It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
does anyone know some history of the Illuminati, as in
how old the secret society is and so on?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There is a whole thread here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Another good resource is freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is the book to buy, heavy going but months of insightful writings and when expanded by further reasearch provides even more questions and answers.
aobs-store.com...

There is no other reference thats compares to this book, pretty much all other writings are a subset of it on this subject.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
This is the book to buy, heavy going but months of insightful writings and when expanded by further reasearch provides even more questions and answers.
aobs-store.com...

There is no other reference thats compares to this book, pretty much all other writings are a subset of it on this subject.

It is nice to know the Mr. Necros will always follow orders.

If you'd like to read about the real story, rather than the ramblings of a hate-filled and misguided Jesuit yearning for the days before intellectual freedom, why not look at this page.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I doubt that anyone who has actually read "Memoirs Illustrating The History of Jacobinism" would describe Abbe Barruel as either "hate filled" or anti-intellectual.
He is of course anti-Illuminist.
I was astonished, even impressed at the depth of understanding of the human condition that Barruel displays in his work, albeit in a very dry methodical way.
Having said that I am reading an English translation.

I am always surprised at the way in which Freemasonry shields the Illuminati (who apparently don't exist...once you have managed to get them to drop the BS about the ancient Greek society and the Spanish group of vaguely similar names.)

I generally try not to mix discussions on Illuminism with Freemasonry because unlike the latter my knowledge of the Illuminati is purely research based.

As described in the initial posting, the point is that there is very little to no additional historical material available on the Illuminati that is not contained in the 1000+ pages of this book, just a handful of minor claims of inconsistency of records, some may be correct, but none are overly conclusive or wide reaching.

To ignore this book would be to limit yourself to less than 100 pages of accounts from scattered sources.

The reason I have started posting in this forum is to find more info on the Illuminati but strangely every time I get involved in a thread the matter turns to Freemasonry.

What have the two of them got in common I (genuinely) wonder?
The least conspiratorial theory is that they were (and still are) deeply embarrassed about the whole affair that despite all sorts of colorful, romanticized and (literally) fictional writings on the period was undeniably France�s darkest hour.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Just to be clear, if I am "shielding" anything, I am "shielding" the honour of an historical society which no longer exists. Does that make it clear for you, Mr. Necros? The Illuminati did indeed exist at one time, and they were good, decent men with good, decent goals. Presently, they do not exist.
I hope (against hope, I have no doubt) that that clarifies my views for you.

top topics

join