It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a scale from 0-100 how much do you trust the U.S government ??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

What would they have to do to regain your trust ??

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

LOL Im afraid we all know your a "government hater" no need to hide it. Judging by the responses on this post we all are.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

LOL Thanks for the input.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Enough said lol. Good answer.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

(I trust only in the F.B.I. completely.) Why is that ??

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Hahahaha we should all like print this out and mail it to them ; )

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Ok I understand, how much do you trust the government (the ones who make the big decisions) to look out for your freedom and best interest ??

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
50/100......Because I believe that about half of what we are told or see is true, we just like to exaggerate and blow things out of proportion to propagate conspiracies and take our anger out on the government, so we assume they are hiding something or being malevolent when in reality about half of what they say and do is factual and without any form of "insidious plans", it is not easy to run a country like ours, they make mistakes too you know.

BUT....The other 50% is the TRUE unknowns, the black projects, political corruption, self service, and ideological conspiracies (NWO, etc). So yea, I would say the 50% that is true is probably the government we see all the time, the "public government", while the other is the "shadow government", of course probably 40% or more of any real conspiracies and lies within the "public government" is due to their "strings being pulled" (regardless if they are aware of it or not) by the shadow.

I have noticed that a lot of members who have replied are just stating ridiculously low trust levels, I mean really, think about that, you are pretty much saying that EVERYTHING we see and hear is a lie, that is just not possible and is borderline ridiculous and paranoid to assume that. I am not defending some actions of the government by any means, I am just saying that in my opinion, in reality it is about 50/50, truth vs bs.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

LOL Thanks for the calculation. Good post.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh yes because this is such a perfect world.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by letspreadtruth]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Very interesting, Obama is losing trust day by day.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by letspreadtruth

Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well think about it, its interesting to know how many people have no trust in the U.S governemnt. It shows where this county is and where it may be going.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I agree, no one seems to know what freedom is.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
These people are far more than evil -- they are kidnapping, torturing, mass murdering, stealing criminal trash.

According to the hate-literature and indoctrinated and cultish "conspiracy-theory"-beliefs that propose that all authority is evil and all people who trust authority are "stupid sheeple" and they themselves "superior in knowledge".

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

Yes your right I should have.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You're making it too simple for reality.

The truth is that one's perception of the government in the broad sense is relative to one's tolerance to the action of the government.

For some these actions can be assumed, super-natural or even mythical with little or no tangible evidence outside of coincidence and conjecture.

For others watching a bunch of tanks roll on a man in a Idaho for whatever the reason is enough to draw a conclusion.

I dont claim to be "in the know" or suffer bouts of omniscience. I dont need to see or hear things from loons like Alex Jones about Bilderbergers or Zionists.

All I need to know is that my property is under perpetual threat of confiscation if I'm a dime short on a bill that is handed to me at gun point to come to my conclusion.

There is absolutely nothing to be trusted in any man or institution that wields that kind of power over my life. The best you can do is to hope it doesnt kill you or toss you in jail day after day because if it does there isnt anyone to rescue you.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Trust the U.S. Government to do what?

100% Trust that the U.S. Government will be inefficient.
100% Trust that the U.S. Government will be Self-Serving/Protectionist.
100% Trust that the U.S. Government will spend more money than they have.
100% Trust that the U.S. Government will spin rhetoric rather than tell it how it is.
90% Trust that the U.S. Government will put Corporate/Special/Lobbyist Interests before either the Interests of the Country or the People.
80% Trust that the U.S. Government will claim measures for Corporate/Special/Lobbyists Interests are for "National Security" or to "Protect the Children".
75% Trust that the U.S. Government has a Cumulative IQ in only the double-digits.
70% Trust that the U.S. Government is prone to Corruption.
60% Trust that the U.S. Government will go to War at any given time.
50% Trust that the U.S. Government will continue to spend more on Defense than all other expenditures combined.
40% Trust that the U.S. Government will actually disclose the truth (again, with 100% Trust that the disclosure will be spun).
30% Trust that the U.S. Government will knowingly and willingly put people in harm's way.
28% Trust that the U.S. Government is actually in Session (as they are in Session on 28% of the time).
10% Trust that the U.S. Government knows what the other hand is doing.
0% Trust that the U.S. Government will ever apologize for anything it has done wrong.

Now, as far as individual Government Agencies:

100% Trust in the GAO to be equally boring as they are trustworthy and as they are powerless to do anything about any wrong-doing they uncover.

100% Trust in the S.E.C. to be the only Government Agency to give an unbiased smack-down to any Corporation committing wrong-doing without care or concern who paid how much to who's political campaign.

100% Trust in the F.B.I. to want to be the good cop with well-intentions, but willing to justify the means with the end, even if that makes them morally just as bad as the criminals they go after.

100% Trust in the C.I.A. to not care about any stinkin' laws.

100% Trust in the N.S.A. not to care about what the people, Congress, or the President think, and certainly not let any of them know anything about what they do because Truman made them answerable to no one.

50% Trust in the State Department to keep it's head buried in the sand.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I have never trusted the government much. Since 1993, I trust it less. There may be a couple of people in the government that are genuinely trying to do what is right, but most are just trying to rush towards the power grab. That's all.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
To base an answer on what we see here and in the news would be completely foolish. Here and in the news we only see the bad side of everything.

I'd imagine many if not most in government are good, decent people and victims just like the rest of us. To label everyone who serves in an elected office is so wrong minded it is equivalent to slander.

The dark side of this is if the good people in government are painted with a broad brush due to things out of their control, done by others; it will drive decent people away from serving us.

All of those who serve that we never hear about are unknown because they don't do things wrong enough to get into the news.

To hate everyone in government because of the few really bad people serving is tantamount to hating a person simply because of the color of their skin or their ethnicity.

Look at recent elections and how we now have evil people openly attacking candidates children. It's like a disease. Attempting to destroy a persons family simply because you do not agree with their politics fits into the category of evil.

If pushed for a number I'd bet 9 out of 10 people in government are no different than any of us and to hate them is so wrong its hard to find words to describe it.

I truly hate the fact that ATS is becoming too much like sites where the truly sick in society hang out like the Daily Kos and others. The hatred and bigotry completely overshadow any positive aspects of what could be valuable debate.

Threads like this one are meaningless tools for people to spread their hate. They serve no purpose. They spread hate to others. They are exactly like the hate spread by the MSM and ironically those spreading the hate actually criticize the media for doing the exact same thing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join