It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a spirtual guru.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am 21 years old, a full-time college student with two jobs and an active social life; and there is a void that was starting to be filled, but I am feeling a little lost again. I was raised Catholic, baptised, communion, confirmation; the whole ordeal. I was very dedicated to Jesus Christ and prayed every night and felt a deep connection. Then, I suppose I was around 7 or 8, I started asking questions. Nothing bad or evil; just things I wondered about. How God got here, why I was here, why bad things happen if God loves us; etc. These questions were never answered; I was more or less told to just have faith...and for some reason that didn't satisfy the itch. So I read the bible, at 13, and freaked myself out really bad with Eevelations. For years I felt so lost, like I was supposed to be Christian/catholic because everyone around me was...but the more I read and learned, the more I felt it just wasn't right for me. I felt that if I was going to proclaim a religion, I would need to connect with it and agree with it and live by it ---not just pick and choose the parts that I liked. Last year I really resonated with the law of attraction, and felt lifted up. Then I read Conversations with God and felt like I was getting closer. But now I feel stuck and I don't know what I believe and I don't know how to figure out what I believe; and spirtuality is important to my sense of self. Basically I am looking for guidance...I am not sure what my next step is.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
if you want a good read take a look at

BE HERE NOW

by Ram Das

One of my favorite books

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

Do not look outward for connection with divinity, for you are one with the infinite creator all along.

Religions are devices used to divide people, do not divide yourself with such nonsense.

Meditate every day, ask yourself to guide you.

If it helps:

Everything is a singular living infinite entity that is experiencing itself, this entity is the creator or what religious texts call "God". You are "god", a distortion of the great infinite entity.

Why would "God" make seperate distortions of itself? To experience itself.

Like your signature says, all you need is love, help others and understand that what ever you put out is reflected back to you.

Sorry if I'm confusing, just understand to never dislike anyone even if they rob you, kill someone, destroy what you love, because in the end it doesn't matter. (I don't actually mean that there is an end, because there isn't you will 'be' for eternity, indefinitley, infinitely.)

Forgiveness, helping others, and understanding that everything/everyone is a singular different unique "part" of the Infinite One ("god") is crucial in awakening yourself.

Don't get caught up in outside beliefs, for the own personal understanding of truth is your own truth from within your inner self.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

no, you don't...just practice absolute non-thought as often as possible; yes, its that simple

have you heard of eckhart tolle's "a new earth?"

[edit on 13-10-2009 by reject]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Re-examine Christ, in an open minded and multifacted way, because he is still the true vine, the good shepherd, the gateway, the life, and the light of life, who's most fundamental character lives on, and intercedes on our behalf in any and every way we need, who's very strength resides in our own weakness, and who's power is the shelter from the raging storm, and who's death and resurrection life, is the cosmic clamshell of our spiritual transformation, that we will become worthy to be placed as prescious pearls in the spiritual gate of the universal city of the living God - included. There is another type of Christianity, many kinds, than that of the Roman Catholic Church, who I think of as simply gatekeepers attempting to withhold the Spirit, instead of releasing it into the world. They've enveloped it, imprisoned it, in a shell of rigidly defined doctrine, and a hierarchy who alone may dispense the mass. Untwist that slight twist, by your own renewed investigation, that is my best suggestion. There is no need to completely abandon the Christian viewpoint or frame of reference, which does not preclude your continued searching or evaluating of any and all information, and integrating whatever works for you.

Some day we will all contend with the absolute truth, and I don't know about you, but I think I'll be needing a little intercessory grace to cover me, and allow me to pass under the eternal gaze of the one who sees and knows all from every angle and perspective. In other words I will not be able to justify myself without the mercy of God given to me by the Grace of Jesus Christ my elder brother who is proven worthy of my love and my trust.

In a really serious spiritual pursuit, and it will always get serious at some point, there are still powers and principalities to contend with in this vast universe of ours.

As a Christian, it is entirely safe to explore any realm, because we are untouchable, and there's a lot of space in that, a lot of freedom, and true freedom, is the freedom to freely love as we are loved.

Who would discard a revelation of God's love for us as individuals, really when it comes right down to it? Forget about "Churchianity" and seek out the truth at the heart of it. There IS something there, something very important, very deep, and rich, and mysterious, beautiful, and at once both unfathomable yet fathomable.

Through Jesus Christ we are the adopted sons and daughters of the king of the universe, and the full treasure and inheritance is ours, and the treasure is his love, a love which conquors all.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Seekingmyself,

You are making great progress with your path to enlightenment, so don't feel bad about "being stuck", since such a feeling stems from your hitting your own internal resistance, which is quite ok.

Conversations with God is a great series of books to start with.

I highly recommend this site...

www.divinecosmos.com

...that is owned and operated by the reincarnated Edgar Cayce. Yes, him. He's back and more alive than ever. This site is loaded with awesome information, beit spiritual or scientific, or whatever you are looking for.

I also strongly recommend that you pay close attention to your dreams. Your dreams are communications from your Higher Self -- which is your direct portal to the One Infinite Creator, or God, if you want -- and they are couched in symbolic forms that are designed to evoke a sense of searching, a sense of curiosity to follow your own rabbit down the hole of Self.

Your handle is a perfect one "Seekingmyself" -- which is what we all are searching for. There's self, then there's Self, the capitalized "Self" is the Higher Self aspect who knows you better than you know yourself. Your ego of which you are aware, who has the unique memories of this lifetime, who has a name, an identity, is but a part of a larger Self of which you are a part.

So, when you are about to sleep, verbally state your intent, desire for your Higher Self to help guide you in your dreams and your Higher Self will respond. Your Higher Self loves you deeply, as you are a projection of your own Higher Self and, like I said, your Higher Self knows you more than you know yourself.

Pay close attention to your dreams. Try to remember them. If you are able to recall them in detail, that's really great. Right when you first wake up, try not to move and try to recall as much of your dreams that you can, mulling over the events that happened.

I can share more with you about dreams and their meanings, but, first things first and that is to get into a pattern of consistent and clear recall of your dreams. If you already do recall your dreams clearly, then you would be ready to study the dreams in detail.

Carry on Seekingmyself and you will find You.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

My advice would be not to look to others for guidence. No one can and should be allowed to tell you who you are and what you should do. Pick the path that best speaks to you. I mean, I or any number of others on this board could attempt to set you on what we consider to be the path. But in reality it is just our path. And their are many IMHO and only you can pick the one that is best for you.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I think I can help here.

First of all never let people tell you there is no god, they can neither prove nor disprove his existence. They are simply going on what they believe which btw it is different for everyone.

There are people in this world that say there is no god as if they know for sure. I say that they cannot know for sure. It is not possible! What they say is only their opinion.

With that said let me clarify.

I was born and raised catholic. I went to catholic school. I was never told to not ask questions like the ones you are asking. You can have faith in God, but don't be afraid to question him (this is not the same as going against him blatantly and is also not the same as disbelief). I always thought that even if every religion on earth is wrong (as they probably are) that doesn't mean there isn't a god. In fact understanding something as infinitely complex as god would be is far beyond what our brains can comprehend. How can we possibly understand the creator of the universe when we don't even really understand the universe and how it really works? There are many scientists with theories as to how everything really works and I will say we know a lot about things and how they work but we will never understand everything there is to understand and that is a fact. That is the evolution of science in all its splendor.

If you want spiritual guidance that is for you to find, but don't doubt god. Question what he is and why he is but don't doubt. To do that would be the same as forsaking the possible. As we know things that where impossible yesterday are possible today. But while not doubting, be sure to also question. Question everything! Without question we would not have the wonderful (and not so wonderful) things we have today. I'm sure god already expected questions to be asked. However, do not forsake god as a possibility because we will not know the answer to that question until the end. Never forsake the possible. If you do that you will be just like the arrogant people you asked for advice.

They are the same people that stated you are god and god doesn't exist as a fact. They really don't know if it is a fact although they think they do.

Be free my child and enjoy your life. No matter what happens you where given a gift and there is no reason to doubt that gift. There is no reason to doubt god.

Doubt religion as it is taught. Doubt those in power. However, do not forsake the possibility of something higher than yourself. Do not forsake god because whether he is there or not it doesn't mean you have to close your mind to the possible as many already have (even in this very thread).

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

well said.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Ask the Cosmos for one
If you need one they will come to you.

The Universe provies if you ask. My only advice is have fun, love, love some more and follow your inner hearts desire then a Master will come.

Ive read these boards for a while, enlightenment is seen as so serious on here. OMG becoming enlightened can be the most fun ride of your life. Most take it far too seriously. Relax and your Shaktipak will be given.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
if your avatar is your pic, then im a transcendental sex teacher!!

lol

seriously, dont ask soneone else for guidance, go up into the woods alone for a week and see what you are when you come back.

otherwise its not your belief but someone elses.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Very nice questions and i sympathize with your ordeal. I was at that same

place, as i am sure everyone else has been there or is going there. The

answer is quite simple. Ask God. Maybe you will be the one to get the

answer. Know this, if it is spirituality you are seeking it takes work. You must

seek it with all your heart. You know what is good and what is bad in your

heart. Start there.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Thank you.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

You need only yourself - you do not need anyone else.

Just get your mind around things you want - it is easy.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I was just saying about same thing that watcher in the shadows said. So I won't repeat, but I'll just point out that it's probably the best bet in the end.

Be yourself and walk the path of yours.

-v

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Do that and everything else will happen on its own.

To begin with, the question what one should do is wrong. Instead, ask what you are. Answer: a god- not yet -conscious spark. So, first task: Become conscious.

Everything else will happen on its own. Why? The question what you should do vanishes

It's like the gordian knot. Use your sword, not sheepish patience

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Look back on your life and see what drives you to keep going. Ask yourself what you really want to do in life. Put your religion aside and think without restriction for a bit and see how you feel. Maybe you can look into other belief systems and then figure out what works best for you.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

the word 'guru' means a 'pointer' and 'remover of darkness', so in that sense you already have here many gurus. gurus can only point the direction, your task is to get in there by your own feet. if the guru tries to tell you how to walk, then he/she is an imposter.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I commend you for searching for a clearer connection with God. the main advise I would give you is to visit the link I am posting below. I have found great comfort with God through this church and it's teachings. The pastor is a great knowledgeable person. Good luck and may Jesus be with you

JMFI

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

All I can say is that you should invest some time reading the bible if your looking for answers to things such as why people suffer in this world and why we are here. When you read scripture you have to piece it together (that does not mean, make it up to suit yourself as some do) to make sense of some of it, other parts are easier to understand. The bible does say "let the reader understand".

I spent a long time in my life looking for answers but I was led right back to the answer that was in front of me all along through experiences.

The catholic church has some strange practices for example, confession to a man and the fact the pope says that the only way to God is through him. None of that is in the bible and if your asking someone who believes it is to teach you or answer your questions, how can they offer guidance if they have not read the word of God?

This is just my opinion like others have posted.

Spirtuality is something that I believe is one of the most important choices if not the only real choice you have to make on your own. Its full of ups and downs but if you persist you will find the answers.

Good luck!

[edit on 13-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join