It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sell the Vatican, Feed the world

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
reply to post by eradown

Confession is the most EXQUISITE form of CONTROL ever devised by man! Prior to around 1100 AD confession was a congregational ritual but sometime in that era, the Church instituted the individual or private confessional. And thereby guaranteed itself another 1,000 years of DOMINANCE over its communicants.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by donwhite]

This may have been true in Catholic churches controled by scoundrels. This is also why some Catholics will drive forty miles out of their way to make confessions anonymously.

With all the surveillance in America, I believe the state has given itself as much if not more power than the priests and their confessional booths ever had. The statists can find out every bad thing you are up to or have done in the past. With the brainwashing techniques and propaganda available to the state, they are capable manipulating some people into doing things they should not do. In medieval societies ,there was a balance between those who had power, who had money, and the clergy. Those seeking power in the world now want to control everything.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by eradown]

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
LOL, I just found this video. I had to bump the post. Shameless... I know.

<< 1  2   >>

join