It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 2009 Groom Lake photographs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stratsys-sws

I've often wondered about the people that throw cans in the fire. Like the can is going to burn up in the fire and there won't be a bigger mess?

I carried out a fair number of water bottles. No big deal since they are light. Cans have sharp edges, which is why nobody takes them out. My meals on the peak are just Clif bars and jerky.

Some people have taken to marking the trail with soda cans stuck on tree branches. It is somewhat effective. You really can't have too many markings on the trail. I didn't need to use my GPS in several years due to increased markings, though I carry it anyway. The trail is really getting worn, which is a good thing, but I don't see much photography on the net, probably due to a combination of expense and knowledge. I have a crude guide on how to shoot the base from Tikaboo:
telephotography (external link)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hi all,

Two thing that always interest me about photo's of Area 51, that no matter how old or recent or they are the place looks completely deserted. You never seem to see any signs of life. There are no cars or buggies taking people between buildings, no people walking about not a sausage. Its not exactly a small base so you would expect to see this.

The most activity I have seen is an old documentary showing a transport plane land there. I may have just not seen that many pictures or the ones taken might have been unlucky to have missed this. But is it just me that thinks that's a bit odd?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle456

It is kind of hard to see people from 26 miles away, though if I could see them, a few of them would be giving me the finger.

Regarding cars, you can see then driving around. Now that you mention it, there isn't all that much driving around the base, so in that respect it is not other military bases. In fact, you see more people driving around at the TTR than you do at Groom. This may be due to the compartmentalization. TD Barnes often mentioned having to hang out in the cafeteria when some other project was flying.

That said, I guess the ultimate job classification at Groom Lake would be Air Traffic Controller. I can't believe they would be told not to look at the aircraft on the ground.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

I haven't see any pictures guys! I am just a bit wondering why is that happened or is my connection has the problem.

Well, I actually looking for a Refracting Telescopes but it leads me to this forum and I was a bit wondering why people are following this thread.

telescope for sale

top topics

<< 1   >>

join