It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Black Gives A Prayer To Satan Live At The 2009 VMAS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
[Penn and Teller, ha! lol! what are you trying to say exactly. Number one I do not believe in the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. I do not believe I must have the pope as the intercessor to God for me, that is the whole point of the Holy Spirit.

I'm glad you judge me so quickly knowing so much about me. As far as organized religion goes, that is the problem. I'm not into religion, I am into Christ. My personal relationship with Jesus is what matters to me. Even in the Christian churches there are people being led astray. I really don't need to go into detail with you, as you will not know what i am talking about.

There needs to be a differentiation between organized religion and following Christ.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by paxnatus]

Ok, but why should your "christ" be better or more valid than Jack's Satan?

Regardless of any organisation, there is a hideous (my opinion) predominance of prayer in the media, yet I realise that it may hold validity for some people, especially in their time(s) of need.

Your railing against what was obviously a joke is akin to trolling in my mind and just an attempt for some attention. Even if it were a genuine prayer to Satan, so what? It would vary upon that individuals definition and relationship with Satan as to how "evil" it may be.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
you Christians are just mad because our personal invisible man (Satan, lucifer, baelzabub, etc etc) can beat up your personal invisible man (gawd) and then go have some beers, breakdance and so on.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree pax, the event overall was very luciferian - but I think Jack Blacks thing was just in there to throw it off, to make it look innocent. Stuff like that and the half ass methodology called Satanism only make people believe these are the real satansts, sort of 'parodying' christianity to make it a joke, when really Luciferians are there funding wars and eugenics and depopulation...

We already know JayZ Beyonce Kanye Madonna Britney are in on it, I would not doubt Lady Gaga and (In my opinion) all the other crappy 'artists' who dont do their own work yet are somehow successful.

Metal only got called Satanic because some stuck up people didnt like it and because it involve some abstract thought. Years ago even my mother came into my room listening to Meshuggah and she called it 'death metal' even though it have nothing to do with death... their lyrics are amazing.

Like I said - satanism is just invented to make people scoff at luciferianism... the real danger

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If people can openly worship, then why not the freedom to worship satan?

You can't have one and not the other and proclaim yourself to have freedom of religion.

If Jack Black wants to be a satanist, then so be it. It is his choice. If he wants to evangelize it, that's ok too.

ultimately, we have all been charged with thinking for ourselves and exercising our free will.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Even if he was 100% serious, I wouldn't have a problem with him & others deciding to practice their religion or engage in the rituals, customs, and practices associated with it. As long as it doesn't interfere with me, I support freedom.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
that was just stupid.
usually jack black is pretty funny, but that was crap.
tenacious d and the pick of destiny was funny and it had satan in it.
but this didnt seem to get many laughs from the audience either.
i dont believe in god or satan so i dont find this offensive.
just an unfunny attempt at a crap joke

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

We have freedom of speech in this country. So if what he said offends you, say something else.

And as far as the children, it's up to the parents to not let them watch whatever they deem offensive.

From now on, every time somebody says "think of the children" I'm gonna say "NO, think of the negligent parents".

There are far worse things on TV for children, and they don't come with a label of aproval by "satan himself" for easy identification.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by incarnating

How do atoms look to you? Seen one lately? How do oxygen look to you? How does a black hole look to you? Seen one lately? How do dinosaurs look to you? Seen any lately?

Just cause you cant see it, doesnt make it so.

And just because you draw an analogy to other invisible things doesn't make it so either. So can we agree that satan's existence is inconclusive?

-rrr

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

That is clearly A joke. Here let me show you how it works.
Im gonna take the next few lines to worship the devil.
Dear Devil, thank you for all that you have done. I hope too see you
soon! Keep up the good work.
Amen.
Should I start a thread about me praying to the Devil live on ATS?
This is beyond crazy, It's hard talking to friends about these things whenever there is people and video out their that make it seem like we are nuts.
Thanks for publicity!

Peace!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ancient Gnostic sects, also known as Luciferian, believed that we all are eternal souls who were born in the a cosmic void of immaterial nothingness. It is there that the misunderstood, loving and benevolent god Lucifer resides and he is our true father.

They believe that Jehovah is the subordinate god who fashions the sensible world in the light of eternal ideas; A prideful, inferior deity who is the creator of the material world. He is frequently identified with the creator God of the Old Testament. He is god and master of this material plain and found a way to trap our souls within this material world.

So in essence, Jehovah separated us from the love of Lucifer and in doing so imprisoned us in the physical reality. This is all in order to not only control us, but to ensure our spiritual growth is stunted so that we remain in this material world for all eternity, never to be reunited with our true origins in the cosmos...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
OP for the love of God have you read the Bible? Have you read what it encourages? What God does to his own "children"... how he tells us to solve problems? # at this point I think Satan is the lesser of two evils, especially since God created all of the "evil" that is inside of Satan.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by incarnating

Originally posted by Lister87

You are right, we cannot prove, but without proof, there isn't anything to disprove in my eyes.

We could argue about this for 100 years and not get anywhere because neither of us has proof of either side of the argument, you can't show he's real, i can't show he's not.

You'll claim me not believing is proof he's gotten to me, i'll claim the opposite.

Actually all I want to say is that you are being wrong by saying Satan does not exist. And illogical by saying atoms do exist, and in that form.
nuff said

Chaos!

Satan does not exist, except in your imagination. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim. So if you disagree, you are more than welcome to bring a piece of satan.

As far as "evil", the world is full of things that can be no doubt labled as evil, they are actions made by people who act in selfish ways that hurt others. There is no sense in which we can attribute those actions to a "guy" called satan. We can attribute those actions to perhaps "memes" or popular ideas that resonate, and those things are the closest that we can possibly get to the concept of a "satan"

But if we are to accept an idea of personal responsibility, we cannot also blame satan for the selfish actions of individuals. Otherwise, anybody can do something evil and say "satan made me do it'

You are welcome to disagree, and you are welcome to say that you are right all you want. Freedom of speech does not denote an obligation to be right.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Our economy is in the crapper. Obama is being hailed as the new Jesus and is getting the Nobel peace prize for nothing. America is at war in at least 3 countries. People are getting fired left and right but this is what the OP focuses on.

A #ing joke. The fact that unemployment is 20% in some parts of this country isn't a problem. the fact that jack black said a mock prayer is.

this is second stupid thing to be on the home page this week. I thought the balloon boy was bad enough. now this? how the # is this even a conspiracy? And if it was i would honestly rather follow jack black and laugh my way to hell then follow any group that has you in it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't like this at all, I love Jack Black and "satan" only exists if you want him to, if you believe in him, if you allow your self to believe in "god" and the "bible".

Maybe these things you care about are shackles.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by theuhstuf]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
LMAO ... quite literally

If you are into one religion or another yourself, then I say you have an obligation to respect other people's choice of religion ... that is, if you want them to respect you for yours of course.

However, that said, it is just too comical to hear one from this religion whining about or even attacking another person's religion. All religions are man-made and fear based and thus complete nonsense.

The creator of all things - whatever he, she or it is, is an entity of love ... all love and nothing but love. Like someone else said once ... "I don't know what god is ... but I do know what he is not" ... and IMO the god spoken of in the Bible is not the creator of all things and certainly is not a god of love, patience or even one that keeps to his own word.

So - whether it floats your boat to pray to an imaginary person in the sky, to a dude wanting to poke yer butt with a pitchfork for all eternity, to a golden statue or even a tree ... if love TRUELY is at the core of your belief system, then I say go for it!!

Though I must say that I find all religions sorely lacking when it comes to love.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If Jack Black wants to pray to Satan, then let him.

He's a piss poor entertainer that needs all the help that he can get, and its quite evident that God isn't going to do anything for him.

I guess I shouldn't take away from, or downgrade some of his talents, but, I personally am not impressed by his antics.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
well, proper satanism is basically the belief in capitalism, materialism, and furthering self without reliance on a diety.

It is a prayer to humans verses to a God.

Satanism is supposed to make a mockery out of the established church business, empowering the individual verses a sky god.

I see it just as valid a religion and potential positives/negatives as any other religion frankly. I think that should prayer be instituted in school, satanism should be taught..the principles taught in satanism will allow a child to develop critical aspects of their life that will help them directly in the life ahead of them verses most other religions.

One way to consider this: God empowers himself and makes the people kneel (bow before authority). Satan empowers man and says bow to nobody. Which would you rather teach your child, be strong or be a slave to anyone with percieved power over you.

now, in saying all that, I am non-religious (am spiritual though). and when I see people bickering about religions, I see the fairyites arguing with the unicornitarians as to which mythical beast is the good and the bad.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Christians play so much into the dogma they miss most of the things that are moral about bible. I can't think of one Christian that lives by the word of Jesus.

The sooner we are done with trinkets and incense, the happier our lives will be. When we are no longer afraid of fear we will grow.

I wonder how Christians feel about all the pictures of their political leaders flashing the symbols of witchcraft in their faces?

www.youtube.com...

Do they not realize that this symbolism surrounds most of their daily lives yet they don’t recognize or realize it?

en.wikipedia.org...

Do you reject your society, buildings, and cities? When you realize it is occult and secret do you banish it or accept it and carry on with your daily life?

But if jack Black stands up and makes a joke people create a thread to damn it? Honestly it makes no sense. But it shows the true nature of belief.

The idea of a god might be nice, but the belief will kill us all.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well if people start getting attached to the ''satan/god'' notions, it already means that person will probably follow the rest of the sheople that don't understand the world around them. Believing everything said by the media and stuff.

People need to realise that the anwser to life isn't in some farytale book oh good and evil... the anwser lies around us. You just need to know where to look.

Side note: how many wars have been started over christianity cause I lost count?

P.S. If your teen is influence by COMEDIC sketches or goes kill someone because of a video game, it probably means that somebody isn't watching the kid.

[edit on 19/10/2009 by Guru88]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Ancient Gnostic sects, also known as Luciferian,
*believed*
that we all are eternal souls who were born in the a cosmic void of immaterial nothingness. It is there that the misunderstood, loving and benevolent god Lucifer resides and he is our true father.

They
*believe*
that Jehovah is the subordinate god who fashions the sensible world in the light of eternal ideas; A prideful, inferior deity who is the creator of the material world. He is
*frequently identified*
with the creator God of the Old Testament. He is god and master of this material plain and found a way to trap our souls within this material world.

*So in essence,*
Jehovah separated us from the love of Lucifer and in doing so imprisoned us in the physical reality. This is all in order to not only control us, but to ensure our spiritual growth is stunted so that we remain in this material world for all eternity, never to be reunited with our true origins in the cosmos...

Umm, 2 beliefs don't make 1 truth...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join