It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN vote sends Gaza war report to Security Council

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

UN vote sends Gaza war report to Security Council

news.yahoo.com

GENEVA – The U.N. Human Rights Council has voted to refer a Gaza war crimes report to the Security Council, possibly setting up international prosecution of Israelis and Palestinians accused of war crimes.

The vote was 25 to 6 in favor of the resolution. Eleven countries abstained in the 47-nation body Friday.

The council approved the resolution after two days of debate over a report on last winter's war that was written by Judge Richard Goldstone and his team.

Israel and the United States have called the report "flawed" and warned that it could jeopardize the Middle East peace p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Vote Passed!!!!

I had a feeling reading this that their might be some justice left in the word after all..I now await Israel's response since as also stated in the article...

Israel and the United States have called the report "flawed" and warned that it could jeopardize the Middle East peace

this jeopardizing peace in the Middle East..just bring some truth out and we are hungry for it.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Finally the U.N is doing something. Let's prosecute the war criminals.

Do you know what Israelis are going to say: Anti-Semite U.N. and the usual boring blablabla. Then when they're facing it's not going to work they'll urge everyone to boycott other countries, whose voted against them. Similar scenario, which was in 1933, when the Zionists are declared boycott and war against Germany when they also started to prosecute the notorious liars for their lies. Now, similar scenario begins.

Zionist Israel = Pathetic race of barbarians.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here's a little perspective for you Israel haters:

Prior to the vote, Col. Richard Kemp, the former commander of British forces in Afghanistan addressed the UN session, and said that based on his knowledge and experience, during Operation Cast Lead, the IDF "did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare."

Speaking on behalf of UN Watch, an independent Geneva human rights group, Kemp added that "Israel did so while facing an enemy that deliberately positioned its military capability behind the human shield of the civilian population."

He said that Hamas, like Hizballah, was expert at driving the media agenda.

"Both will always have people ready to give interviews condemning Israeli forces for war crimes," he said. "They are adept at staging and distorting incidents."

"It is the automatic, Pavlovian presumption by many in the international media, and international human rights groups, that the IDF are in the wrong, that they are abusing human rights," continued Kemp. "The truth is that the IDF took extraordinary measures to give Gaza civilians notice of targeted areas, dropping over 2 million leaflets, and making over 100,000 phone calls. Many missions that could have taken out Hamas military capability were aborted to prevent civilian casualties."

"War is chaos and full of mistakes," added the former commander who has served with NATO and the United Nations; commanded troops in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Macedonia; and participated in the Gulf War. "There have been mistakes by the British, American and other forces in Afghanistan and in Iraq, many of which can be put down to human error. But mistakes are not war crimes."

He stressed that the civilian casualties were a consequence of Hamas' way of fighting, saying the terror group deliberately tried to sacrifice their own civilians.

"Israel had no choice apart from defending its people, to stop Hamas from attack"

[edit on 16-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is good news these poor people mite get some justice well at least i hope they do it's time for these war criminals to pay the piper.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaadn there you go. Here comes the first with the usual "For you haters" (After he edited: Israel haters), blablabla.

These sort of people don't even understand that killing is bad. They simply don't understand with their degenerate mind; what they're making is senseless and cannot be justified. And then they're trying to explain why the massacre what they've made is good... pathetic. People like you John can't take responsibility for anything and these sort of people are calling themselves as some sort of "Chosen one.". Pathetic race of misguided, deluded people.

Don't lie please. It's useless. No one is going to buy this BS propaganda what you presented here.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

What are Israel supposed to do - fire back the same crappy rockets that hamas used to be a proportionate response? Each rocket sent over by hamas had the potential to kill, even if most did miss. Another thread to blame israel for hamas using human shields.

The UN can't even control their own headquarters - Gaddaffi spoke for almost 3 hours when he had a 20 min allotted slot! I think it was Henry Kissinger who said if the UN building fell down, the world wouldn't notice or change.

Since many believe iran is not building nukes, can those same people explain why the IAEA has given Iran an entire month before inspection of the new enrichment facility?

The UN's own actions, along with Obama's are only going to push Israel into unilateral action against Iran. I'm not saying the US should bomb Iran before Israel does, I just would like the IAEA to stop messing around and do their job properly. El baredei is busy holding hands and kissing Ahmadi during their meetings for the cameras, that they forgot they had a real job to do!

Now Hezbollah & hamas know they can get away with using human shields, palestinians are going to be more in danger than they were before.

Israel do need to compromise on settlement building and just stop altogether. But the peace process is now dead, and we're probably days or weeks away from another war. Well done UN, maybe you should get the nobel "piss" prize instead.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

You might as well give up. Arguing with idiocy is generally fruitless. I'm not a fan of some of Israel's actions, but a bigotted antisemite is as intelligent as dirt. In their book, if you fart in the presence of a "Palestinian", you've conducted a war crime.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

What the Israelis should to do? Shut their mouth for a life time and take a "How not to lie and live a clean life" 101. That would do the trick.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Firstly, I am somewhat happy about this
the only thing that makes me unhappy is who makes up the UN Security Council
5 members belonging to the worlds largest arms dealers/buyers on the planet

the truth is, U.S. which is part of the council will not want an investigation
because they are the ones that funded the war and sent Israel white phosphorus to test on gazans
America WILL fight this, and most likely win

Secondly, John, I Am Sick and Tired of people talking about the hamas rockets
what do you expect them to do?
just sit down and take the apartheid?
just sit down and take the blockading of food and medical supplies?
just sit down with robot snipers along the gaza walls pointing at them?
just sit down and accept that the israeli govt. has turned their home into a prison?

try doing all of this to New Yorkers, go ahead and try
tell me later how it ends up working out
when New Yorkers start shooting you are you going to call them terroists too?
Or try this in Texas, go ahead try it!
let me know how it ends up

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
www.geenstijl.nl...

^^ thats your war crime - the use of white phosphorus against hospitals is a total breach of the CCWC and a war crime/

although for at least 1 member of this forum , he has openly admitted to slaughtering those in a hospital with this chemical weapon.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I can link other pictures too. This is what the Israelis are doing...

[SNIP]

So tell me what is it, if it's not a crime against humanity?

And yeah, I know the next Zionists, Israeli supporter blablabla answers. "The Islamic people are forged these pictures.", "The Israelis never did this.", "Where is the evidence?", "This is an outrageous lie.", etc, etc... Please spare some time for yourself, because these excuses are not going to justify those horrible things what are on those pictures.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
1a) Offensive Content: ...You will not use images, avatars or link to images or domains that contain gore, mutilation,

[edit on 16-10-2009 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I Am Sick and Tired of people talking about the hamas rockets
what do you expect them to do?
just sit down and take the blockading of food and medical supplies?

If they smuggle in rockets, they can smuggle in food & medical supplies.

Israel are sick of hamas smuggling rockets that are being fired at them.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

And we're sick of your lies. Check the pictures above. You're supporting these murders. Hence, you're a senseless murderer too.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I'm surprised John, You're from England so you must remember the IRA and the atrocities they committed ?

So what was it that finally brought about peace, Was it missiles, Planes, Tanks and white phosphorous munitions and death and destruction ?

I know what the answer was, And I'm sure everyone else knows it too!!!

If people don't seek the path for peace, Then its not peace they are after.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
If they smuggle in rockets, they can smuggle in food & medical supplies.

Israel are sick of hamas smuggling rockets that are being fired at them.

That's your pathetic excuse for an answer?

Oh yes it's true israel is blocking food and medical supplies to them but hey, at least they can still smuggle it in.

That's your answer?
WOW

I guess this is it, you guys aren't able to defend the israeli govt.'s actions no more, and... you know it!

perhaps we have finallyyyy crossed a line
FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYY

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

You're supporting these murders. Hence, you're a senseless murderer too.

That has to be rated at one of the most stupidest comments ever on ATS.

Your link is obviously one-sided.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

For you, because you don't know the international law. That's a fact. Whoever is trying to cover up a crime, that one is become an partner in that crime. That's the international law. Here, you're trying to cover murders, the killing of innocents, hence you're a partner in these murders, regardless you pulled the trigger or not.

Oh, I forget the "one sided" from the upper mentioned excuses. Thanks for mentioned it.

Now I have a question. Can your degenerate kind do anything else, then mocking, when you're cornered? Definitely not. In 2009, with mocking, you can't win any debate.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Oh yes it's true israel is blocking food and medical supplies to them but hey, at least they can still smuggle it in.

You're confused between the causes and effects.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Actually... the more I hear about it, the more I believe that the only solution is to instantly vitrify the sands of Gaza.

They preach hate, speak hate, expound hate... and are always looking for a handout from the international community. They elect a government composed of terrorists and then bleat like sheep that the only thing that they have to show for it is more war and violence.

How did that phrase go?

"Dust off and nuke 'em from space, its the only way."

[edit on 16-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join