It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pendle/West Yorkshire(England) area... Anyone seeing these UFOs tonight?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So I'm outside having a cigarette(I know) and i spot a couple of 'UFOs'. Anyway sure enough, within a minute or so a whole load of planes appeared from nowhere, from pretty much all over the sky... Fly about a bit, then leave. Within this time the UFOs either dissapeared or went behind the clouds.

Wondering if anyone else in the area has had their eye on the sky tonight? There's a couple of airports in the area(Leeds, Manchester, Blackpool)... But I've NEVER seen as much sky activity, and there was no formation to the planes that appeared out of nowhere.

I counted upwards of 20 planes in my front vision, excluding the 2 "UFO's". Went outfront of the house and had a look in the opposite direction, 1 plane, nothing out of the ordinary.

Definately odd how all the planes appeared from practically nothingness shortly after the "UFO's" appeared. Considering the vast number of them it doesn't seem like a coincedence. I've never seen 20 aeroplanes in my life and I've had the same view for 20 years.

And no, no pics or videos. I don't have a mobile(cell).

I've spent about 10 minutes typing this so maybe pushed my luck, but anyone in the Pendle/West Yorkshire area, have a look out if you haven't already.

I'm in Colne. Which is just in the middle of Burnley and Keighley.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAmongstMen

hey there---I'm in Harrogate, North yorkshire, and there has been very active ufo action here recently.
The ufos we've seen are large bright orange lights that can hover for long periods and move erratically in any direction, no noise either !!
They then shrink back to a star size and just vanish

I'll keep a lookout tonight just in case--------

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
NATO military exercise Joint Warrior is currently buzzing the skies of Scotland & Northern England. Perhaps it's related to that ?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
NATO military exercise Joint Warrior is currently buzzing the skies of Scotland & Northern England. Perhaps it's related to that ?

Perhaps, but then it would still beg the question, just wtf kind of technology do our governments have? Because the UFOs I saw were making some pretty unexplainable movements. Atleast in regards to our supposed technological capabilities.

That could explain it though. There's also a military base just up the road from where I am, so it makes sense if NATO are on some sort of military exercise.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

hey there---I'm in Harrogate, North yorkshire, and there has been very active ufo action here recently.
The ufos we've seen are large bright orange lights that can hover for long periods and move erratically in any direction, no noise either !!
They then shrink back to a star size and just vanish

I'll keep a lookout tonight just in case--------

What I saw definately wasn't bright orange. It was black, I say black, the outline wasn't visible. But it had some incredible light formations. Red, white, blue, green, purple, orange, yellow. Making really crazy patterns. Almost like that film, close encounters.

Then after I observed the object for say 20 seconds, I noticed planes just popping up in the sky at will. Almost like they'd been flying with no lights on and decided to turn them back on

There was no noise in the sky though, so I'd imagine the planes themselfs were also quite far away. Hense why I posted here, as I'm sure others in the area will have got a glimpse if they were looking

Not sure how familiar you are with the area but they all seemed to be above the Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Halifax area. Like I said though I couldn't really put an accurate distance on them, just the 'direction' if you will.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Mind you, the Ministry of Defence has declared that most activity will occur within daylight hours, with only limited night time flying towards the end of the exercise (5th-23rd Oct). The aircraft flying are the usual Brit marques, Typhoon, Tornado, Harrier, Nimrod, Hawk ... with US & Canadian P3-Orions and French Bregeut Atlantic making up the rest. Most of the flying's being done out of RAF Kinloss and RAF Lossiemouth, some distance from where you are.

Armed Forces News

Incidentally, Poundland are now selling Chinese Lanterns for only a quid ... mention that in passing, I expect to see many more UFO reports over the UK in the run up to Hogmanay

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I know Todmorden quite well---it was the scene of a very famous ufo abduction a long time ago, so we check it out from time to time. It stands on ley lines as well I believe ??

with the ufo activity here in Harrogate, I've never seen any plane activity as well. I live close to Menwith Hill, so they must be totally aware of their activities, as Menwith know EVERYTHING

They could be futuristic military craft, but if they are then the technology has moved on to new levels----quantum springs to mind !!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala

Mind you, the Ministry of Defence has declared that most activity will occur within daylight hours, with only limited night time flying towards the end of the exercise (5th-23rd Oct). The aircraft flying are the usual Brit marques, Typhoon, Tornado, Harrier, Nimrod, Hawk ... with US & Canadian P3-Orions and French Bregeut Atlantic making up the rest. Most of the flying's being done out of RAF Kinloss and RAF Lossiemouth, some distance from where you are.

Armed Forces News

Incidentally, Poundland are now selling Chinese Lanterns for only a quid ... mention that in passing, I expect to see many more UFO reports over the UK in the run up to Hogmanay

Haha. I've lit a few chinese lanterns myself so I'm pretty familiar with them.

It's not that rare though to see the military flying overhead in my area. It was only last week I saw a fleet of those double helicopters. I say double helicopters as I'm too lazy to look up the proper name on the internet. You know, those long helicopters with 2 blades ontop that the military use.

Anyway I've just been back outside, not a plane in sight.

Definately something odd going on. An alien invasion or some super hi-tech aircraft being tested out.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I know Todmorden quite well---it was the scene of a very famous ufo abduction a long time ago, so we check it out from time to time. It stands on ley lines as well I believe ??

with the ufo activity here in Harrogate, I've never seen any plane activity as well. I live close to Menwith Hill, so they must be totally aware of their activities, as Menwith know EVERYTHING

They could be futuristic military craft, but if they are then the technology has moved on to new levels----quantum springs to mind !!

Menwith Hill, the giant golf ball place? Aha, didn't realise how close Harrogate was! Damn my geographical ignorance. I worked for a short time in Skipton, which as I've just learnt is just a few miles down from Harrogate.

Never heard of any abduction stories relating to Todmorden. Though maybe I have and brushed it off. A bit sad but I take alot of what's said in these parts with a grain of salt. There's alot of simple folk in the region.

Is your occupation hunting UFOs then? You said you check out Todmorden from time to time because of the reported abduction?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Cool.

Am in Hudds myself. May go out looking in a while

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

hey - im in trawden - didn't know there was someone so close on here! - I"ll keep my eyes peeled!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Ufo spotting unfortunately costs me money as it's purely a hobby.

I had'nt ever seen a ufo until this year but a few months ago it all changed and I've counted at least 16 of them so far !!!
Maybe our giant golfball neighbours at Menwith have something to do with it all eh ??
We get sick of being stopped up there for no reason by the private security firm they use !!
Winds em up though if you wear tin foil hats

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AltruisticNarcissist

hey - im in trawden - didn't know there was someone so close on here! - I"ll keep my eyes peeled!

Trawden? I was in Trawden last week. Eating Kangaroo at the Sun Inn... Don't ask

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hope you aren't seeing things and also hope Blondie here can get some video footage or photos if in fact what you are seeing is UFO activity...

Go get em blondie

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

LOL - Kagaroo?? - OK - I won't!

I haven't seen anything, is there still anything about? How long ago was the sighting, and in what direction?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Winds em up though if you wear tin foil hats

Sounds like a laugh lol!

I've only seen UFO's on 2 occasions. Which is tonight, and once about 3 years ago. Which got me into the whole UFO subject, and brought me here.

But I don't go UFO hunting so to speak which is probably why I've had less luck.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Weird.

I'm up north, too (in Cumbria).

The other week, as I was walking my dog across a field towards town, I saw a very, very bright orange, almost 'crucifix-like' object in the night sky. It must've been a few hundred feet up, and there was no wind at all. It's difficult to say how large it was, but I'd hazard a guess at around 10-15 feet across. With it flying relatively low, I could tell that it was moving upwards of maybe 30 miles per hour or more. Actually, as I watched it move further across town, it must've been doing at least double that, before it finally disappeared from sight.

A week earlier, a friend of mine had written on his Facebook status, "Bloody hell, did anyone see those lights pass over the pub? What were they?"

"Oh, those?," I replied jokingly.

"We're being watched."

Indeed.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Hope you aren't seeing things and also hope Blondie here can get some video footage or photos if in fact what you are seeing is UFO activity...

Go get em blondie

We're all seeing things Truth, and its all unexplained, which means we are witnessing UFO activity here in Yorkshire !!

The camera is ready-----bring on the action

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Off topic a little - and forgive me fellow mods - but its nice to know so many folks are local to me

ATS Yorkshire in da house! - we live in a historically active UFO hot spot - so if anything is seen we should share the info and try and corroborate each others sightings.

Could be the start of something good

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AltruisticNarcissist

LOL - Kagaroo?? - OK - I won't!

I haven't seen anything, is there still anything about? How long ago was the sighting, and in what direction?

It was almost exactly an hour ago. And it was roughly in your direction. If you stand outside your house, look at Colne, then turn about 150 degrees to your left, it was in that direction.

You know where all the resevoirs are just past Trawden? There's about 20 of them in the hills. Spread out in that direction, Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Trawden direction, from where I am.

But as I mentioned, they seemed to be pretty far away. So I'd guess behind Trawden, in relation to Colne.

Hope I'm not confusing you too much, I have a knack for explaining things in the most complexed and lengthy of ways lol.

Behind you mate, is the short anwser. Behind Trawden, and to your right a bit.

Also worth mentioning, I've been popping my head out of the window every now and then and haven't seen anything since. So that could be it for the night.

I'll definately keep you informed though. A damn shame you weren't online earlier, would have been great to have someone correlate what i saw!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join