It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sell the Vatican, Feed the world

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I saw this video on HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher" with Sarah Silverman's brilliant idea on how to end world hunger. I believe it helps put things into perspective and I love it.
Way to go Sarah!

Sell the Vatican, Feed the World!

Caution: This video contains profanity, and some harsh realities, the link is to a site that has the video link on it (clickable). Click here to open the You Tube version that is in play mode.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Giving the entire world a $50 check would solve nothing. I'm sorry, but it seems very short-sighted, the entire problem with world hunger is setting up adequate infrastructure so that it can provide long-term benefits. (Jobs, self sufficiency etc.)

A few months after the Vatican would be sold, we'd be back to square one, without a Vatican. Which is important for many reasons.

1. It is the head of the Catholic Church
  2. It is an important Tourist attraction
  3. It is a "city". A home.

And on, there are innumerable reasons. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, I certainly don't mean to, but I find it cheap to garner a comedic following by proposing superficial solutions and angst. And Sarah has exploited the "social taboo" card for her own gains for a long time.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Devino,thats a great vid- thanks for posting that one.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

I'm sorry, I thought you were joking...

You said there were important reasons to not sell it?

Was that the list starting from the bottom?

Don't get me wrong, I am into religion and very much enjoy theology (I think about and admire Jesus every day). As for "the Church"...not so much. I remember something in the bible that describes gluttony.

This puts it all into perspective because, remember, this is not the only issue that has come up with the Vatican. I am in no way bashing religion, just "the Church" and of coarse the "anointed ones".

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Good idea to sell the vatican .. but we should also sell the temple mound and anything else of that ilk. I wouldn't want to feed the world either. I'd prefer to educate it instead.

IRM

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Liars and thieves can never be "heroes".

Don't sell the vatican----end the vatican.

It has always been an oppressive regime.

Remember when they sold indulgences?

Yes, you could pay your way out of hell and better your changes at...well, maybe purgatory.

They have always taken advantage of the illiterate and the ignorant.

Remember when they would not allow people to own or read the "holy books"?

Remember when they went into starving countries and bribed people with rice and yams?

Is it possible that this bribery still occurs? Is it possible that "the elite" "the bankers" "the illuminati" are just the knights, bishops, and rooks in this little game?

Is it possible that mortgage scams, homelessness, poverty, and hunger has actually been orchestrated to promote dependency on faith based initiatives? Is this how they will try to recoup their power?

Churches have lost a lot of membership; people are waking up to their lies and manipulation. They are loosing control and they have to regain it somehow. Mass dependency seems like a plan. But it won't be for everyone. Only the ones who pass their test of "judgements" will be fed and housed. Ah yes, they will say the church has entered the "Age of Judgement" and they will have a dossier on everyone, thanks to ACORN and other statistical bureaus.

Eventually, even those who have been accepted to receive the 'faith charities' will be screened more diligently as they weed out the dregs of those who are not capable of hard work. The hard work being to restore the planet to its Paradise condition.

Funny, Jesus never mentioned a planetary restoration. As a matter of fact, if you want to get technical about it, John 14: 2 quotes Jesus as saying "I go to prepare a place for you." He goes on to say 'I will come back for you so that you can be with me where I am.'...or something like that.

Sell the vatican--feed the poor?

When money is more worthless by the hour, who can eat gold?

The vatican had their chance.

The time is over.

END the Vatican!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
How about sell the ka'bah to feed the world? Sell stone henge to feed the world, sell the great wall of china to feed the world... And michael jackson was the only one nuts enough to want to buy these places.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If the vatican would quit preaching that using birth control is wrong then maybe there wouldnt be so many mouths to feed. On the other hand, what can you expect from a city/state that was given official status by Benito Mussolini?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

The Vatican is not hers to sell. I was expecting , as the economy was deliberately imploded, someone would point the finger at the Vatican. This is sort of like searching the cushions of someone elses couch for money. I think a better idea would be for the statists to take their paws out of other people's wallets.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

sell yourself first

it also will help the world

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sellilng the vatican is not realistic BUT as a "caring" christian regime, they should donate all the treasures of gold and jewels that offer no purpose other than monetary masturbation and to show off to the other religions. The catholic church is never going to change, never going to comprimise, and never going to do anything besides brainwash the masses to keep building its collection of gold/jewel/souls

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
And what about the banks Sara ? I'm no fan of the Vatican either , perhaps Israel should take the 3 Billion in military aid it gets every year from the states to feed the world ! Oh that's right Miss Silverman only Christians are bad. I can't stand hypocrites.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A wise person once said, "give a man a fish, he can eat for a day...teach him how to fish, he will always eat." Selling the Vatican is one thing, they have billions in assets all over the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

This is just more false concern for the people of the world to push an internal agenda. No surprise it was on Bill Maher.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Ok. Buy the food from Monsanto and co. Give them to the hungry. When the money's gone they can resume starving to death.

Monstano's happy and the poor's happy temporarily. Great idea.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Great. A Zionist Jewish woman is telling to sell the Vatican. Now here is a counter-offer:

Sell Israel, Feed the World.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The people who pay Ms. Silverman are the same people who are stealing the GNP of America. They do not understand crime leads to poverty. They will go through what they have stolen very quickly ,because they did not earn the stolen wealth and they do not appreciate it. This is happening more quickly than I had anticipated if they are already unveiling their plans to sack the Vatican. They will not stop until they impoverish everyone on the planet.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Sellilng the vatican is not realistic BUT as a "caring" christian regime, they should donate all the treasures of gold and jewels that offer no purpose other than monetary masturbation and to show off to the other religions. The catholic church is never going to change, never going to comprimise, and never going to do anything besides brainwash the masses to keep building its collection of gold/jewel/souls

I think you got the point right on. It's not like selling the Vatican would actually do any real good, I mean in the world today $500 billion isn't that much money. The point is the Catholic Church stands in contrast to their own religion.

I believe that Jesus was against the establishment, like the Church, and was all for Understanding (or if you will, Gnosis). I have a congregation at my house every Easter. Everyone that is there is offered more food than they can eat, I don't hoard my money but actually give some away (hidden in Easter eggs) and everyone is considered equal (no rules about hats in my house).

Oh...and a few other things...
No excommunications.
No burning people alive at any time.
No inquisitions.
No raping nor molesting of children.
No belittling nor destroying of others' religions or their symbols/writings.
No preaching of fear and ignorance (we actually promote Love and Understanding or Gnosticism).

Now, can the Vatican say the same?

InfaRedMan I think your right and this is a step towards educating the world, we should not be afraid to look at things for what they are so then we will know. It is from being disgusted by this knowledge that change takes place.

It is my belief that Jesus was teaching Understanding, he was against the establishment and the clergy or the so called "anointed ones". We are all equal in the eyes of God.
The Church went against Jesus' original teachings or what is called being against-Christ (anti-Christ), from that we now have several thousand different religions and a myriad of churches. This is not something that I made up nor do I take it lightly.

My point is that the original teaching from Jesus, and the man himself, are still the path to Understanding of Truth. Throw out all of the corruption but keep the Understanding, i.e. never mind the church but remember religion.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Oh...and a few other things...
No excommunications.
No burning people alive at any time.
No inquisitions.
No raping nor molesting of children.
No belittling nor destroying of others' religions or their symbols/writings.
No preaching of fear and ignorance (we actually promote Love and Understanding or Gnosticism).

Just to make that clear, every religion has their faults. Every side has something to hide. Here is the opposite.

Rabbis Money Laundering
www.youtube.com...

Rabbis caught for Molestation
www.youtube.com...

Gang of Rabbis arrested for selling body parts
www.youtube.com...

And the list is long.

So, do you believe the Vatican has something similar to hide? At least they're not making organ business, like the Rabbis. So, try again. There is an other religion which has greater secrets and making this sort of attacks against the church via this uneducated b*tch Silverman.

The media is making a balloon from every case what the church is doing, even lying many times, while as you can see the upper shown examples, the ones whose are making the attack against the church are the real ones whose are causing much more trouble.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I believe the Vatican will recieve more negative attention from those in the media. The Vatican may have most of the worlds gold at this time. Many of those involved in the NWO do not want to share power with the Vatican; yet ,they would like to put the world on a gold standard. There are some who may be afraid the Vatican, given past history, will become tyrannical. Still others do not want the Vatican to block forced abortions, forced sterilizations ,and human cloning. The Vatican does not at this time oppose the one world government. This is only the beginning of a nasty fight.

<<   2  3 >>

join