It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice UFO photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
www.ufocasebook.com...

An impressive UFO was photographed at night in Valparaiso, Chile. The UFO was photographed by a journalist of "Mercury of Valparaiso" from the hill Wide Beach and constitutes a recent series of sighting of UFOS in the central zone of country. Chilean photographer Manuel Aguirre said that he crossed the city with his family, about the 19.30. He took various photos from the Emerald and at the moment he did not discover anything strange. Soon their photos showed an incredible object in the typical form of a flying subject of gossip.

***Ufologist Rodrigo Fuenzalida to visit Valparaiso to conduct research.**** ***UFO experts will arrive in Valaparaiso to study a series of claims involving UFOs in our region*** According to Andr?s Rives, a UFO imagery expert and computer operator for a major local organization, the image taken by photojournalist Manuel Aguirre "is not the reflection of some object. I dismiss the possibility of any light effect or reflection. It is an independent source of light." The expert said that we are facing something very strange and intriguing. "It appears to be a distant nocturnal light (NL). Upon cleaning it with computer filters, the lights stand out. By manipulating the photo a little, we realize that the object has a rhomboidal shape. Objects like this have been seen in Russia, Mexico and the USA." Interest in the photographs published by "El Mercurio de Valaparaiso" this week, showing an alleged UFO in the hills, is still evidenced by ufologists. Christian Riffo, president of OVNIVISION, stated yesterday that the images "were amazing" and that we were facing a major news story. He said that research will continue on the photos obtained by photojournalist Manuel Aguirre in order to discard any light effect or the accidental effect of the camera flash employed to photograph "the spaceship". TVN's morning program--"Buenos dias a todos"--hosted Rodrigo Fuenzalida, sociologist and director of the Ufological Investigations Group (AION, in Spanish), who presented this case to the country, arousing the curiosity of the show's staff. The expert stated that the alleged UFO is not a "light reflection" or the reflection of a luminous object. "In conversation with the photo editor and the protagonist himself, the possibility of manipulation as part of a hoax has been dismissed. However, the theory of a lens flare or a possible reflection of some source of light was discussed." "The problem," he continued, "arises when we search for luminous sources in a manner symmetrical to the alleged UFO. But we beleive that the contribution of researching the site where the events occurred will shed more definite light on this new ufological problem," said Fuenzalida at his website, www.aion.cl. AION's leader shall travel to Valparaiso tomorrow with his team to investigate the event "on site". The ufologist explained that engineers and designers with the GraphMedia corporation have made some approximations to the phenomenon using computer filters, generating interesting data on the body in question." The sequence of filters created by engineer Miguel Cueto contribute some interesting information: they show a body that does not resemble any of the structures that exist in the area.

www.hbccufo.org...

wow this looks like a really GOOD UFO pic

what do you think about this pic?

thanx

[edit on 13-10-2009 by deejayiwan]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The picture in the link above states "Valpara, Mexico". The article states "Valparaiso, Chile".

Have you even read at all the story? Can you please make sure you post something worth watching/reading? Sorry, but there clearly is something wrong there... Please update/fix.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Apart from the objections posted about the stated location of said photo ... all I saw was a very nice photo of a city. Where exactly is the unidentified smudge?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
Apart from the objections posted about the stated location of said photo ... all I saw was a very nice photo of a city. Where exactly is the unidentified smudge?

me 2, am slightly confused here. As the above previous post mentioned, perhaps a fix/edit of original post is in order.

edit : Okay now i undersatnd this is your linked image

[edit on 13-10-2009 by tristar]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
post fixed...

also, it seems that other strange stuff i hapening in this city

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

I wonder how far away that is from these events.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Would the UFO here be the U-shaped lights approximately in the centre? Or the other blip to the right?

I've heard of that city before. It's a bit of a hot spot for UFO activity.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing

Here, can be find an uncropped, relatively good resolution of one of the images in question:
img.lasegunda.com...

I've also found an article titled:
UFO in Valparaiso explained:
It was lens flares

Research conducted by the research group on UFOs of Chile (AION) on photographs taken by a photojournalist in Valparaiso, resulted in the sequence of reflections that were mistaken for a flying saucer.

15/10/2004 - Surprising alleged UFO sighting in Valparaiso

SANTIAGO, October 23, 2004 .- After having met with the author of the photographs taken on Sunday 10 October at Paseo 21 de Mayo in this city, and replicate exactly, under the same conditions of time, location, camera used and its accessories, the research group on UFOs of Chile (AION) stated confidently that the so-called "UFO" of Valparaiso was just an unfortunate sequence of reflections. To verify the data, held a meeting on Thursday 14 October with the photographer for the newspaper El Mercurio of Valparaiso, Manuel Aguirre, author of the record and then viewing them on a computer screen for more than 20 minutes noticed a small lights that look in the first three sequences taken. This heightened the doubts about the real presence of this phenomenon on the hills of Viña del Mar (New Aurora sector altitude, it was claimed) but rather is beginning to confirm the interpretation of it as a reflected light effect.

"We arrived at 20 hours 21 de Mayo de Valparaíso to start the photo shoot under the original condition, ie, the same camera and its accessories (lenses and objectives), the same location, time (20.26 and 20.27 hrs .) and pan-sector (Ship Esmeralda located in the Molo de Abrigo). "commented a researcher of the group.

"After taking the first images fully confirmed our original suspicions. Magically appeared a "flotilla" of UFOs in the vicinity of the area concerned. Everything indicated that the publicized pictures were just what we call "lens flares", ie reflections of bright objects in the camera lens, something that is not new but is very common in many so-called night lights and day objects. "he added.

Note that the thorough investigation of such cases and have achieved their objective explanation more credible and public approach to the phenomenon of unidentified flying objects.

Camilo Valdivieso

Sources:
AION (recovered from web archive)
img.lasegunda.com...
www.ovnis.com.mx...
www.mercuriovalpo.cl...
www.mercuriovalpo.cl...

Do you want to take a look at what they have been able to get?
Here you go, re-creating of the ufo in the sky, on the ground and even on the sea

In my opinion the case is VERY closed, but you decide.

Have a nice day

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Keep trying DJ! You'll get it. Look at jkrog08's OP's. He's my fave thread creator. Get all of the info that you can on the subject you are posting about into the initial OP. Try to make it as neutral as possible by eliciting the educated viewpoints of many opposing views on same said subject.

A nice, flowing and thorough read is what I look for in a good thread. One should feel like there is nothing left to see, read or hear on the subject when the initial OP is finished.

I like where your head is and I like the subject matter you post about. Explore the fullest potential of that subject matter with your unique passion embued in it.

I should be able to look at a wonderful thread by you and say ah! I know this style. This is a DJ thread. I love these!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I should be able to look at a wonderful thread by you and say ah! I know this style. This is a DJ thread. I love these!

Cheers,

Erik

thanx

i always try to do my homework on the subject at my best

on the other hand i am still learnig about how to make a good ATS post

i am active in many fields, being that i am IT engineer, journalist, politician and social activist......i have acess to numerous informations, and it takes me time to present it here on ATS...

thanx

new topics

top topics

join