It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy young adult 'invincibles' may face healthcare mandate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

Um right, well I understand fully. Yes I know some people may feel hard done by our system, but it is there to look after everyone.

Some people need help and really can not afford it, ( yes as with every society some people take a p!ss )

I like the system we have, I prefer it to the system of, if you have the money to look after yourself then we have the time attitude. But hey maybe thats why we differ in opinion my old colonial out post friend.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
I am a young healthy adult and I too pay for a health insurance scheme.

It is called the NHS here in England.

Yes they take some of my monthly wage to help pay for this but it also goes to playing for alot more. Do i agree how the UK govt use my cash ? not always, I do however appreciate having a health service that will treat me without looking at my financial status.
Yes the NHS is not perfect, but I would not swap it at all for private medical insurance..

My opinion, don't slate me for it.

One of the important things to consider regarding England and Canadas universal Health Care is it's England and Canada! More importantly though they are established systems that people are accustomed too.

It's like the young people who have been born into Communist Cuba, they don't know what it was like when Cuba wasn't a communist state so everything seems normal enough to them because that's all they have ever known.

Here in American changes are often made supposedly to make things better. Things rarely if ever change for the better though when it comes to the 'change for the better' our government typically sells us on versus what they actually then deliver.

In my humble oppinion there are a lot of things as an American that I don't trust our Government to do. I don't trust them to do it well, I don't trust them to do it with the citizens best interests in mind.

The reality is our Health Care system really isn't broken. No one is dying for lack of basic health care rich or poor, insured or uninsured.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Where will we all be in a system where my cash is no longer taken and the other insurers went out of business because the government took over and the government now says "Treatment not an Option" "Treatment Denied" or "Does not fit the parameters for Treatment"?

I think where it would end up is with an underground, black market, medical care. I'm sure there would be doctors willing to take cash to care for you one way or another.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Where will we all be in a system where my cash is no longer taken and the other insurers went out of business because the government took over and the government now says "Treatment not an Option" "Treatment Denied" or "Does not fit the parameters for Treatment"?

I think where it would end up is with an underground, black market, medical care. I'm sure there would be doctors willing to take cash to care for you one way or another.

That’s a pretty disturbing notion that it might come to that in order to get independent medical care.

So much for the notion of free enterprise!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for sharing your medical history with ATS, Mr. GetReadyAlready.
You are the perfect example of why young adults must have health
insurance.

7 out of 10 visits to the hospital by those under age 25 are due to INJURY,
not a sickness. Many say that they'll just sign up for post-reform health
insurance after they get "sick". This may work if you feel a pain that you
want to get checked out later in the week, but if you are injured, you will
end up paying tens of thousands of dollars for your injury repair and
probable therapy. Young adults without insurance pay hundreds of dollars
to the hospital's collection department for YEARS, until the debt is settled.

You were very wise to marry a lady who had the foresight and maturity
to understand how important health insurance is for all human beings.
This is just what our President and Congress are trying to tell us. The
problem is that the American population doesn't want to pay for it. We're
all stuck in a "Look out for Number 1 and damned the rest of them"
mentality. -cwm

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
hahaha i laughed when i saw the foodstamps and welfare arent free post .
Really, cmon. I think that if you enjoying your High speed internet and watching your satelite/cable on your nice plasma/lcd/led television and complaining about paying for foodstamps and medicaid that is really wrong.

First of all there are people starving, children poorly educated, and disabled set out to fend for themselves. AND it's not just limited to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. In other countries its even worse, mostly because rich countries like america give them guns and send thier corrupt companies over, then when they get outta control because they are sick of it, they are repainted as devils.

I mean its not just the afraqistakistan either palestin/serbia -south africa cuba - south america.

And its fine to pay Trillions on war, just not on healthcare.

As for the food stamps, its a wasteful way to control the poor.

There are so many smart people in america, but none of them spend their time thinking of ways to improve their countries government.

A new system is needed democracy doesn't work. Anything important is just debated until it no longer matters. And if they do create a good bill, they attach all these horrible things to these bills.

Anyways I feel bad for scolding the site. You guys cant do anything. Neither can I.

Taxes arent even that high in the states, try living in canada.

Instead of complaining that your taxes are to high, just complain that hungry children need food and shelter and in some cases medical care in your country. Maybe make the kids work in factories then they can pay for their own food.

At least you dont have to pay taxes to pay for the needy in other countries those people can starve to death, cause their governments are even more corrupt.

Wanna save taxes, demand your senators/congressmen and president take huge pay reductions first, they should lead by example.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by KingAtlas]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join