It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez says Obama did "nothing" to deserve Nobel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by acasillas73

he is the first african american prez. i dont know why to some that is a issue. if he wasent prez and u saw him walking down the street. u would see him as black. but just cuzz he is prez suddenly he is not black enough lol. i just dont get it. i guess. he black enough to get lynched by the kkk and other racist groups but not black enough to be considered the first black prez.

unless im mistaken there hasent been any other black prez. unless u take in the rumors that lincon had black in him wich i dont

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

there is a difference between supportig a prez are anyone and being a puppet to some one. just cuzz u dont agree with something that some one else does. doesent make them puppet. i guess to u im a puppet to obama cuzz i support him. i dont agree with everything he does and i have said so openly. but i support obama and agree with his plan for america. if u disagree that is ur right. but it would be wrong for me to lable u a puppet of the right wing just cuzz u disagree with me about obama

just my 2 cents

salaam

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hey Chavez, quit criticizing our no good president. Leave that to the fine citizens of the US. Although I'd have to agree with the content of Chavez's statement, it still is annoying having this tin pan communist dictator criticize our tin pan communist dictator.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Well, to have an intelligent discussion, we need to know:

1) Who or what group decides who gets it.

2) Are there written guidelines that they must follow.

3) I fully grant you this our current foreign policy and our past foreign policy are very different things.

4) Could it be that changing the foreign policy of the US is the best thing that could have been done to ensure peace, or at least, not increase war and violence?

5) Who really cares what Chavez says or thinks??? Seriously.

Obama has made forward progress in foreign policy IMHO. But from there to saying he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize? that's a long stretch. He just sent more troops to Afghanistan, hasn't closed Guantanamo bay and hasn't pulled our troops from Iraq.

All I'm saying is, maybe he deserves a Nobel, but later, when and if he fulfills a lot of the promises he made, but not a moment sooner.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Hey Chavez, quit criticizing our no good president. Leave that to the fine citizens of the US. Although I'd have to agree with the content of Chavez's statement, it still is annoying having this tin pan communist dictator criticize our tin pan communist dictator.

Oh, how we hate the cognitive dissonance when dictators or terrorists say something that happens to be true. It would be so much easier if we could just hate them without any confusion.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If Obama was smart he would have declined the award, as everyone with half a brain knows he doesn't deserve it yet. I would have had a lot more respect for him if he would have said "I respectfully decline the award as i feel i am not worthy of it at this time. If, after my time as president is done, the Nobel committee feels i still deserve the award then i will accept it."

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The Nobel Prize to Obama for Peace was nothing more than a message from the Globalists to continue to play ball.

Wilson won the prize also. All he had to do to get it was make sure the Federal Reserve Act was a success... and the Federal Trade Commissions Act.

As far as Chavez goes, this man is actually more in line with American Patriotism than many people I see on this website who support both the left AND the right.

We live in such a f-ed up place that it is ACCEPTIBLE to allow these Politicians campaigning on change to do the exact opposite by expanding wars... in the name of peace?
To say that you are going to close down the concentration camp in Cuba and not only not do it, but lie about what you intended to do in the first place. Well, not really lie, but tell a half-truth. (instead of simply closing it down, we'll just move here to American Soil, in Montana)

Of course Chavez is evil though. Afterall, he stood up to American Hegemony.

Speaking of Hegemony, that book he gave to Bush (or was it Obama)... Noam Chomsky. Hegemony or Survival. It should be required reading for everyone in America... Especially for those participating in discussions such as these. At least the majority of the idiots in America will tell you that they flat out don't care about political affairs.

In here we have people who speak at length and all that ever comes across is a glaring sense of irony, for no matter how well thought their posts seem to be, they never seem to understand that the Good Ole' US is f-ed up... on BOTH sides of the isle.
Instead, we get people CONTINUING to latch on to one side or the other and the arguments progress like a clock that is tuned to the election results. This way or that. Is it red or blue? Am I on offense or defense?

HOW ABOUT LETS LOOK AT IT FROM THE MIDDLE?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
With one of the precursors for the Nobel peace prize being that the winner shall have helped reduce the world's standing armies, it seems hypocritical that the week during his win the presidential administration is deciding on sending even more troops overseas. Other issues that do not seem peaceful, instead causing discord are his trillion + dollar national debt increase in such a short time span. On the issue of the Nobel being a "joke", I have talked to others and they said it was that way years ago when Kissinger & Carter won it (Just to give you a view on what others around me think.) Does anyone know where the money is going exactly? Isn't receiving the Peace Prize and receiving "gift money" while he is in administration seem the same as lobbyists paying money for a specific candidate in a way?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

wow is all i can say to u. i know this si a the wrong forum for this. but if u believe the same way the link on ur sig does then u disgust me. thats the kinda of bias hate that keeps religouse wars and other bs going. feel free to say wut u want i wont reply. i have no need. cuzz im a muslim. i follw the the holy qu'ran. according to ur link im nothing but a terrorist bent on killing people. there is no point debating anything with some one as bias as that

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join