It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your life flashed before your eyes (what would you expect to see?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well time to reflect on your life and make some changes.

If my life flashed before my eyes, I think it would start from the innocent days, back in my country where it felt like home etc etc. but then I would expect to see that massive change in my life due to immigration, I would expect to see drugs, alcohol and women (even more than one at a time).

I would expect to see street fighting, I would expect to see the bad person I have become. So I think my life from a good religious Muslim with a strong belief to a bad individual who stopped giving a f@@k.

I would also expect to see ATS because I have been here for 2 years I think. Ever since I have tried to change, tried to change for the better, although still smoking that thing in almost daily bases, I'm getting there.

Still drinking every 2nd or third day, but still getting there. At this point you might think I'm an ass who still doesn't give a f@@k but I do, I just need to put my foot down.

I'm still going Uni, trying to achieve something, although I smoke, I still pass with average marks.

So basically I would see the good and the bad, starting as good, being a child ofcurse, and was turned in to something which I probably never wanted to be.

How will I be remembered is another thread as in itself.

Thanks for your time

ooz

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oozyism, from a person who has actually experienced this flash of life before his eyes, yet came back from it all, it's not like a movie playing itself all before my eyes. At least it wasn't what I experienced. To me it was a rush of emotions. Both mine and that of the creatures I affected.And it was a wonderous experience, because it was tempered with the emotions of the Creator, who understood what I had experienced.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Were the emotions connected to anything? Did you see anything while feeling those emotions, or was it just a rush without any connections.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

At this point you might think I'm an ass who still doesn't give a f@@k

But please, continue your rant - nothing good on the tele and the mood around here seems rather stale...entertainment seems to be in your DNA ooz.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I think you give a "faak", otherwise you wouldn't have posted.

I almost died once. No life before my eyes, so maybe I wasn't that close...but I do remember repeating one sentence/statement in my mind over and over again: "this is it." I was 12 years-old, just a small plucky. I almost drown in a river, I had smashed my knee on a rock and got caught in a whirlpool of sorts; I was saved by a life guard who was on personal time, sun-bathing nearby.

plucky

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Do I deserve a star for that

I'm more concerned about interesting topics rather than dull and boring ones. At the end of the day everyone of my topics have been useful in one sense or another for productive discussions.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Do I deserve a star for that

I gave ya' 3...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
UFC fights, wakeboarding, lord of the rings and a whole lot of ATS threads. Besides that I would probally draw a blank.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
UFC fights, wakeboarding, lord of the rings and a whole lot of ATS threads. Besides that I would probally draw a blank.

Excuse me, Fat Albert, but UFC and The Lord of the Rings go together like Republicans and homosexuals...wait a tick, maybe you're right.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Probably nothing my life was/is pretty taint, unless all previous thoughts, dreams and "euphoric" moments come flooding back to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Good thread, oozy.

I wonder if we all think about this every now and then or just those of us with regrets. I've been working real hard to let go of the past, I think it's really important.

I used to spend a lot of time in solitude, indulging destructive behaviors. I often thought about how if my life played back, I would be in the same place, doing the same thing, staring at the same spot for an awful long time. I imagined the 'movie' of life playing back real fast and seeing the same scene for a long time, even though it was on fast forward.

I rather like the notion of experiencing the emotions that other people feel as a result of my interactions with them. I like it until I think of anyone I might have wronged and what it would feel like to be them, when they were wronged by me.

Can really only speculate, but I'm really banking on, and hoping that the judgement I used to anticipate isn't as bad as I thought. I'm hoping that there will be peace.

Like a giant imaginary scale, I hope the positive side weighs more than the negative, but maybe we'll get there,wherever 'there' is and find out that the weight isn't that important after all.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I heard the term used before my experience, but didnt put much stock into the idea. I was nearly killed by a gunshot wound to the face by a small caliber pistol when I was 19, by a small time mexican gangster wannabe who didnt like my cowboy hat. I experienced my life flashing before my eyes, and it was like a million still pictures of things I had done and people I had known. The whole thing took only a second or two, faster than you would believe your brain could process that much info. But I still remember it like it was yesterday. I also had a so called "near death experience", but I dont know about the truth to people who say it is nothing more than your brain reacting to the trauma. Maybe its all natural, maybe its supernatural, I still dont know.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
BTW- S&F

Second lines are so BORING!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I once had an auto accident in which I though I would die. There was an overwhelming peace and calm that came over me and it was just "so this is how I die". I actually came no where near dieing but I will never forget the peace and calm.

If I had a life review what would I think? "Oops, I screwed up the same way this time as I did last time. God, whomever, please, I don't want to do this over again. Help me here".

I have precognitive dreams and some of them showed me that I would fail/fall. I did everything I thought I knew to do to try to change it. None the less, I fail away from the path I was pursuing. I have had several precognitive dreams of things on a personal level and they come true.

I am convinced we have no control over our lives except that when we make develop major understanding and make them our own, then we can carry them own to the next life and change some small part of it.

I know this isn't a common understanding but it is mine...for the moment.

top topics

join