It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a scale from 0-100 how much do you trust the U.S government ??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I trust them not at all to be truthful.

I trust them 100 % to look out for their own or their party's interests first and foremost.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

or it shows a long history of corruption in Washington that people are displeased with.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth
0 obviously being not trusting 100 obviously being trusting. Also any specific reason to the number you gave ??

Because, the Government lies, all the damn time.

Propaganda

Because the Government does nasty stuff to the people, all the damn time.

Black bag, black box operations, and black programs

Because the Government bypasses the people, all the damn time.

COINTELPRO, Project Megiddo, the M.I.A.C. Report

Because the Government is made up of crooks, all the damn time.

Too many names to name...

Because the Government uses terror as a weapon, all the damn time.

Too many instances...

There is no chance of redemption in my eyes for the U.S. Federal Government.

Never.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
About 30, I don't trust much of what they say nowadays!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

0 obviously being not trusting 100 obviously being trusting. Also any specific reason to the number you gave ??

With mysterious folks chasing me around and nothing about it on the news.. my answer is zero.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Negative zero.

Northwoods, jfk, fed, free energy, ufos, 9/11, tonkin, iraq, afghanistan, kenya, bush and his centralised 'vote routing', uss liberty, spiritualistic natural substances, msm, bailouts, pork bills, petrol + wheels for over 100 years, hemp, patriot act(s) and lastly: hope and change.

Sums it up from the top of my head at 2am...

edit to add: 'war on terror' I think says it all... a war on fear? Would make a good joke, too bad a million Iraqis won't find it funny.

edit2:

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Almost all posters saying ZERO on a scale from 1-100 displays the agressive irrationality of the Government-haters around here.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

The title of the thread clearly states 0-100... I have no respect for the US govt, as they have shown no respect to people of other nations like Iraq and Afghanistan.

[edit on 15/10/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Almost all posters saying ZERO on a scale from 1-100 displays the agressive irrationality of the Government-haters around here.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

I would not say that the posters are agressively irrational government haters. I don't hate the government, nor do I trust them. A government needs to uphold on the unspoken social contract that they have between themselves and the people who they make laws for. When they turn around and follow a different set of rules, or adjust the rules to suit their purposes, call and insult the people they are sworn to lead, kind of makes you wonder. Let me ask you this, if they were your employees, what would you have done by now? Myself if they were my employees, I would have written them up, and then terminated them and hired new people. The rules for being a leader has not changed, and the people in the federal government should not forget that. You can not turn around and say yes we protect and follow the constitution, then turn around and violate said document, as they have currently done. Such as put out that if you disagree with the policies of the current adminstration, you are a racist? Or call its general populace and constituants stupid and not knowing what they need? Or turn around and violate the rights that we are guarnanteed by law, even to the point of where the surpreme court has to determine if it is correct or not? We broke away from Great Britan for the violation of basic human rights, and created a government of for and by the people, and when that government ceases to represent all of the people then it takes the risk of becoming a tyranny rather than a demoncracy. When the laws that are enacted violate commen sense, then it is time for all of us to go back to the polls and remove those in office and get someone in who speaks for all of the people, rather than a few.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I trust them as much as I trust the government. Whoops. My bad.

Trust meter will be at negative.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart

"Aggressive irrationality?"

Well, can you blame us?

I mean, look at the facts:

Politics has been completely co-opted by TPB.

TPB own the money that we are forced to use.

We have NO voice in the media anywhere.

We have NO justice in the damn courts.

"Government" is totally unresponsive to our needs and wants.

The super-rich don't give a damn -- they benefit from the fascistic largess.

Our votes are not counted, mis-counted and handled by private firms.

We have NO avenues for legit redress of our grievances.

We are taxed to death.

We are beat on by the cops viciously.

We face propaganda everywhere.

We are watched everywhere.

We are spied on everywhere.

We have been ripped off, blind economically, financially and spiritually.

They have outsourced our jobs, destroyed our industrial base, killed our towns.

They have lied to us over and over and OVER AND OVER.

We have been f***d over by GATT, NAFTA, WTO and so on.

Ad infinitum ... so how in the hell can anyone expect a SHRED of trust from us? How?

Nah, zero degrees Kelvin is my measure of "trust" that I have in the gov't.

F-em.

I wish I could give this post 100 stars.

This government is intentionally destroying our country. The corruption resulting from the international concentration of political power will be worse than anything we have seen thus far in history.

I believe we are only a heartbeat away from joe & jane sixpack waking up. When they realize our country is destroyed and their standard of living is gone forever, the fuze to revolution will be lit.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Overall I give them a 95...

in trusting that they will invariably screw up whatever they touch
in trusting the people who won't benefit from their actions is the public
in trusting that they have absolutely no clue what they are doing.
in trusting that no matter who's in office/power they will keep screwing the people over.

Is that enough on the right side of 50 to make me not some "irrational government hater" or whatever the quote is?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Lol Isn't it obvious. 0

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
"we the people" and for most of you I say 0. But the gov. isnt going to throw its most valuable asset, us, under the bus.I dont trust them, but I dont trust another gov. more.. on a scale of lesser evi;s, I trust the US the most.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What people forget is there is no separation between the people and the government... there would be if we were occupied but we aren't... so the bottom line is if you ask how much do you trust the government what you are really asking is how much do you trust the people.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

this a trick question..??

i would rather bend over i front of ossama bin hardon than trust the yanks and he hasnt seen a white @ss in 20 years living in that cave.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I trust only they can't be trusted.

zero. zip. nada.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The population of the U.S. in the red.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I trust the UNITED STATES GOV. as much as they trust me.

link   
I trust the UNITED STATES GOV. as much as they trust me.

link   
U.S. Government: 10% (I trust only in the F.B.I. completely.). But if this question can't be connected to gov organizations, in this case, it's 0%.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
-1 million, because - they controll - left and right -
so how can anyone trust your friend is your enemy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join