It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting of Prominent IMF Economist Baffles Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Source : ABC 7 News

BETHESDA, Md. - Police are still looking for clues after a prominent economist was shot in the garage of his upscale home.

Ashoka Mody has been identified in an email to his fellow employees at the International Monetary Fund as the man shot Thursday night around 7:30 in his Bethesda garage in the 6800 block of Millwood Road

Mody is currently the assistant director in the European department and an expert in economic development and international finance.

I apologize if this has already been posted or if I have put this in the wrong place.

Apparently a masked man in dark clothing was hiding in his garage and shot him before he could get out of his car.

This appears to be the Mody's web page.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by AmethystSD]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by AmethystSD]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well if the police dont find signs of forced entry to the home itself or burglery tools i would suspect a targeted killing.A Man in his position was bound to be privy to some important economic info coming down the pike that someone didnt like him having.He didnt even have a chance to get out of his car?Im suspicious.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And cue....Ben Fulford...

Maybe he was assasinated by the ninjas...

Hmmm...May..be...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is a Fox 5 report,
www.myfoxdc.com... there is a website that carries many 'phone numbers and addresses of people, and at least one of these may be an associate of the victim.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This thread came to mind when I read the OP.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Interesting, stories like this are why I come to ATS. Even with the Global Meltdown going on something like this would be relegated to local coverage at best.

Given his position at the IMF I'd say anything is possible. Of course it could be random MD/DC area violence, but I rather doubt it. The source article seems to rule out robbery as a motive, but it's still quite early to tell.

Just to throw a little wild-assed speculation out here:

Perhaps his position in the IMF makes him privilege to information that us mere mortals can only speculate about regarding a new Reserve Currency, upcoming bank failures, sovereign default, gold reserve sales, or a myriad of other issues, and his loyalty was in question.

One critically wounded economist does not a pattern make though. I'll definately be on the lookout for this happening to other economists associated with institutions like the IMF and World Bank in the near future though.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If you only read through the first couple lines of the link I posted, you wont understand the significance. The letter in the linked OP talks about killing prominent lavish members of society, those living in "mansions". Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Some may consider this post off-topic.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here is a link to some of his academic papers.

National Bureau of Economc Research

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This thread came to mind when reading this.

Another targeted killing by some wacko taking matters into their own hands?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, from what I was able to find via google, he seems to be in critical condition at the hospital. So, if it was done by a hit man then someone is not going to get paid. I agree though, that it does not sound like an attempted robbery. What robber shoots someone before they can get out of the car? From witness accounts, it sounds like his wife was at home? She described the gunman in one of the articles.

He's originally from India, and apparently moved more recently from Japan. That made me think of Fulford and his ninjas too. I haven't found anything yet to indicate that this guy would make a good target for ninjas, other than the fact that he works for the IMF.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'll dig into it. I know some at the IMF, see what they're hearing.

In the meantime, keep a watch out for these names as well. This is likely random hold up gone bad, but you never know.

top topics

join