It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN vote sends Gaza war report to Security Council

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

When we're going to talk about Jihadists, I'm also going to mention this phrase. But until Israel and it's senseless killings are on the table I'm not going to point at someone else. I'm staying right on topic.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Richard Goldstone, the author of the report, said the draft resolution saddened him, “as as it includes only allegations against Israel. There is not a single phrase condemning Hamas, as we have done in the report”.

Even the author is saddened by this - Israel has been treated unfairly, and all day anti-Israel comments have filled this thread, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

It was not a fair resolution, and Hamas hasn't been appropriately blamed yet.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

Yes, finally the UN is doing something about it, but actually...

Six were against, including the United States. Eleven, mostly European and African countries formally abstained, while Britain, France and three other members declined to vote at all.

Moreover...

The assembly lacks the power to force any war crimes prosecutions without the support of the UN Security Council, and the US has already used its power of veto many times in the past to protect Israel from similar sanction.

Source:
Israel, Hamas Guilty of War Crimes: UN Human Rights

So there are still 25 humane countries left over, which of course DO NOT include the United States and Europe, but what to expect? For many obvious reasons Africa also cannot accuse Israel for war crimes. Which countries did?

<< 1  2   >>

join