. I am talking about the actual Satan.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I have a few things to say on this and it won't be for Jack Black's defense even though I think he's a good actor.. i'll post my thoughts later.. and dream I had 30 years ago of this very happening...I'm not surprised.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

People dont believe in ghosts....wait till you see one. These are all gods creation, including Satan, he can reveal himself to you when he chooses. Im not talking about a human being. I am talking about the actual Satan.

It's nice to simplify the "evil" like this, but maybe you only do that because you cannot know everything that's going on on Earth and beyond. People always had a sense of simplyfying stuff if they cannot look trough - no insult, corruption is well hidden ...

You could also call it a concept of the two myterious powers pulling on the gigatic rope called existence ... But I don't like duality. More one-ness - Satan is a part of God.

Chaos.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
May the peace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

How violating !!!

Que the satanists, government shills, and Left wingers to reply.

But seriously now, I love how you have boxed up any and everyone who may reply to you in disagreement. No room left for movement, you have done away with it all. Zing!

This thread is one of the silliest ones THIS WEEK. It's only monday however.

Did anyone notice Jack had fake arms on? I mean, is he trying to appear stronger to the weak easily led sheep, so as to entice them to sacrifice themselves into a life of servitude to the dark master?

Well the devil wins, because insanity has become the norm - people no longer see satire in comedy and instead see a conspiracy to take the souls of the weak and susceptible.

Must outlaw comedy, music, MTV, --- all those devils tools of demonic indecency.

May the flying spaghetti monsters tendrils flow swiftly into your hearts and lead you to the sauce of salvation.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Atoms..

An oxygen bubble..

Dinosaurs, is just stupid as we blatantly have thousands of skeletons of them.

We have proof of all these things, yet the only proof of a 'satan' is written in a centuries old fictional book.

That's hilarious.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

People like you said that atoms didn't exist hundreds of years ago because you could not see it. Your using tools to see this. The technology to see satan has not been invented yet. Ever heard of EVP? Using tape recorders to hear ghost voice phenomenon. Couldnt have been done a few hundred years ago. Also that picture of "atoms" could be different tommorow when science discovers something tomorrow.

Let me ask you why do you think the big bang and the subsuquent expansion of the universe that is taking place (proven by red shift) is so precise. A millionth change in the degree of speed would vastly affect the universe such that no life would form? It is because God created it that precisley.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87

Atoms..

An oxygen bubble..

Dinosaurs, is just stupid as we blatantly have thousands of skeletons of them.

We have proof of all these things, yet the only proof of a 'satan' is written in a centuries old fictional book.

That's hilarious.

Actually, you are hilarious.

Have you seen proof for the skeletons being real?
Have you seen proof for the atoms being real?

Atoms are models to explain something. Not how it is, anyway.

Stop believing in what other people tell you. You are playing with probabilities you cannot define ...

And as I said, Satan exists, as a metaphor. Is he more?
We cannot proof. Over and out.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

People like you said that atoms didn't exist hundreds of years ago because you could not see it. Your using tools to see this. The technology to see satan has not been invented yet. Ever heard of EVP? Using tape recorders to hear ghost voice phenomenon. Couldnt have been done a few hundred years ago. Also that picture of "atoms" could be different tommorow when science discovers something tomorrow.

Let me ask you why do you think the big bang and the subsuquent expansion of the universe that is taking place (proven by red shift) is so precise. A millionth change in the degree of speed would vastly affect the universe such that no life would form? It is because God created it that precisley.

People like me didn't exist hundreds of years ago, i have a knowledge (as do we all) of things the average person centuries ago did not. They lived differently, and were brought up believing the world was a totally different place (if not flat).

Well, 'apparently' the universe is infinite, billions upon billions of stars, planets, etc, now going by probability, even if it was a 1 in 10 Billion chance life would form on one planet in the Universe, there is still that chance, and considering the apparent size of the universe, 1 in 10B would happen.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by incarnating

Actually, you are hilarious.

Have you seen proof for the skeletons being real?
Have you seen proof for the atoms being real?

Atoms are models to explain something. Not how it is, anyway.

Stop believing in what other people tell you. You are playing with probabilities you cannot define ...

And as I said, Satan exists, as a metaphor. Is he more?
We cannot proof. Over and out.

You are right, we cannot prove, but without proof, there isn't anything to disprove in my eyes.

We could argue about this for 100 years and not get anywhere because neither of us has proof of either side of the argument, you can't show he's real, i can't show he's not.

You'll claim me not believing is proof he's gotten to me, i'll claim the opposite.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

People like me didn't exist hundreds of years ago, i have a knowledge (as do we all) of things the average person centuries ago did not. They lived differently, and were brought up believing the world was a totally different place (if not flat).

Well, 'apparently' the universe is infinite, billions upon billions of stars, planets, etc, now going by probability, even if it was a 1 in 10 Billion chance life would form on one planet in the Universe, there is still that chance, and considering the apparent size of the universe, 1 in 10B would happen.

Then show me the other life out there? And when I mean life, im talking about intelligent life. Not microbes. If we are just like anyone else in the universe...where are your saviours? Havent seen them? Need. The point you need to understand is that you have to accept the fact that there is a chance out there that God is real for your own sake. Regardless of what I believe. You give more chance to ETs that have not been proven, shown to exist without a SINGLE shred of evidence. This is how I believe in God, there is no evidence, but there are SIGNS pointing to his existence.

If I created a fish tank and put a fish in it, the fish will not know that its tank is not natural....there may be signs pointing that it was engineered, namely the precisely shaped corners of its universe. I have a degree in physics, and I have studided the universe, and there are numerous signs that lead me to belive that this universe was infact engineered, yet they dont teach you that in school.

Asking humans to prove the existence of a god is like asking the fish in the fishtank to prove the existence of humans that built it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

You are right, we cannot prove, but without proof, there isn't anything to disprove in my eyes.

We could argue about this for 100 years and not get anywhere because neither of us has proof of either side of the argument, you can't show he's real, i can't show he's not.

You'll claim me not believing is proof he's gotten to me, i'll claim the opposite.

Actually all I want to say is that you are being wrong by saying Satan does not exist. And illogical by saying atoms do exist, and in that form.
nuff said

Chaos!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join