It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a scale from 0-100 how much do you trust the U.S government ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

LOL Go as negative as you need to.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Executive Branch - 90% trust that it will do what it needs to do achieve its goals worldwide, 10% will be left to those in lower level positions that are doing right by the people.

Legislative Branch - 90% trust that the members will do what they need to do to keep their job and their power, 10% will be left over lip service to the people.

Judiciary Branch - 85% trust that the judges are agenda driven, including attempting to make law rather than judge constitutionality of it and 15% left undetermined at this time.

ETA: I couldn't pick a single number

[edit on 15-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hahahahaha, can you believe the highest answer ive gotten so far is 3. That says a lot about where the government stands with the American people.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Not at all. The government does not know what the truth is even if the truth jumped up and bit them on there butts. If you truly believe that the government will come to your aid you are a fool!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I agree, theres a part we have to play in all of this, we need to hold the government accountable.

How can we get our rights back and get rid of the patriot act ??

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth

How can we get our rights back and get rid of the patriot act ??

Start a war.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Yes you are correct, most have their own agendas and we are not the ones benefiting.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Do you sense one comming ??

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Okay so you are very trusting of the government, before our answer the highest I got was 3. What would the government have to do to lose your trust ??

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Do you sense one comming ??

Don't you?

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

[edit on 15-10-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Okay so you are very trusting of the government, before our answer the highest I got was 3. What would the government have to do to lose your trust ??

Read it again - I definitely trust them to follow their agenda, which so far, has been shown to not be in the best interest of the people of this country...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Ehh well its hard to say to be honest, I think more and more people are catching on but will they catch on fast enough ?? You say we need a war, maybe we do, I cannot disagree but I also think the unity of the American people will play a huge role in something like that.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Okay I think I get where your comming from. Do you trust them to do whats wrong or whats right for the American people. To me it seems you trust them to do wrong. Am I catching on lol

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Ehh well its hard to say to be honest, I think more and more people are catching on but will they catch on fast enough ?? You say we need a war, maybe we do, I cannot disagree but I also think the unity of the American people will play a huge role in something like that.

You're right we probably need to bring down the central bank in order to wake people up.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Well im not sure how that would work but I know that people that are being lied to by the MSM, people that are working, taking care of their children and just getting by living paycheck to pay check need to be bought to truth. Getting this country back on the ideals it was built on is going to be a task that is going to take a lot of people who truly believe in freedom.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Getting this country back on the ideals it was built on is going to be a task that is going to take a lot of people who truly believe in freedom.

It will require the complete failure of the 3rd bank of the U.S.

It should take 2 more years for the depression to run it's course.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm with some of the other posters. The patriot act was the last straw for me. Patriot my butt. I'm below zero also.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Why do you think that, id love to hear more about your idea.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
You are kidding right? My trust in the government is absolute 0. I do not trust them at all.
What they would have to do to get my trust back or even a shred of such, is the following:
1) Be accountable for what they do.
2) Tell the truth.
3) Represent all of the people.
4) Kick all Lobbiest out of Washington DC
5) Write the laws where a person do not have to have a law degree to understand.
6) Answer to the people when they ask questions. This is the first adminstration where you can ask questions and if it is not what they want to hear, they do not answer or even give the semblence of answering. All other adminstrations that I have written to, I at least got a letter, even if it was a form letter, but still it was something.
7) Go through, clean house and any politician or individual that revieces federal money that is found to be corrupt, well that person needs to go to jail for violating the public trust.
8) And finally, any business who had production outside of the country needs to have a higher tax on its goods than those inside of the country, cause without business, there is no economy to keep the country going.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by sdcigarpig]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Some people are still blind to the patriot act, its sad to see. People are being lied to beyond belief and they dont have the slighest idea. Thats why I think step one to getting our freedom and rights back is spreading the word.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join