It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camcorder for ufo/ghost hunting help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
i think i posted my first post in the wrong topic but i will come here to ask for help since im really not getting any. its a simple question on my options for a camcorder any help would be greatly appreciated so im not wasting my $

MY ORIGINAL QUESTION

I know theres already threads on which is the best for this but most are unanswered and im wondering if any of the newer camcorders are worth buying for this specific use of ghost/UFO hunting especially in the night. Heres some links of the newest equipment please share your thought on them if you have any knowledge to spare about this topic as i would like to invest in getting one im by no means rich and could use some input on this. Most im looking to spend is $400 on one

www.newegg.com...

www.walmart.com...

[edit on 14-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

[edit on 14-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Well...A basic camcorder may not work well, especially if you are planning to work during the night. You will need either a night vision equiped camcorder or thermal imaging camera for best results.

This camera here: www.videomaker.com... would be great for UFO/Ghost hunting, however, exceeds your budget.

I recently participated in a thread discussion here: www.abovetopsecret.com... that has information on equipment and tips and techniques for ghost hunting.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I suppose one of the things would be not just one camcorder, but two, standard visual and one set up perhaps for IR

AND A TRIPOD!!!
There's enough shaky footage out there!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
yeah was hoping for just one and at a resonable price within my budget im broke and out of work so cant go extreme thought sonys newer products might have been good but guess not

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sony-Xray. They are cheap but you have to mod them yourself. I got a camera that films great at night for only 40 bucks and an hour worth of work to mod it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
what do you have to do to mod it? can you provide a link to the cam please?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

www.kaya-optics.com...

They have a lot of info on it. You don't need any filters because the nightshot has adjustable exposure. I can find a site for how to mod it but if you get an old sony nightshot I could walk ya through it by email.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Check on the Kodak Zi8 hd camcorder.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
most cameras have awful capture in dark environments so best research things that are reviewed as good in darker environments.

top topics

join