It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where angels fear to tread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have been watching our war on terror since its' creation after the world trade centers attack. Without a doubt I found it horrifying and was stunned like the rest of the world. Yet as time progressed I noticed an amazing lack of any follow-up type attacks. Whils I am sure many threats have been avoided by the DHS, I cannot help but wonder why ANY other attacks have not taken place.

I am sure there are several ex-special forces types on this board, and I am sure many will be glad to tell you just how easy it is to devise a simple IED that will disrupt our daily routine. Yet nothing seems to be happening. While I am glad that we have not had any more attacks, I cannot see that our country is really doing all that it can to stop them.

If we look to other countries, especially ones with a violent past, such as Israel, we see that even with all of their precautions, and intensely small size, there are still numerous bombings that occur.

So what this brings to mind is,

1. Are we really as hated as TPTB want to suggest?

2. Was it really a terrorist plot that brought down the towers?

3. Are these terrorist groups as deadly as they are claimed to be?

4. Is our own government somehow knowledgeable, if not responsible for some of it?

5. Is there a conspiracy to bring into being a police state, with all powers coming from the executive branch?

6. Are there more attacks that are covered up to keep the public in the dark?

I would think that any terrorist organizations that are out there would be willing to create at least some form of havoc in our country to "terrorize' our nation. There are plenty of opportunities that have not been taken, and even a small attack would garner lots of attention.

If even our own environmental fringe can get away with it, through their games, why couldn't a determined group of "jihadists"?

To me something here is not right but I cannot put my finger on it. Perhaps I am just "out there". What do the ATS communities think?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So since there are no replies I assume that most here believe the government version of what happened. No one seems to find these anomalies unusual? No one has ever witnessed terrorism on the scale of some of our European or African friends? What a shame. I really thought we were more aware of the world than this. I think I will crawl back in my hole now.

reluctantpawn

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

I'm still trying to figure out what your thread title has to do with the actual content of your OP.

Plus there are approximately 45,732 threads exactly like yours but with more details and evidence. There is another 896,720,139 more threads that are similar to yours with less details and evidence. So your post is somewhere in the middle and unfortunately may not get much attention.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Very well written-S-F
I personally associate the beginning of the war on Terrorism with the Iranian Embassy take over but that is just my opinion. Make no mistake though, there is direct correlation with not only the terrorist themselves but also the actions that have fueled the fire so to speak.
1. I think we as Americans, or the civilized world for that matter or rich, however you want to put it are truly hated by many different groups throughout the world because we give hope(and food,money,dreams,etc.)to other developing countries and every individual who wakes up and yearns for the many things we take for granted.(Freedom, equality, healthcare, elections, womans rights,etc) No matter what there will always be someone who wants what we have but can't, therefore their only recourse is hate and jealousy.
2. Either way you lean on the substance of this question I believe it would be yes. If our government knew, than yes. If it was an extremist Muslim groups' answer to American Imperialism and Capitalism I would say yes.
3. I believe everyone has the potential to be dangerous in one way or another. Look at the Vietnamese and how they were able to use borders and recon to annihilate our troops in villages and ambushes, or a better example might be the Mujahideen defeating the Soviets(with M-16 and RPG's made in the USA).
4. I believe our whole way of life is responsible as well as certain "powercells" that have been in control of this country throughout it's short history. America itself creates a wake of greed and power every time we make any action. I am sure some administration or money baron along the way made moves trying to destabilize and defraud the citizens of the world out of their money and freedom. Certainly our CIA funding, training, and logistically supporting the Afgan Fighters helped design this situation and would have had to know that something like this could happen.
5. I would have to say the one important thing China has mastered is how to deal with population and dissidents and the steps we are trying to implement at the world level are all leaning to one giant machine in my opinion. The Chinese government controls the lives of their countrymen and if they deemed it necessary to kill 1,000,000 of it's own people believe me when I tell you they would do it without thinking twice.
6. I myself wondered about the plane that went down over the neighborhood in New York right after 9/11 around the time of the Richard Reid fiasco. I am sure if an attack happened that could be covered up would be but the recent discovery of these people that our government is selling fake bombs to and helping almost cultivate show their is at least some effort to do damage but honestly Americans, particularly parents have a tendency to panic about anything so I guess like you are saying it would seem pretty easy to disrupt the everyday lives of Americans. Look at what the razor blade in the apple tale did for fruit at Halloween. I think it is dumb we have agents that spend tax dollars building and suppling terrorists fake bombs so they can press a button and watch nothing happen, I mean wow talk about building a case, that's almost us creating the threat ourselves by offering these loons the option of taking the next step. It's like stacking the deck with terrorist threats.
I agree that this fire should just be stamped out but people forget that during WWII we used to have these things on our guns that were designed to rip the guts out of our enemies. War is not a pretty thing but until we start treating wars like what they are and actually fight to win them we will be burdened with this so called fear. It's like killing the flames of a fire but leaving the embers. I think it will come down to the eagle and the bear, but where is our preemptive nukes? I personally would rather give one than take one.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

Where I guess I am trying to go here, is why haven't we had more activity that is terrorist related than we have. It really does not take much in the form of communication or even intelligence to through a big wrench in the system of American security. One would think that there would be an exponential increase in the number of smaller scale attacks from some of these organizations. Certainly this groups have the intelligence needed to carry out these smaller attacks without having the government catch wind of them. In my opinion things are just way to quiet.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

didnt read all of it, but i can explain something. lets assume the government had knowledge, great. its essentially an FDR/pearl harbor move. its quite possible we had knowledge. but we did nothing to unite the people, and have an excuse for a war and assets. it back fired. lately all our plans have backfired. do i believe that it was a terrorist attack, yes. did we allow it to happen, definently. its like the plan to incite WW3. its quite entertaining. iranian attack on U.S. soil. international outcry will be so huge that itll incite another world war and cause mass destruction and chaos, but cause tremendous profits globally and stabilize everything. it goes hand in hand with the plan for a new american century, which essentially america having global dominance. its entertaining and quickly approaching. there is a real plan to incite WW3, the PNAC is real. look it up.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It seems we have a new enemy and it is us. Now it seems that war veterans, constitutionalists, and patriot groups are now on the possible terrorist watch list. Things that make you go hmmmmm. I still think there is something up but cannot place a finger on it. Why is there so much emphasis on preventing terrorist attacks and so few [none] attacks that happen in CONUS. Our security is not that good, and any good ex spec-op could cause grievous harm. So why couldn't your basic terrorist cell?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

new topics

top topics

join