It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli settlers burn fields after illegal outpost dismantled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israeli settlers on Sunday set Palestinian fields and olive groves on fire after their illegal outpost in the West Bank was dismantled, Israeli military sources told CNN.

Israeli authorities arrested 13 settlers who refused orders to evacuate the Mitzpe Ami outpost near the West Bank settlement of Kedumim, an army spokesman said.

There were no injuries reported in the incident. The outpost is considered illegal under Israeli law.

The incident happened as the top U.S. envoy to the region, George Mitchell, wraps up his visit to the region, part of an effort to restart stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace talks. The United States has pressured Israel to halt settlement construction and dismantle illegal outposts.

Palestinian leaders have said they will not return to negotiations until Israel freezes construction on settlements in the West Bank and stops building in East Jerusalem. The United States has pressured Israel to do that, but the Israeli government has declined, saying instead that it will limit construction in the West Bank and continue to build in East Jerusalem.

Under the 2002 Roadmap for Peace plan brokered by the United States, European Union, the United Nations and Russia, Israel agreed to "dismantle settlement outposts erected since 2001" and "freeze all settlement activity."

Source

Well, why am I not surprised? More atrocities being commited against palestinians by the Israeli people. It's nice to see the Israeli government actually doing something about it however.

Interesting how the UN does NOTHING to enforce any sort of laws that are past in regards to Israel, they just let them run wild.

What say you ATS?

Edit to add, I misread the document, it was Israeli citizens who did so, still very wrong.

~Keeper

[edit on 10/11/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Edit to add: Harsh language in video do not watch around children.

I not saying all Israelis act like this but this is just disgusting.

And I'm sure I'll be called anti-Semite just for posting the video.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well, why am I not surprised? More atrocities being commited against palestinians by the Israeli government. And I say government not PEOPLE.

Interesting how the UN does NOTHING to enforce any sort of laws that are past in regards to Israel, they just let them run wild.

What say you ATS?

Edit to add, I misread the document, it was Israeli citizens who did so, still very wrong.

~Keeper

Did you even read the article you linked-to, or were you too busy looking for something antii-Israeli to post? What part of

Israeli authorities arrested 13 settlers

did you have difficulty understanding? You see, 'Israeli authorities' means they work for the government. Government agents arrested the 13 settlers who burned the fields. The Israeli government didn't burn the fields.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Wow, well that didn't take long for somebody to call me "anti-Israel". Please take your assumptions elsewhere.

If you looked closely at the post you would see I edited it to apologize and added that it was Israeli citizens who burned the fields, not the goverment.

It's good that they did arrest them for this injustice, a Palestinian family is without their lifeline now.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

What is the point of the video? Tell me where you are from, and I'll post videos showing your people acting poorly in a thread about your country.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I said you were too busy looking for something anti-Israeli to post. I didn't call you anti-Israeli or an ignorant bigot.

You didn't edit this false statement out-

Well, why am I not surprised? More atrocities being commited against palestinians by the Israeli government. And I say government not PEOPLE.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I aplogize and it's been edited.

And no, I was not looking for something "anti-Israel" to post, I dont' go around looking for these things.

Israel does a pretty good job of getting people to be "anti-Israel" all on it's own..

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Anybody else have a take on this?

Or know more about these type of settler situations?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by lucentenigma

What is the point of the video? Tell me where you are from, and I'll post videos showing your people acting poorly in a thread about your country.

Well, I really doubt that.
I would be more than happy to let you proove it. A quick search on youtube with the searchwords "Israeli settler violence" or "Israeli soldier violence" yields so many results it's simply ridicolous.
Try doing that swapping Israeli with Norwegian.

That is the single most stupid statement I have seen you post on ATS stevegmu, and I've seen a good lot of them. The video in question is not even the tip of the iceberg.

new topics

top topics

join