It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a spirtual guru.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
well, since so many people here are offering suggestions like: read bibble, read this and that, do this, go there - i'll join the club and suggest you to familirize yourself with him:

guru

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Geemor]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
there's another guru - if that's the way you want to put it:

the best of u.g; enjoy

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Asking for a guru is asking for trouble. It makes you prey to all sorts of folks who don't necessarily have your best interests at heart. You might luck into finding a real, effective guru. But chances are, you will only be taken advantage of. Think of it this way: Would you go online here and ask for help with managing your money, and then listen to what folks told you? Probably not. Why entrust your spiritual journey to strangers?

There is a saying that goes, "When the student is ready, the teacher appears". What it means is that there are times in our lives when we do not need a guru, even though we may desperately want one. The student may have to do some preparation work first, before a teacher will be of any use to her. She may need to learn to make choices without guidance, in order not to become overly dependent on a guru or other person. There are any number of reasons why a student may not be ready for her guru at a particular time.

There is also a Sufi teaching that says everyone is your teacher. Every person, every experience, everything in your life, they say, is your teacher. All you have to do is pay attention to the lessons you are being given.

So that means that the jerk who cuts you off in traffic is your guru. Maybe he's teaching you patience or forgiveness. Maybe he's just showing you how easily you lose your cool. Whatever, you can get a lesson from him if you are open to it. Your children, your boss, the derelict asking for change, the bus driver - all are your teachers. Or the can be, if you allow them to be.

One problem with seeking a guru in the West is that we don't have a tradition of gurus. In the East, there is a long, solid tradition with clear expectations for both guru and student. Here, we have no such rules. Anything goes, and people get hurt. Some die. Take a look at Jonestown, or Heaven's Gate. We like the idea of being able to let someone else tell us what's good and bad, right and wrong, what we should do to bring us peace and serenity. Unfortunately, not every path leads to those goals.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I think the most logical and rational question to ask...what state do you even RESIDE IN?...
its kinda hard to recommend a spiritual guru...if we dont know somewhat where you live by.
I know theres a lot of ATS people here that are afraid of giving ANY INFORMATION...but yea...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Much good advice on here.

Really you want to awaken the Guru within yourself, with some guidlines from others who have walked the path themselves.

As you found a close connection with Jesus maybe it is best just to awaken the Christ Consciousness within yourself.

Take his teachings for example and make them a guide for your own life.

The sermon on the mount is a cross religious teaching that can be found as the core of most of the teachings.

Dont get to caught up in debate of it, or too much study take those core teachings, live them, be them, be a manifestation of that state of mind and action growing stronger and stronger each day.

Just for me and maybe it will be good for you, but that is for you decide, I always try and bring myself back to my little mantra or way of being to make sure I am doing what is right spiritually,

Relax (as it opens ourselves up, and releases anger, pride, jeoulosy take a breath before doing or acting, just realx etc)

Now (live in the now not the past or future be here now totally)

Love (unconditional, but yourself to dont be a Martyr)

This helps me anyhow try and do the right thing and be "Spiritual" whatever that is anyhow lol.

Whatever you find is right for you, touches your heart, and you can have faith in is what you should follow, and it does not really matter which church, prophet etc you follow the path is the same if taken on the core principles.

Good Luck and Blessings for you.

Elf

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have S & F you for your bravery in reaching out for the truth. Though the "Real Truth" - Is that you Do not Need a Guru! If you come across spiritual teachings that have a leader- "Let them Teach", though "Do Not Cling." This is the fine line of Learning and Developing 'Spiritual Enlightenment.' -It's when you fall trapped into a "Cult" of some kind, that misleads you and robs you of your own freedom of thought, and freedom of 'Individuality', sadly these things are all too common that cause much psychological and major life disruptions. Find a group who share similar means of simple things like meditation, yoga for well being, and a healthy balanced diet, and just enjoy people who are free, and who have a balanced and spiritual life style with all nature, animals, and to all they come in contact with on a daily basis.

There is nothing wrong if you like to practice in a group that is just doing the simple things I said above. It's when you get trapped in a 'cult' that excludes 'all others'. This is what comes to mind when you mention 'Guru'.

This happens a lot and in the end people are brainwashed, not to mention abused and exploited. So take care- Love & Light****

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

Hello
Story of mine was a bit similar, but at the end Ive realised that our religion is not so bad...Its good to try some exotic meditation schools, to study strange texts, to attend strange rituals...but even if we accept some of their beliefs- the all thing finally show up not to be made for us.
But its always better to know and accept whats ours not because we dont know anything else but because we realise that it fits us the best.
Anyway "seeking for the truth" remember there is a lot of self appointed gurus (exotic or plain) only waiting to catch a new sheeple...

Good luck in your search. Z

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You are in a plateau. Don't worry, It get's worse. Ignorance is bliss.

And my advice is: rely on yourself, the blind are leading the blind.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I feel your pain. There is some great advice already given here, so I will just reiterate it ... you only need to ask your self. When you ask, you will receive. When my time came, I asked, more like begged to know, and slowly, but ever so surely, I was led to the answers that were right for me.

And learn to meditate, that really got me going in the right direction back then. You are your best teacher. You already know, you just have to remember.

Sites I have enjoyed are:
www.educate-yourself.org...
www.thelawofone.info...
www.lightworkers.org...

Good luck and have a ball with it!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Your next step will ultimately only be decided by you. I sent you a U2U about what I'm involved with, however I also recommend that you go to a book store or browse online if you don't have access to a good store, and just buy whatever books on spirituality attract you most. If you place trust in your higher self the truths you seek will come to you if you expend the effort to look for them.

Basically, read, read, read. Learn about what spirituality is, and explore the experiences of others.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil

Sorry but I must disagree, it's not like this for everyone. Spiritual exploration is challenging and often painful, but it does lead to revelation and enlightenment if enough effort is put in to it. Ignorance is not bliss, and if you believe that why are you even on this website.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventhdoor

Sorry but I must disagree, it's not like this for everyone. Spiritual exploration is challenging and often painful, but it does lead to revelation and enlightenment if enough effort is put in to it. Ignorance is not bliss, and if you believe that why are you even on this website.

Who says so? where is it said this is painful. It is not painful its only painful if you think it will be. Whats painful about having the knowledge of the Universe flowing through you? Whats painful about Love? The Goddess energy is pure pure love, ecstatic love there is no pain if you'd just allow it to enlighten you.

I say to you all en - "lighten" UP!! relax into it. Pain ? What pain? Goddess energy (creation) of now is painless. It is quite the opposite in fact.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic Love
Who says so? [...]
I say to you all en - "lighten" UP!! relax into it. Pain ? What pain? Goddess energy (creation) of now is painless. It is quite the opposite in fact.

Fleeing from pain is believing. To see the world as it is, is really painful; or what would you think about the wars, misery, famine, violence and so on? They cannot be distinguished from the spiritual growth.

I am not sure, but according to your post, you seem to be blissed in your ignorance. Believing is escaping, and I sense strong faith in you. But if it rocks your boat, that's fine

-v

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Similarly, I started questioning about God at a young age. I wanted to know and understand why we are here, why I am here, and like you said, questions. When I was 13 I started attending church, and after a few short years, found myself enveloped in the church. Youth group on wednesdays, sunday school, church, church activities, ect. and eventually I was on the worship team, where I kept my music learning going.

Eventually my questions about reality led me away from the church, although I won't degrade the congregation of people because most of them were truly good people.

Anyways, take a look at "The Law of One", and "A Wanderer's Handbook". These have helped me, and the more I go back to review, the more I get out of it. I always seem to turn back to the Bible, because in factual reality, it does hold much wisdom. Although, I will openly say that I do not pray to Christ, as I don't see it necessary for my walk in life. I can understand how individuals would find the same realizations I have found, but through seeking Christ, and so I do not argue about these things. Good for you, if that's your soul's choice and all.

The Law of One

A Wanderer's Handbook

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic Love

You sound manic. To be asleep and awaken to a spiritual reality in a world dominated by mundane things and filled with greed, war, corruption, poison, pollution, abuse, famine, hopelessness and hate is not a happy afternoon in the Goddesses playground. Remember that there is also the Dark Goddess and Dark God and they to have messages. However I agree that it is rewarding and the experience of the Now, of pure Being, is Bliss.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
I am 21 years old, a full-time college student with two jobs and an active social life; and there is a void that was starting to be filled, but I am feeling a little lost again. I was raised Catholic, baptised, communion, confirmation; the whole ordeal. I was very dedicated to Jesus Christ and prayed every night and felt a deep connection. Then, I suppose I was around 7 or 8, I started asking questions. Nothing bad or evil; just things I wondered about. How God got here, why I was here, why bad things happen if God loves us; etc. These questions were never answered; I was more or less told to just have faith...and for some reason that didn't satisfy the itch. So I read the bible, at 13, and freaked myself out really bad with Eevelations. For years I felt so lost, like I was supposed to be Christian/catholic because everyone around me was...but the more I read and learned, the more I felt it just wasn't right for me. I felt that if I was going to proclaim a religion, I would need to connect with it and agree with it and live by it ---not just pick and choose the parts that I liked. Last year I really resonated with the law of attraction, and felt lifted up. Then I read Conversations with God and felt like I was getting closer. But now I feel stuck and I don't know what I believe and I don't know how to figure out what I believe; and spirtuality is important to my sense of self. Basically I am looking for guidance...I am not sure what my next step is.

Your next step is a personal relationship with Jesus. His magnificent love will fulfill your every need and want.
Jer 31:3 I have loved you

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You sound manic. To be asleep and awaken to a spiritual reality in a world dominated by mundane things and filled with greed, war, corruption, poison, pollution, abuse, famine, hopelessness and hate is not a happy afternoon in the Goddesses playground. Remember that there is also the Dark Goddess and Dark God and they to have messages. However I agree that it is rewarding and the experience of the Now, of pure Being, is Bliss.

Manic lol Once enlightenment is reached or it touches you within you see past the negatives you list above. None of those matter, only love.

Dark Goddess, who ever said that?

Pure being is Pure bliss it is pure now high energy flow from god/goddess source. Pure being is pure bliss which is why your negatives dont have place within that space of absolute.
Enlightenment is pure love why you all seem to add hate/dark/evil to it is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil

I was being ironic. Ignorance "is", in a way, comfortable.

And the more I know, the more I know I don't know and I became confused, because I see that some things are not as they seem to be.

PS.: It's just my experience, not THE TRUTH.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

dear cosmic love

i know that this won't budge you in any direction so i can safely post these. please see them through, both clips are less than one minute:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geemor

dear cosmic love

i know that this won't budge you in any direction so i can safely post these. please see them through, both clips are less than one minute:

Dearest Geemor

Oh dear me what on Earth is wrong with that man. Love is a dirty word, Love is lust? is that what you think also? Love from source is non of these. those with an awakened kundalini know it is many energies that merge with your soul to form the bliss that is enlightenment. When I hear enlightenment is lust oh I do so raise me eye brows. many think the sacral is lust and this again is so misunderstood. It is not lust it is energy of creation, it is the power behind all other energies and without it enlightenment can not be.

Thank you for these clips Geemor but your right they have no place within me. what is fun and loving about living a life like that man does, he looks awfully grumpy and grey I cant say Id like to spend any time at all in the presence of one so grumpy! His energy is not for me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join