It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 2009 Groom Lake photographs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
new hangar

triangular tower

I took these photographs on October 12th, 2009. The viewing conditions were very poor due to haze and the photography was difficult due to wind.

FWIW, Tikaboo Peak looks nothing like the old days. The bench made out of railroad ties has been ripped apart for years, but now the wooden ties are completely gone. I can't image they were burned for heat since the creosote would make burning them pretty unpleasant.

A new rock wall has been built. These structures are dubious at best, but I suppose if the wind was blowing in the right direction, the wall would be useful. There is so much trash on the peak that mice have returned. [I've long given up camping on the peak due to the rodent problem. Not only are rodents annoying, but they are snake food, and snakes are really annoying.] Most people camp at the last false summit.

I put a garden solar light on the peak a year ago. That seems to be history too. I liked looking at the light on the peak from the ground, but I guess somebody had other ideas.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
triangular tower

The link in the other post got truncated.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Well, let me be honest.

The pictures are not that impressive to me at all. I can see nothing that I couldn't see at any other base, just runways, roads, buildings, dirt, poles, lights, etcetera.

It IS cool that it's a secret site, but also, is this even legal?

And finally, your tale of camping nearby and what goes on there is really interesting and I'd like to hear more.

So I know that might be off topic, but that is what interests me about this thread.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
could u tell if you have seen anything unusual in your times there, and if u have been bothered by the security forces often?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Is there a way of embeding the pics on this thread? The link is blocked, lol using pc at work...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Really cool!!

But aren't pictures of military facilities prohibited because of national security?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

I think you would be hard pressed to find a military base with a mysterious free standing 170ft to 190ft triangular tower. Similarly, there aren't many bases with hangars big enough to build aircraft. The full duplex earth station is somewhat unique, but certainly not exclusive to Groom Lake.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryCat

Photography on base is restricted. Photography off base is free speech. The bill of rights is of no use unless you use the freedoms it provides.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ldkwraith

I provide my images without adverts. I get mighty cranky when someone uploads my photos, especially on websites that have ads. So the answer to embedding is no.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

the triangular tower link is gone.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
. [I've long given up camping on the peak due to the rodent problem. Not only are rodents annoying, but they are snake food, and snakes are really annoying.]

omg that made me laugh, damn annoying snakes! But anyways I don't really know what you mean when you say triangular tower, but can you prove to me that these buildings are new?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Interesting stuff as always. Wish you had an x-ray camera to see whats under the base. Watched another show on it last night that ended with "So, what REALLY goes on at Area 51?". Just gets tiring. We can forget trying to see anything of substance now that the whole world knows about it. It sure makes for a good diversion for the gov't.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

The building is new as of the past 2 years i think. If you go onto dreamlandresourt and compare images of the base it will become clear it is a new structure. Sometimes you have to do some leg work yourself

Thanks for the photos gariac. I really want to take a trip out to LA / Area 51 one day and its nice to be updated by people like yourself.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by ldkwraith

I provide my images without adverts. I get mighty cranky when someone uploads my photos, especially on websites that have ads. So the answer to embedding is no.

So you link them here and the only way to view them is to provide our IP address to the site / server that hosts the pics.

From the CGI (Computer Gateway Address) Environment Variables:

REMOTE_ADDR

The IP address of the remote host making the request.

All servers have access to this variable, which is passed in every web request for an image / page / whatever. That's why some people use proxy servers to surf.

At least here, we don't have to sweat anybody but ATS getting our IP address.

Its also interesting that you craft the links as if they appear to be just normal links so we don't get the warning about it being an off site image.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

Why yes of course, how else can they abduct us?

Just don't struggle during the DNA extraction process. If you hear them talking during the autopsy don't panic, it just means you are still alive!

I hate it when they start muttering about Klingon brain structures cause then you just know they have an eradication agenda in mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

You are free not to look at my images. You can also use a proxy service if you are afraid of your IP showing up in my server log. Obvisouly I don't "craft" the address. It is what it is. The forum provides a means for external links, with the keyword being external.

What is really entertaining is the people that ought to be concerned about showing up in my server log really don't give a hoot. For instance, SAIC is a frequent viewer of my website.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

I have a few old panoramas here you can use for comparison.
area 51 panorama (external link!!!)

You need some serious optics if you plan on looking at the base. Certain 15x or better binoc with either image stabalization or the kind that accept a tripod. You can forget about photography unless you bring a telescope. You need to get the equivalent of around 2500mm to being to photograph the base. That would be a reflector scope and say 2x telecoverter or a refractor telescope and Televue Powermate or equivalent barlow. The refractor scope works better, but is heavier to haul.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

The 2nd post has the corrected URL. You can see the "jpg" got truncated.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

The ground security forces never bother with Tikaboo. Hey, that would be exercise, and they rarely leave the truck. The Ghost Squadron helicopters will make an appearance at the peak, but not often.

I've only seen one test. It was done at night, so all I really saw was a solid white light fly over the runway at pretty low altitude. It was probably a UAV based on speed.

The players at the base are experts at hiding what they want to hide and exposing what they want to expose. For instance, they never tried to hide their SU-27 aircraft, even to the point where they flew one east of the base over the ET Highway between sessions of Red Flag, knowing damn well photographers were in the range.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Nice one Gariac,

Thanks once again for taking the effort to get these pics to us!

Shame about the mess up there, some people are just so ignorant!!

Cheers

Robbie

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join