It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheerleader gets neurological condition after flushot.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Cheerleader gets neurological condition after flushot.

www.nbcwashington.com

ASHBURN, Va. -- Desiree Jennings thought it would be a good idea to get the seasonal flu shot. Her job offered incentives for it, and she didn't want to get sick.

Ten days after she got the shot at a Reston Safeway, she did get sick.

"I got flu-like symptoms -- nausea, vomiting, body aches, fever -- then was lethargic for a week and started blacking out," said Jennings, an AOL employee and Washington Redskins ambassador hoping to one day be a cheerleader for the team, the Loudoun Times-Mirror reported.

Doctors couldn't figure out why her ability to speak and walk were so adversely
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I like how the Article says its a "one in a million" shot......

There are too many occurrences as such happening and the mother of my daughter WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME when I tell her not to bring her to get this shot...

I think I may have to call a lawyer about this.

THIS IS INSANE. PLEASE SHOW THIS VIDEO TO YOUR FRIENDS.... BETTER TO SCARE THEM THAN TO HAVE THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEM SHUT DOWN!!

www.nbcwashington.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-10-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Everyone who gets the flu shot is going to get sick. This is the first of Many cases.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The best part of the article is the end where she states she would have not gotten the shot if she knew the risk. So why didn't she know the risks, CDC?

The unstated mission of the CDC and FDA is to save as many Americans as possible during pandemics, even if it causes things like what happened to this woman. They are the ones to make the judgment that the consequences outweigh the risks. That's all great, but why are they not telling us about the risks? And in this case, the effects were apparent very quickly. What happens to our immune systems after a lifetime of tweaking it? The doctors admit they don't even know, but continue to recommend more and more.

Vaccines should be subject to the same warnings you see on TV when advertising prescription drugs. The CDC and health officials should not be able to recommend (or require) vaccinations unless they clearly inform people of the side effects and possible long-term effects at the same time of the recommendation.

And finally, they can no longer hide behind the false legal system they set up to deal with claims from vaccines (H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccines are included). This poor girl better get compensated, but they can hide it all in the "vaccine court" so that too many people don't get wind of it.

Keep pressure on MSM to come out with the truth, then let people decide for themselves.

-

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Such a beautiful woman with her whole life ahead of her. She had hopes and dreams. She gets a flu shot which seems to be kind of a routine thing and BAM this happens to her.

Horrible.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I doubt EVERYONE who gets the flu shot will get a bad outcome but One is Too many
my dilemma is avoiding telling people like her "I told You so Stupid Bitch!!!"
my sister vaccinated my nephew last week and his arm swolled up real bad and i didnt want to rub it in her face but still my mom didnt send my sister to school today because they were giving free vaccines at her school .......so its progress

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pay4dadro

She didn't know it would cause her to develop a sever neurological disorder. Not everyone is a member of ATS (or a conspiracy site) you know....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The bottom line is the odds are still higher you will die from the flu, then the flu shot. So if your a gambler, do what you have to do. Personally, I have not had a flu shot in a few years, caught the flu every time. The 2 years I did take it, I felt great all winter.

Reminds me to go get a flu shot.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There was another story about somebody coming to harm from flu vaccine that was on the board a few minutes ago. I tried to have a look only to receive a 404 message. Then the thread disappeared. Kapoof. Anyone know the source of the vanished story?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by mrwiffler]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
if this video doesn't scare the sheep then i think they are beyond helping..
some people are just so stupid they just cant be helped... p.s. has obamas children been given the flu vaccine?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
The bottom line is the odds are still higher you will die from the flu, then the flu shot. So if your a gambler, do what you have to do. Personally, I have not had a flu shot in a few years, caught the flu every time. The 2 years I did take it, I felt great all winter.

Reminds me to go get a flu shot.

I'm not sure about your calculus for the odds of dying from flu versus harm from the shot, however this is a common theme from people. I'm not attacking the logic, I would just like to see some science behind it.

Consider the fact that getting any flu shot does not guarrantee that you won't get flu...there are plenty of stories of that (but, few actual studies). There are plenty of new strains of virus that don't care about whatever was available at the time of making the vaccine. So why put yourself at risk of harm or death with a vaccine that may not even work?

Keeping 6 feet away from other people, covering coughs, and frequent hand-washing has been shown to be highly effective against ALL viruses. No untested vaccines are needed to do these 3 things. And if things get really contagious, I've got my NIOSH-approved face masks and won't be afraid to wear them in public (this is quite accepted in other countries).

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
Everyone who gets the flu shot is going to get sick. This is the first of Many cases.

Had my flu shot 8 days ago. I'll keep you posted if anything changes but sadly, so far, I still haven't had any reason to call in sick from work.

How long do you think I have before the inevitable end?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwerty123
And if things get really contagious, I've got my NIOSH-approved face masks and won't be afraid to wear them in public (this is quite accepted in other countries).

I've seen quite a few people in my town wearing them lately so I think it's getting more acceptable here too. (Or those people just don't care if it is or not, not that I fault them for that.) Momentarily confused me when I saw people wearing them before it finally clicked. What I found amusing though was someone actually wore one into a restaurant, took it off to eat, and then put it back on two nights ago. Like anything floating in the air was really going to leave him alone long enough for him to enjoy a steak dinner.
Those are only useful if you leave them on and in place the entire time you're out and about. If you're going to take it off or pull it away from your face at all when in crowded places then you might as well not even wear it since that defeats the purpose.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Although I agree with the OP, the post title does not match the article title....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
if people get flu like symptoms after getting a flu shot, it seems to me that doctors are actually injecting the flu virus into people..... you shouldnt get the flu from an ANTI shot

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wasn't it just a seonsal flu shot? That's what an identical article said yesterday about this same girl. This kinda stuff happens, however rarely and unfortunate, but people just love to associate it with the whole swin flue paranoia >_>

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
What I found amusing though was someone actually wore one into a restaurant, took it off to eat, and then put it back on two nights ago. Like anything floating in the air was really going to leave him alone long enough for him to enjoy a steak dinner.
Those are only useful if you leave them on and in place the entire time you're out and about. If you're going to take it off or pull it away from your face at all when in crowded places then you might as well not even wear it since that defeats the purpose.

Yeah, that's pretty funny and scary. And most people don't know that you have to be careful taking off masks after wearing them. You can't just grab the front and pull off, because you have to think of the outside as being contaminated with viruses picked up during the day.

The anti-contamination training I received working at a nuclear plant 20 years ago is coming in handy again....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420.
There are too many occurrences as such happening and the mother of my daughter WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME when I tell her not to bring her to get this shot...

That is seriously phucked up...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, we should have expected this, look at what happened in the 1970's, the vaccine was responsible for more problems than the flu itself!

Check this story out,
www.kerrydean.com...

There were reports of GBS affecting some people who had received swine flu immunizations in the 1976 U.S. outbreak of swine flu. Overall, there were about 500 cases of GBS—25 of which resulted in death from severe pulmonary complications— which, according to Dr. P. Haber, were probably caused by an immunopathological reaction to the 1976 swine flu vaccine. Other influenza vaccines have not been linked to GBS, though caution is advised for certain individuals, particularly those with a history of GBS.
[\ex]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by memarf1]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwerty123
Yeah, that's pretty funny and scary. And most people don't know that you have to be careful taking off masks after wearing them. You can't just grab the front and pull off, because you have to think of the outside as being contaminated with viruses picked up during the day.

Exactly. Don't want to just throw it on top of the trash afterwards either. Murphey's law says it will either fall off the top or something will get dropped in the trash that shouldn't be and you'll have to dig it out and will end up touching the mask. Put it in it's own trash bag or plastic bag from grocery shopping though and you don't have to worry about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join