It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN vote sends Gaza war report to Security Council

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

The cause is the Israelis are Nazis and evil to the core. That's what their teachings are teaching to them. The cause is the Israelis are destroying houses, destroying an entire culture. And at the very end comes the effect which is: the Palestinians are shooting back as their houses are raised, their lands are taken and their culture is at the edge of extinction. So, you're the one sided.

As I stated above, covering up a crime is making you a partner in crime. International law. Study it a bit. You might need it in the future.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

Since there weren't any war crimes to cover up, your statement is invalid.

www.unwatch.org...

Mr. President, based on my knowledge and experience, I can say this: During Operation Cast Lead, the Israeli Defence Forces did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare.

Israel did so while facing an enemy that deliberately positioned its military capability behind the human shield of the civilian population.

Hamas, like Hizballah, are expert at driving the media agenda. Both will always have people ready to give interviews condemning Israeli forces for war crimes. They are adept at staging and distorting incidents.

The IDF faces a challenge that we British do not have to face to the same extent. It is the automatic, Pavlovian presumption by many in the international media, and international human rights groups, that the IDF are in the wrong, that they are abusing human rights.

The truth is that the IDF took extraordinary measures to give Gaza civilians notice of targeted areas, dropping over 2 million leaflets, and making over 100,000 phone calls. Many missions that could have taken out Hamas military capability were aborted to prevent civilian casualties. During the conflict, the IDF allowed huge amounts of humanitarian aid into Gaza. To deliver aid virtually into your enemy's hands is, to the military tactician, normally quite unthinkable. But the IDF took on those risks.

Despite all of this, of course innocent civilians were killed. War is chaos and full of mistakes. There have been mistakes by the British, American and other forces in Afghanistan and in Iraq, many of which can be put down to human error. But mistakes are not war crimes.

More than anything, the civilian casualties were a consequence of Hamas’ way of fighting. Hamas deliberately tried to sacrifice their own civilians.

Mr. President, Israel had no choice apart from defending its people, to stop Hamas from attacking them with rockets.

And I say this again: the IDF did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare.

You've too much anger, and you can't resist the ad-hominem attacks.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Since there weren't any war crimes to cover up, your statement is invalid.

Oh, my. Killing innocents is not a crime... what sort of pathetic creature are you? I hope the mirror spit into your face when you look into it.

Well, whatever. For you evil morons, it's not a crime. We know that. That's why you're evil and degenerate. But here is the newsflash. Your time is up and it's a crime. Get used to it, because all of you will be prosecuted for your crimes what you did against mankind.

You've too much anger

Another typical, but useless Zionist fight back when you can't fight in any debate and when you can't explain your lies anymore. But as I told you, spare this, because no one cares about it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

I suppose you'll never understand the concept of a human shield. With people like you around, the militant groups will continue to use this tactic over and over again!

It was fun reading your silly rants, but I have other more important matters to be attending to.

Think I'll go eat some kittens.... yum yum yum!!!! *evil grin!*

[edit on 16-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Happy about this.

I don't think much will come from it other than some harsh words which everyone will ignore. But at least it shows a move in opinion, at least it shows that some are willing to accept the truth and are no longer accepting of the propaganda spewed out by Israel.

What the pro-Israel (at all cost) crowd fail to see here is that both Hamas and Israel are being branded as war criminals here.

There is absolutely no doubt that Israel used White Phosphorous in built up areas, we've seen them do it, it was all over the news. What, Hamas did that themselves?

The pro-Israeli crowd will continuously use the old BS line of "anti-Semitism" because it's an easy shot. They think that by calling anyone who disagrees with Israel an anti-Semite they'll win any argument.
I'm afraid it doesn't work that way.

Israel committed war crimes, the world witnessed it, and no amount of denial by anyone, Israeli government or otherwise, will remove the facts from history.

Israel failed in controlling and manipulating the media coverage, they tried censorship and it didn't work. They tried to limit access but we could still see it going on.

They've tried denial over and over again, even when the entire world was pointing at the Gaza strip and saying "we can see what you are doing!"

This should be a lesson to all governments who pathetically supported Israel, they should have acted sooner. All responsible governments should have immediately removed any Israeli representatives from their shores in a mark of protest the moment the first shots were fired. We've done so in lesser cases.
The fact that neither Britain nor America took this action when it could have had an affect is embarrassing and shameful.

And, America and Israel suggesting this will hurt the peace process... what a f'ing joke!
So telling the truth and holding people accountable for war crimes will hurt the peace process, but Israel killing and maiming thousands of innocent people won't? It's a pathetic statement by pathetic governments who have no excuse for their actions or lack of action.

Rant over.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

i`ve allready showed that your repeated statement , with 1 photo , is a lie

the forces of the IDF used white phosphorus , in a shake and bake mission , against a hospital. this is in total breach of the CCWC and a war crime.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Human shield is an excuse, a fabricated lie, nothing more.

Don't worry. We, truth seekers are gathering info on global scale about the people whose are on their side. Those whose are covering crimes, killings will be prosecuted. And here is the sad news: you'll be prosecuted too. Thank you for your cooperation to proven evidence which side are you really on. You've just helped mankind to find one more on the planet.

Have a nice day. Enjoy your freedom while you can.

Harlequin. Leave him. The more he is stating, the more he is covering up, the more evidence we have against them. But they're too fool to recognize when they're falling into a trap. He is just playing onto our hands. The best is, while they're trying to cover their tracks, their pride is not letting them to keep their secrets. And they're telling them on forums world wide. But they lost already.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I would hate to imagine the numbers if IDF didnt take precautions to limit civilian casualties. What was the need for phosphorous bombs used against Palestine?
Here are the numbers that I dug up on this war ( I cannot validate that these numbers are correct however as I was not there)

These are the results of this awful war:

Palestinian victims, according to Gaza medics:
-- 1,205 killed, including:
-- 410 children (under 16)
-- 108 women
-- 113 elderly men
-- 14 medics
-- 4 journalists

-- 5,300 wounded

Israeli victims, according to medics:

-- 13 killed in combat and rocket attacks, including:
-- 10 soldiers (nine in combat, one in rocket attack)
-- three civilians in rocket attacks
-- dozens wounded

-- 2,500 targets hit by Israeli air force and navy inside Gaza, including:

-- four UN-run schools
-- a compound of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees
-- two media buildings
-- 16 medical centres
-- 16 ambulances

-- 778 rockets and mortars fired by Gaza militants into Israel, with most of the projectiles that landed inside the Jewish state hitting houses, but also hitting several schools and a kindergarten.

Damage in Gaza: (figures from Palestinian statistics bureau)

-- 475.9 million dollars of damage to infrastructure
-- 500 million dollars in estimated clean-up costs
-- 4,000 residential buildings destroyed
-- 16,000 residential buildings damaged
-- 1,500 commercial facilities damaged, including factories, shops, metal
workshops
-- 51 government buildings destroyed, including ministries and police
-- 18 schools and other education buildings
-- 20 mosques destroyed
-- 50 kilometres of roads destroyed.

AFP reported from Jerusalem

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

I couldn't resist seeing what you would reply.

*spits out the kittens paws*

Mmmmm tasty.......

..... I would hope you'd understand what is sarcasm and what isn't.

Hiding rockets inside mosques and homes is by itself using human shields. The list of examples goes on and on.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Blablabla. Your excuses are not going to help you. You can't explain this, so don't even try. You're already on the blacklist, mister. You may laugh, but I don't think so you're going to laugh in front of the international court next time.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

War isn't supposed to be fair. How about letting Japan nuke the US? Fair's fair isn't it!?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

And another primitive answer from you, where you're trying to cover the present crimes with the past. No one cares about the past, just the present. But please write more. At least I can expand your personal file a bit.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Well if that is the case Israel has no right to ever bring up the holocaust from WWII cause war is not supposed to be fair like you said.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

Wondering... shall I play along with your delusional fantasy?

Nah, I'll just leave you labelled as a downright ridiculous fellow/fellowess!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Please stay on topic and avoid discussing other members. We're talking about the subject UN vote sends Gaza war report to Security Council.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Actually those pictures what you censored was about that. The reason why the UN finally sent the Gaza War report to the Security Council. It was completely on topic and you censored it, while it didn't even violated any rules.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

These sort of people don't even understand that killing is bad.

You may want to pass your message on to the jihadists who would LOVE to separate your head from your neck....infidel

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Well so long as Col Richard Kemp says so it must be true. This was voted on by several countries and and won by 25-6, not 16-15. That is a pretty overwhelming majority vote.
Goldstone is one of the most pre-eminent practitioners of human rights. A former judge of the South African Constitutional Court, he served as the chief prosecutor of the United Nations International Criminal Tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda. And he is also a prominent Jew.

It is difficult to determin who is at fault and who is guilty. This is why we develop these world organizations such as the UN and put it to a vote to determin if there will be an investigation. I am sure there was just as much or more evidence to warrant an investigation as there was evidence presented arguing the opposite.

Goldstone Report:

"The Mission repeatedly sought to obtain the cooperation of the Government of Israel. After numerous attempts had failed, the Mission sought and obtained the assistance of the Government of Egypt to enable it to enter the Gaza Strip through the Rafah crossing."

What gives Israel the right to refuse to a UN investigation? What gives Israel the right to refuse IAEA inspectors when it is becoming quite suspicious that they may have nuclear weapons?

Goldstone Report:

"10. Subsequent to the public hearings in Geneva, the Mission was informed that a Palestinian participant, Mr. Muhammad Srour, had been detained by Israeli security forces when returning to the West Bank and became concerned that his detention may have been a consequence of his
appearance before the Mission. The Mission is in contact with him and continues to monitor developments."

Why is this man being kept in solitary confinement by Israel? He is a UN investigation witness against the defendant who is holding him?? From what I have read about this man is as follows:

" For more than 10 years Mohammad has been an activist for Palestinian human rights. During that time, he has been a leader in the Palestinian grassroots movement against the Wall that has swallowed up his community’s lands and livelihoods. He has embraced and advocated non violent means to effect change – a tactic that was instrumental in bringing about the end of apartheid in South Africa."

From Goldstone Report:

"19. The Mission conducted 188 individual interviews. It reviewed more than 300 reports, submissions and other documentation either researched of its own motion, received in reply to its call for submissions and notes verbales or provided during meetings or otherwise, amounting to
more than 10,000 pages, over 30 videos and 1,200 photographs.

20. By refusing to cooperate with the Mission, the Government of Israel prevented it from meeting Israeli government officials, but also from travelling to Israel to meet with Israeli victims and to the West Bank to meet with Palestinian Authority representatives and Palestinian
victims."

If you have nothing to hide why no cooperation in this investigation? If you were accused of something that were not guilty of would you not want to provide your own evidence as defense? Sounds suspicious to me just in the fact that Israel refuses to cooperate in the investigation. The investigation was on both parties, so it was a pretty easy decision considering Israel failed to cooperate in allowing investigators access to Israel.

I am only on page 20 of this 575 page report and from what I am reading so far it does not look good for Israel.

For anyone that has not read the report you can do so here.

www2.ohchr.org...

I think I will read the rest of this tonight.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by nepafogo]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join