It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London denies UK Muslim spy charge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Accusation:

But in a critical report, the Institute of Race Relations claimed the programme has, in effect, established "one of the most elaborate systems of surveillance ever seen in Britain".

Arun Kundnani, the report's author, concludes that far from for tackling extremism, Prevent actually fostered division, mistrust and alienation.

"The Prevent progamme constructs the Muslim population as a 'suspect community' ... encourages tokenism, facilitates violations of privacy and professional norms of confidentiality, discourages local democracy and is counter-productive in reducing the risk of political violence", Kundnani said.

More..

Shami Chakrabarti, the director of UK-based political rights watchdog Liberty, also branded Prevent the biggest spying programme in Britain in modern times and "an affront to civil liberties".

"It is information-gathering directed at the innocent and the spying is directed at people because of their religion, and not because of their behaviour."

She noted that the information authorities are gathering include political views, information on mental health, sexual activity and associates and other sensitive information.

And according to other documents presented to the UK's The Guardian newspaper on Saturday, Prevent's intelligence and information can be stored until the people concerned reach the age of 100.

Denial:

The British government has denied a programme for tackling religious extremism is used by its security agencies to spy on Muslim communities.

In a statement released on Saturday, the Home Office said its $230 million Preventing Violent Extremism strategy did not engage in covert intelligence gathering on potential terrorists.

"Any suggestion that Prevent is about spying is simply wrong. Prevent is about working with communities to protect vulnerable individuals and address the root causes of radicalisation," the Home Office said.

Source

Is Poland to Germany the same as Britain to America? I see the parallal policies which really worries me.

The unjust actions, and the fear mongering ideologies which are going around worries me.

"It starts from bottom, not the top."

Remember that little statement.

thanks for your time

ooz

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
For all you muslims, i can tell you what uk does to people, as i have lived it.

1) They will use mind control on you to monitor and influence you, fact.
2) They will put cameras in your homes, to watch you
3) They will follow you every where and make sure they know everything you do.
4) You will not have a moment of privacy in your life as my life has shown.
5) They may also put drugs in your water supply, to help with destroying your life.

All these things have been done to my life, so all you people that may be on there watch list, that come here, these things are very real. The uk people are scum and they will destroy any innocent person they can, as they can do it. Just make sure you never do anything for them to say they where right.

I live in london, and have been on a watch list for at least 17 years. The government and police where absolutely desperate to get me to commit a crime period, and they cannot stand it i never did.

My life has proved what happens in london, uk, as i have lived with it for 17 years. The people monitoring you do not care one bit, and they will perve into everything.

[edit on 10/17/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just to reiterate a point from the actual source, it's not just "London" - which doesn't mean much and is a ridiculously poor headline - that are denying these charges. The Quilliam Foundation, which is Muslim group that's worked with both main political parties in Britain, have also said this is a nonsense.

I'll agree with ideas that Islamic terrorism is played-up by a government desperate to foster a culture of fear, however at the same time, there's actual non-violent Islamic groups that are worth keeping an eye on all the same such as the group protesting for Sharia Law across Britain and so on. Now whilst these people aren't bombing trains, buses or whatever Muslim terrorists are alleged to do, but what they're advocating is a massive, practically revolutionary change to the British way of life. Whilst these kinds of groups exist then I'd have thought it was common sense - even from a government critic/sceptic - that they should be monitored.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

ok take the medication and have a wee sleep, if you have been under survalance for 17 years then.

A What did you do?
B are you still doing it?
C are you possible very very paraniod?
D Do you have something to hide?

I am glad to see your hatered of the UK people has kept you here for 17 years or more.

17 years worth of survalance would costs millions of pounds for what you claim they have done. Better off if they had just made you have an accident or are they trying?

[edit on 17-10-2009 by jpmail]

[edit on 17-10-2009 by jpmail]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

I did nothing, but i stumbled across the fact that they use electronic mind control on kids at school in 92. I have never done anything, but scum made up loads of rubbish about me, for me to be watched.

My family and everyone who knows me, knows all about this and no i am not on tablets and my doctors know about it too, i can openly say what i just said above to my doctor and they just shrugg there shoulders.

It has been going on for 17 years now, and i could not move away from it either.

So remember people if your on there watchlist your life will maybe be similar to mine, as my life has proved beyond any doubt that these things are happening, and i do not think they care too much now that i talk about it, as they have done this thing to me pretty openly.

So if they are doing it to me for no reason other than people made up stuff, the police and government will be doing this to loads of people.

One thing i would say to you people never do anything, as they will just be laughing that they may have got you to do something. These people have no care what so ever.

If your one of the people being watched like me, just beware that they can do all this stuff, and they do not care about things like filming you at home, and taking every moment from your life to ridicule you.

If i was you and in one of these groups, take these words very carefully, and consider what your doing, and that you may be doing what they want.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
For all you luslims, i can tell you what uk does to people, as i have lived it.

1) They will use mind control on you to monitor and influence you, fact.
2) They will put cameras in your homes, to watch you
3) They will follow you every where and make sure they know everything you do.
4) You will not have a moment of privacy in your life as my life has shown.
5) They may also put drugs in your water supply, to help with destroying your life.

Erm Andy once again you provide no proof and you keep repeating yourself.

You only ever seem to hint at something but never reveal WHY you were supposedly spied on. Show us the camera in your home or something.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Just to reiterate a point from the actual source, it's not just "London" - which doesn't mean much and is a ridiculously poor headline - that are denying these charges. The Quilliam Foundation, which is Muslim group that's worked with both main political parties in Britain, have also said this is a nonsense.

I'll agree with ideas that Islamic terrorism is played-up by a government desperate to foster a culture of fear, however at the same time, there's actual non-violent Islamic groups that are worth keeping an eye on all the same such as the group protesting for Sharia Law across Britain and so on. Now whilst these people aren't bombing trains, buses or whatever Muslim terrorists are alleged to do, but what they're advocating is a massive, practically revolutionary change to the British way of life. Whilst these kinds of groups exist then I'd have thought it was common sense - even from a government critic/sceptic - that they should be monitored.

Another opinion

But not all Islamic groups agree that Prevent has been abused.

Ed Husain, of the UK-based Quilliam Foundation, which has advised both the Labour party and the Conservative party on Islamic extremism and whose foundation receives more tha $1m a year in funding from Prevent, said intelligence-gathering before an attack was better than dealing with it afterwards.

"It is gathering intelligence on people not committing terrorist offences - it is morally right to give law enforcement agencies the best chance of stopping terrorists before they strike," he said.

Prevent is run by the Office for Security and Counter Terrorism, a part of the Home Office.

That being said, it is really not another opinion, but still London, I mean this group receives 1000, 000$ a year, I wouldn't criticize the group which is giving this sum of money to me.

Thanks for your time

ooz

[edit on 17-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
With the greatest respect

this is the UK - you have the right not to be here

you have the right to leave this nation

whilst i don't doubt your feelings of persecution you have the right to a lawyer who will try your case to the High Courts

This is a nation founded on the very tenet of democracy - something even the USA fails at at times - and if we fail you - you do have the right to move from this nation.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
With the greatest respect

this is the UK - you have the right not to be here

you have the right to leave this nation

whilst i don't doubt your feelings of persecution you have the right to a lawyer who will try your case to the High Courts

This is a nation founded on the very tenet of democracy - something even the USA fails at at times - and if we fail you - you do have the right to move from this nation.

And the defender of Britain pops in

No disrespect but those people who are being spied on are also British, they were born in Britain. That being said they can't run off to another country, that is their home.

The High Courts, umm the High Court can't do much if fear mongering is placed on the table. You guys can arrest people without charge, what did the High Court do about it?

More than half the people arrested in Britain on suspicion of terrorism since 2001 have been freed without being charged..

Source

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well as a British person - hell my family got here in c1400 I feel I have a right to defend MY nation - that's MY nation - not a Muslim state or subject to Sharia law.

We are BRITISH - and intend to stay that way - my way or the high way is my rule

Do you know that hanging is still permissible in the UK?

I doubt it - if you do please cite the 4 reasons why

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
Well as a British person - hell my family got here in c1400 I feel I have a right to defend MY nation - that's MY nation - not a Muslim state or subject to Sharia law.

We are BRITISH - and intend to stay that way - my way or the high way is my rule

Do you know that hanging is still permissible in the UK?

I doubt it - if you do please cite the 4 reasons why

You are talking about your family, not yourself

Now let's see, how long have you lived in Britain? 20 - 50 years? or maybe 18 years, I don't know your age. But I'm sure there are Muslims who lived in Britain longer than you, your family doesn't concern me. It is about you.

That being said what do you mean you want to defend your nation? From what? From change? You don't believe your nation have changed since c1400? I mean common, you guys changed alot, so once again what are you defending your nation from?

The change can be seen everywhere, for example woman's rights, it didn't exist in Britain that long ago, Slavery, it doesn't exist anymore, colonialism, it doesn't exist anymore. So what are defending?

You say you don't want Sharia, well the things is many people didn't want slavery to end, it is up to people whether they want Sharia or not. As you said yourself:

This is a nation founded on the very tenet of democracy

Democracy is the rule of majority, if you don't want change then fight Democracy, not Muslims who are also you British brothers. Isn't Britain a Kingdom.

Anyways the last death penalty law was abolished in 1998, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by oozyism]

top topics

join