It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a scale from 0-100 how much do you trust the U.S government ??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth
0 obviously being not trusting 100 obviously being trusting. Also any specific reason to the number you gave ??

I trust it or them about at a zero...or in other words...about as far as I can spit...

to many years of seeing how people get screwed tends to make a person very leary of what they do and how they do it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I would say -0. Can I do that?!?!
Now the PTB know how we feel!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I give the US Gov a 100.

I KNOW for a FACT they are LYING. So i "Trust" that.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is a tough question. Why? Well, there are MANY different government bodies.

I deal with my local government and they are actually quite straight up. Then we get to the state level where we begin to see meddling in the public lives of it's 'citizens'.

Then we get to the federal level and all hell breaks loose.

So at this time, with all the lobbyists and money floating around buying laws right now, I would have to say I'm at around a 35.

It's still low and pretty bad but it could be MUCH worse.

I'm just sick of the corruption.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow
U.S. Government: 10% (I trust only in the F.B.I. completely.).

This is a joke or sarcasm .... right?

If not, how would you describe the FBI's performance (non-performance?) during the 1993 WTC bombing? You do know they had an inside man in the 'terrorist' group and -- having foreknowledge -- they let the bombing go forward?

Perhaps you can explain why the FBI backed off after discovering CIA narcotics smuggling operations?

Perhaps you can explain the FBI seizing and impounding numerous vids of the events surrounding 9/11 at the pentagon?

Perhaps you can explain why the FBI failed to prosecute nearly overt Israeli and Turkish spy rings and the traitors in the US government that were working with them?

Perhaps you can explain ........

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I give the US Gov a 100.

I KNOW for a FACT they are LYING. So i "Trust" that.

Just WOW!!

I hate to admit it, but I agree.

I also agree with KSPigpen.

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Not quite zero...but pretty darn close.

They lie and rob and kill...and put me in trouble if I do it.

How about I assign a letter to it.
Z for zero!!

[edit on 10/15/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by praxis

Yup. I can explain. In the last years only the F.B.I. was the only government agency which did something against the corruption. Unlike other federal organizations they're fighting against criminals and made great arrests after 9/11 (Israeli spies for example.). They're also fighting against the Zionists, made great arrests between their lines. I trust in them.

The prosecution is not the F.B.I.s authority. It's not their fault the prosecutions never happened. But at least they did something to stop the spies on U.S. soil. They also arrested rabbis and other people whose were in the human organ and body part trading mafia, regardless from the great whining of the Zionists. The F.B.I. is doing their job. They're the most efficient in the U.S. Unfortunately prosecution is not in their hand. That's the Department of Justice. If it would be in their hand, the U.S. would be much-much safer from spies and other people whose are making harm on the U.S. soil. Although not the F.B.I. took the footage and records away from 911, rather the N.S.A.

The F.B.I. is fighting against corruption on the best way as they can. They're the only patriot organization which may left in the U.S.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
your government is represented by the scorpion.

you yanks are the big cuddly bears.

a scorpion and a bear meet up at a river crossing one day.

the bear says to the scorpoin its deep isnt it .. to which the scorpoin replies yes and i cannot swim.

the bear says i will carry you across but how do i know you wont sting me to which the scorpion replied you will just have to trust me.

so the bear carries the scorpion across the river.

when they arrive on the other side the scorpion promptly stings the bear who as he is dying asks why.

the scorpion replied because its in my nature.

you carry your scorpions and 911 is what they do to you.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
like most here....zero or below is my level of trust for anything to do with any level of government.......from city councils on up the whole lot are a corrupt, inept bunch of fools........

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Although not the F.B.I. took the footage and records away from 911, rather the N.S.A.

The people who had their recording taken on 9/11 report that the FBI took the videos.

The F.B.I. is fighting against corruption on the best way as they can. They're the only patriot organization which may left in the U.S.

The FBI are encountering a mountain of government criminal activity, but they just pass on doing anything about it. With 'patriots' like these, who needs al quaida?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
-10... Ya thats a negative 10 for my trust level.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Please don't use the words trust and US Government in the same sentence.
It causes me to convulse.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I be trustin that Nazi Palooza abouts 100 percents.

Now where's my free shizzle?

More seriously, I actually used a calculation:

435 Representatives, of which, I trust one (Ron Paul) so that would be about:

1 / 435 = 0.0023 = 0.23%

And the reps compose 1/2 of the congress which is 1/3 of the government (at least it’s supposed to be one branch out of the three branches, but one could argue that Executive Orders and Legislation via the Judiciary dilute their power even further) ….so…. we’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and go with 1/3:

0.23 % * 0.5 * 0.333 = 0.0383 %

Since the OP seems to be asking for an integer, my answer should be zero…. But I’m going to have to say ONE, just so that we don’t forget that there is at least one person in the government who is fighting for the constitution and common sense.

Go Ron Paul!!!! (we haven’t seen that in a while…. I miss it!)

[corrected typo]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

That's about as low a score as I can give it. I do think most of our representatives are generally well-intentioned, at least early in their careers, but the size of the government's reach has grown so large that we're well past the point where anyone is able to truly understand how the whole mess works and how the various programs and agencies interact with each other and the public. The result is the general level of government incompetence we've seen the last few decades, not even taking into account the massive corruption that compounds the problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

But you just did.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

*rubbing my eyes* Say what?

Does the name Sibel Edmonds mean anything to you and the FBI?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
absolute ZERO!!!!!!! There is Nothing our government has done that I agree with. None of our elected officals give a crap what the people want.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart

Originally posted by spinkyboo

But you just did.

Right - and it was worth the convulsing to make my point.
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.
But never again.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The US govt is complicit in plans to maim, kill and enslave its own citizens and as much of the rest of the world as possible.

It can be trusted to act in its own self interest, and work for the globalists who own it.

Therefore I trust it 100% to be a pit of vipers.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's a sad state of affairs but other than close family, I don't trust anyone. I'm really not looking down my nose at anybody either, it has just become the norm to lie. In many cases when the truth would do just as well. -Madness

The government? Maybe 20% just because they mess up and let the truth slip sometimes and there are some who will tell the truth if they think it will help them/screw somebody else.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join