It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Mayor Promises a Winter Without Snow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Moscow Mayor Promises a Winter Without Snow

www.time.com

For just a few million dollars, the mayor's office will hire the Russian Air Force to spray a fine chemical mist over the clouds before they reach the capital, forcing them to dump their snow outside the city. Authorities say this will be a boon for Moscow, which is typically covered with a blanket of snow from November to March. Road crews won't need to constantly clear the streets, and traffic - and quality of life - will undoubtedly improve.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is interesting to say the least. One question I have is what will happen to those who are in the area where Moscow's snow is dumped instead? You get your share of snow plus Moscow's share, so thats twice as much. I could understand clearing a rainstorm for a parade, but clearing the entire season of all snow? That must to do something to the natural balance.

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord

the mayor's office will hire the Russian Air Force to t over the clouds before they reach the capital, forcing them to dump their snow outside the city.

I just love the way we are all suppose to think that this is something new
AND that it isn't harmful.
Watch your skies - it's not new.
Bullsh-t.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

Do you know where it is dumped lol? This will be interesting, is this the first time? Must be.

Maybe dumbed where there are no roads or houses, but who knows. Is this the first time we have tried to change the weather? I remember China was sending rockets to the clouds to rain lol.

S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

It says that the snow will end up in Moscow's suburbs. They (unsuprisingly) have the most objections to this plan.

They have used weather control in the past. To make sure rain doesn't affect the parades on Victory Day (May7th) and City Day (September 4th/5th) But they have not used their weather changing abilities to block out a season's worth of snow.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Silly Moscowites. Yury Luzhkov is a joker thinking he could defeat Russia's winter. Russian winter beat back Napoleon, Hitler, national sobriety, and those annoying Western European and Japanese tourists. I am taking a bet against Moscow's mayor.

This is interesting to say the least. One question I have is what will happen to those who are in the area where Moscow's snow is dumped instead?

Would it make a difference if you get 50 feet of snow or 100 dumped on you? You won't be done digging yourself out until spring either way.

In all seriousness this is a ridiculous announcement by Luzhkov - a few million dollars won't get you shoveled street in Moscow. Something like this would cost far far more, and I don't see it happening. This news is pretty humorous actually.

To be fair though, with all the money Moscow has and will all the wealthy oligarchs living there who spend winters vacationing in the tropics, they could build themselves a biodome around the city, and place the thermostat at 30 degrees Celsius for the winter.

You get your share of snow plus Moscow's share, so thats twice as much.

Knowing Moscow and Moscowites - they aren't even aware that there is Russia outside of Moscow. Moscow is its own world, and what is outside Moscow is of little concern.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by maloy]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I second the post above me. Mother Nature shall win out against the Motherland.

Humans are not God. The sooner we figure that out the better.

I hope they get twice as much snow now just because they thought they could control it.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Heck of a run really when you get right down to it. There was just no telling when or where or how it might end, but it's official...

For the FIRST TIME IN HUMAN HISTORY GOVERNMENT IS ACTUALLY GOING TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP THE PEOPLE!

I know where they must be dumping the snow, for something like this to happen it must obviously be snowing in hell!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Something tells me that this is going to blow up in their faces, if they try to carry it out. You can't mess with Mother Nature. Not for long, anyway. She gets mighty cranky. We can play around with a few clouds, but she can dump ten feet of snow (or rain, or hail) on us any old time she feels like it.

More seriously, I'd imagine that this would cause flooding in the regions where the snow was dumped, possibly droughts in Moscow itself, all kinds of problems from an imbalance.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ummm... If this actually comes to pass then I'm going to have to reconsider all those chemtrail/HAARP/weather modification threads on ATS.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
More seriously, I'd imagine that this would cause flooding in the regions where the snow was dumped

Moscow suburbs already get flooded out every year. And not just from melting snow - all of the city's sewers flow into the suburbs, as a way for Moscowites to demonstrate how they feel about the country folk.

Originally posted by chiron613
possibly droughts in Moscow itself, all kinds of problems from an imbalance.

Moscow already has all kinds of problems from all kinds of imbalances. Seriously though, even if they manage to stop it from snowing, the freezing winters will not be more bearable because it is the cold that is the biggest problem.

The rest of Russians do consider Moscowites to whine too much though - they have always been far too spoiled. Not only do other Russians have to shovel their own snow in -30 degree weather each morning, but they have to fight off Polar Bears while doing it. In Moscow they just attach a snow plow to their Mercedes and turn the seat heater on high.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Oh could you Soviets please lend us some of your technology to us Canadians? We need it more than you do, I swear. You should see our winters. Living in the coldest city on earth with a population of over 500 000, these anti-snow capabilities would be greatly appreciated, regardless of all health costs that the chemicals would compromise. I'm serious. Our budget for snow removal for one winter is 27 million dollars. That could feed a lot of homeless mouths.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Ummm... If this actually comes to pass then I'm going to have to reconsider all those chemtrail/HAARP/weather modification threads on ATS.

Facepalm

No, seriously it wont wok. You simply can not prevent snow from falling. You would have to dry out an area the size of russia....on an hourly basis. Weather comes ina dn changes so rapidly, that this is simply not possible...or plausible for that matter. In fact, IMHO it will work in he opposite way. All those chemical molecules imply serve as a mechanism to increase ice growth, which in turn increases the likelihood of precipitation.

I mean look what happened whenthe Chinese tried to do it for the olympic games, lol...it poured down

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
One should not dismiss Lushkov so quickly. I doubt he would have opened his mouth and made such a statement unless he was pretty sure he could deliver... besides he has a secret weapon.. his wife is SO ugly she could probably scare the snow away by going outside and staring at the sky.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

What a crock of shat. I hope nobody paid this bozo anything.

No snow? Get real.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's sad to see this criminal still as mayor first of all. There's so many bad things which he and his wife can be blamed of. I hope Luzhkov pulls out from this one though, sounds like veryveryvery bad idea.

They do use weather control in Russia in parades and such indeed, making it sure it is not raining, but at this scale ..eh.. Besides, that would affect the weather dramatically other ways as well if I'm not wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Coldest city in the world is actually Yakustsk in Russia mate

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
where are the " there aren't chemtrails, contrail is natural phenomenon believers" ?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
where are the " there aren't chemtrails, contrail is natural phenomenon believers" ?

Well, these are actaully completely different things. Cloud seeding actually takes place inside a cloud....and at much lower altitudes.

Contrails occur where higher up in the troposphere, where the only cloud that occur are comprised of ice and do not precipitate. The release of this chemical wont actually be visible at all...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
weather mod is FACT!

second line

top topics

<<   2 >>

join