It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coping with being ever so slightly awakened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's been several years now, that I've been ever so slightly awakened. Throughout this time period I've done a lot of self-growth, but much more still remains. I have an issue which may need to be addressed, but I don't even know how to start. I find myself just going in circles!

I have a problem with sheeple, like many people here on ATS. I have a problem "getting on with life", as people describe it. Many things seem incredibly pointless to pursue. Once, I was able to drown my sorrows with alcohol or herbals, but now I'm not interested in being numbed, and am just constantly thinking about various topics, and am very concerned.

I guess the main concern I have is that I'm 27 next week, and seem to just be shedding off my last few friends as I age. Conflicts in interests. They are interested in what I would consider petty and trivial. It goes both ways. They consider what I look into pointless, somewhat crazy, projections of insecurities, etc..

I'm just not so sure what is left to be done. I'm consumed trying to wake people up with data, yet they barely listen, if at all! I am somewhat insane in my attempts, but just can't comprehend not being interested in this stuff. Not seeing the value in this knowledge. I just can't stop while I am still breathing.

How do people allow themselves to enjoy petty things? Why? Especially considering the state of the globe as it is currently...how can people be so mind numb?!

I've tried telling myself various phrases to forgive the peoole for their willful ignorance, but to no longstanding success. It's really sad to say that while I once simply blamed the elite for the hell we have created on Earth, I now blame the people as well.

I blame people for looking the other way. For not having an interest. For not making the connections. For blindly following their leaders. I don't know what else to do. Isn't it because of their willful ignorance, that the elite have such potential to work with? Don't we give them their power through our consent?

I used to be such a compassionate soul...but that is long gone. I'm bitter and broken.

Where do I go from here?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think your problem is you allow others to dictate the way you feel. Why would you allow such a thing ??

Things only mean what you want them to here. Petty and trivial things to you might mean the world to others, afterall, it is the simply things that matter. Dont look to others to bring meaning to your life, forget about them, focus on yourself and what makes you happy.

Often times, Happyness is just a shift of perspective away. As bad as you think it is, ... it could always be much, much worse, ... there are so many people who would trade shoes with you in a second, ... focus on what you have, not on what you dont.

.... Losing friends is natural, ... they say as you get older, you dont have friends, just assholes you work with.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think you missed what is rite in front of you. It is about your own self discovery. I know what you are talking about.
I look at life and see there is really nothing here attainable in the physical world that I want. So many people get stuck in the physical and get lost there.

They fill their time with useless stuff, and get nowhere.

We are all on this path of life. We choose if we want to move past here.
People say depression is not being interested in things you used to be,
but it is not depression in this case. You are just on a path where you are ahead of most people.

I see people who are where I was 10 years ago. I see people who are ahead of me,lol

I think we need to shed this world in order to be content in the next one.
It is easy to get discouraged, but just remember that you are here so you can grow. We can do our best to shed some light on others and hope a seed takes place that causes others to "wake up" , or grow. That's all we can do.

Humanity will always be the same. No one will ever be at the same place in the same time, but what is time really anyway? It is all relative .

You are here now for a reason. There is more distraction now than there ever was. The world has become an intense place to be. Yet through this you have managed to grow, lift the blinders to what I call slavery of the world,
and remain free.

Do not get discouraged but continue with your journey. Do not try to end it, because you can never stop growing and learning, you just learn in a new way.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Throughout life we all go through cycles. We grow close to and apart from people, our tastes change, our cells re-generate and life continues on.

You will make new friends that, if they are not interested in what you are, they will at lease respect your thoughts on it.

I went through one such cycle recently. I'm 28 so I know where you are. I lost an entire group of friends but at the same time, made some great friends that don't act like four year old's on speed.
My old friends were entertaining but were influencing me badly (I grew a potty mouth around them) and, when it really counted, most of them weren't there for me.

Life changes... we grow... we move on. It happens.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hey, Unity.........

The way I see it .........well if you just show by your actions that you are different in mind than you used to be or even than your friends and they see this as positive, as in the fruits you bear are something that others will want then there will come a time that people may just ask you what is it about you that makes you different................And then they may also emulate the behavior and they themselves may seek to "wake up"

But if they see you as stressed out and unfulfilled then they will want no part of it.

Find peace in the small things and it will spill over...........allow your inner guidance to move you along.............don't force things, there is time, no hurry...............

Trust the process.................The journey...............

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Thanks for the reply, but I must admit, much of what you say is foreign to me. How could I not be influenced, both in thought and feeling, by other people? I don't think this is possible outside of being a psychopath!

People often use this phrase of "forget about other people", and "just focus on yourself". I can't even begin to comprehend such a statement! I've always been concerned with other people. Usually to the extent of not really caring what happens to myself in the process.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Keep you head up brother. That is the first thing you must do.
I find that sometimes it is hard to keep interested in the real world because once you have accepted or relegated it to a being a total lie, everything in it becomes unbearable.

I think this is unfair and harsh on both ones self and the reality we live in. Because there is so much to it that is not a lie or fake. Including people who do not share the same take on reality as you do.

What people consider the "truth" is intrinsic to the core of any person and differs just as much from one to another. To question that or offer a new version of this is not something one takes like a red pill in a Keanu Reeves movie. It takes time to digest, to dissolve and infuse itself into any large organisim- an organism like society. That also has a multitude of competing truths and dogma's that bombard people daily.

I notice that sometimes the internet becomes the only real world for people, where real "truth" is to be found, along with those that also know it, or share a belief in that truth. Therefor the virtual world of conspiracy, the subversive abstract groups we discuss with hidden aganda's etc, were we reinforce the acceptance that the actual world you physically live in is fake, full of sheeple and a lie becomes the only truth for you to trust, but is this right?
I think not and thee need to be a balance.

What ever you do though, don't lose those you love, that surround you. Accept that what they have as the truth is different to yours, and hopefully they will do the same for you.
Trying to "convert" anyone to your "truth" comes with risks.

Find a balance between the world you accept and the one that pains you to see others accepting. That is what I do.
But don't give up brother. Be patient.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
As I can see in your signature you aware of the paradox. But it seems that you have a problem accepting it. Am I totally off-track here?

Your nickname, union emissions. It seems like you are focusing a lot more on the emissions then on the union, don't you think?

You need to realize that we are entirely responsible for our entire situation, which is equivalent to our perspective of the world. If we see a problem, the problem is surely with us. Because there is nothing else. There is no "other", no enemy. All there is is us. You. Me. Two things but one. Other and enemy is ego dualistic perspective of the world. A self-made trap or barrier which serves as a tool for learning and survival.

Acceptance is an important lesson. This is what we have and look how it is awesome and incredible, full of mysteries and possibilities. Realize how grateful you are. Realize the unique opportunity that made you be exactly who, what, where you are.

Compassion goes with this. Compassion towards the ignorant. Learn to love and appreciate every single thing because appreciation and love are only real and significant when integral. Forgive them, father, they don't know what they are doing. "Can you not see how everything is just perfect?" - said the Hindu monk in the middle of a slum with kids dying of starvation and malnutrition.

Well, sorry if I got carried away.

I hope any of what I wrote helps you.
Please correct me if you think that my perceptions are inaccurate or incomplete in any way you can think of.
I never know if I'm saying something useful or just blabbering out of excitement.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ok first off, don't kill yourself over trying to get people to understand your views. It rarely works, and I think they would feel like you're trying to push yourself onto them, in their world as they see it.

An example is I'm not religious, so if anyone that is religious trys to push religion me, I am immeditaly offended, and will either tone it all completely out or debate vigiously with them. But we all now where that leds, even if they think in their heads "that guy has a good point." They will never admit it because people don't like to admit they were wrong on on such big issues. I wouldn't want to have lived a lie on that grand of scale. We probably are living a lie, but it doesn't feel like it so much since being awake.

I feel for you though becuase I have explained in great detail to my friends and family what its like to be awake or whatever you want to call it. I tell them news from this site they would never hear about. They're interested but have never began to do the reasearch themselves, and after I've left their presence they go about their merry little ways. But when ever I see them they ask me about it and I tell them, and thats about as far as they will take it. Friends are just people you trust, dont lose them.

If you can't get it out of your head maybe you should write it all down. You know physically get it all out of there. Maybe you'll have some good ideas and make a book.

You can either be the next Kennedy or Obama and really try to change the world and show everyone the truth, or you can just try to zone out from it every once it awhile and not get so overwhelmed. I guess thats just my sentiment sense becuase I am in the middle of zone. Watching sports and relaxing, Yet i am still on here doh

I hope some of that made sense and helped.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The sheeple will not realize what you are trying to tell them before something big happens. Something that will change their way of living. This has been said over and over here on ATS, and I know that.

I have tried to wake up many sheeple myself and found it to be hard. The only thing that works for me is to tell people very carefully. If you try to explain how crazy the world has become, or if you tell too much at once, they will think you are mental. As long as they get to buy their food and watch TV, they will be happy.

My latest wake-up-strategy is to use, celebrities! Believe it or not, but it has worked for me. So many people are obsessed with rich and famous people. If a rich and famous person are doing it, it has to be good

I have tried to tell about 9/11 to my family and friends without any response. Once i told about Charlie Sheen and 9/11, it's been easier. Now at least some of them are watching his videos on youtube about 9/11

I'm not sure how to present all the other stuff yet but once they become just a little awakened first, it should be easier to explain the rest later. I will probably show them The Obama Deception next.

I was myself awakened by watching a 9/11 documentary. And after that I found out more and more. No live person tried to wake me up. I did it all by myself from using the internet.

Maybe you also should try to use a different approach.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
ODI PROFANUM VULGUS ET ARCEO.
FAVETE LINGUIS. CARMINA NON PRIUS
AUDITA MUSAREM SACERDOS
VIRGINIBUS PUERISQUE CANTO:

(Horace: Odes.)

I hate and shun the vulgar crowd.
Govern your tongues!
I, the priest of the Muses,
sing songs never before heard
to boys and maidens.

When you are coming along as a soul you will often want to tell the vulgar masses: just shut up! It is rather your duty to lead them on, to give them a hint of those songs never before heard.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by godspetrat]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

How do people allow themselves to enjoy petty things?

Fear not. After you take a break to enjoy something, the NWO, aliens, and starving children in Africa will all still be there. There's nothing wrong with enjoying things, even if they're petty.

I blame people for looking the other way. For not
having an interest. For not making the connections.

Why? Do you also blame your cat for not taking an interest in calculus?

I'm bitter and broken.
Where do I go from here?

Don't worry about other people for a while. Take care of you.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I read this thread several times before I decided to reply.
I was on the fence whether it's my place to tell anyone what I think about this, because it's my struggle as well, as well as every other human being's.
We all have to find our own way, and that way often conflicts with other people, if we allow it to.
You have to realize, that at one point in your life, something happened that made you have an epiphany.
Be it something terrible or something refreshing.
It's rarer still to have come into this world with the awareness you have now.

My point being, every human being on the face of the planet is aware that they exist.
The only difference is the degree to which they are conscious.

Everyone lives in what I like to call their own little "micro realities".
They may or may not coincide with yours.
Yes, you to are living in this bubble.
We all are to one point or another.
That is apparent by how you are describing how you feel.
I know this feeling.
So do a lot of people.
You feel isolated, and as if no one can hear you even though you are screaming at the top of your lungs.
The question to ask is how many other people have been in that very same predicament?
How many people just gave up, like it sounds that you want to?
As the saying goes, "some one can show you the door, you have to walk through".

No one is going to listen, especially when you talk "at" them instead of "to" them.
I don't know if that's what you are doing but it sounds like it.
You cannot preach, explain, dictate, or tell anyone anything.
By default they will fight it.
No one wants to feel stupid and like it or not, they will feel that way when you tell them how aware you are and how aware they are not.

Look at it from a network marketing standpoint.
Pique their interest, by giving out a tidbit.
Act as if you don't really want to gt into it, and when they ask for more info, give them tiny bits, and encourage them to come back for more.
Word your information like a question and allow them to answer them, so they feel like they are discovering on their own.
They will appreciate that.
If they are having trouble, guide them, don't cam it down their gullets, or blow the point early on.
Let "them" elaborate and tell you their stories and opinions. Encourage it.
The point is, if you are full of crap, they are going to know or find out anyways, so make sure you have your info straight.

When they do come back, never give them more than they can handle in one shot.
Don't blow their mind so to speak.
If you do this correctly they will find things out on their own, and that's the point.

Most importantly, who ever told you it was your mission to enlighten people in the first place.
In the process, you are going to learn things about yourself, so share them and allow others to share what they've learned with you.

A truly intelligent person is never going to admit it, or allow it to be implied.
Enlightenment is a life long process, and until you die, it should be shared with those around you.

You don't have to go into tirades either.
Sometimes, just bringing the friends or family on an outing, can be a more enlightening experience than anything else.
Encourage simple things, like coming over for a BBQ, etc...
You will find you have much more success, providing you get to know someone more intimately first.

[edit on 10/10/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I feel for you and can totally relate. I have just come to accept that people will accept the Truth when they are ready--kind of like the adage, 'when the student is ready, the teacher will appear'. That's what happened to me. I was so overwhelmed in the beginning (and still am to an extent). Most people around here do not want to accept what is (right now) my reality which will eventually be their reality too. I just take comfort in the hope that when they finally awaken and are confused like everyone is in the beginning that they'll know that I'll understand and be willing to listen and pass on what I've learned. Sometimes I think that there are people who do understand but who do not want to see it. Maybe they don't want to see it because it's too uncomfortable, and most people do not want to change or are too fearful to go against the grain for fear of being labeled weird or crazy. Keep your head up. You never know when you'll be called upon for guidance. You'll probably be the first one that your friends call.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You are here just at the right time, for very good reason.

I don't know if you're into following the whole 2012 thing as a revolution in consciousness. But regardless, there is truth to it. We are in the middle of a massive change in the world right now. There are lots of people that feel, similarly to yourself, myself included, that what many/most people do/think/feel today is "wrong" and there needs to be a restructuring of society to fit a higher way.

The economy is going to collapse, there is going to be military and political trouble, and we need people to be pissed off about it, and to be around when the time is right to make the necessary changes. We are here specifically to see to it that a full transition is made.

I have been losing friends lately, as well. People that I have known for a long time, but we are different and are separating to go different ways. I have also been meeting new friends that share more sentiments with myself. I have heard similar stories from others as well and suspect this is common and natural for what is going on.

All in all I would say nothing is wrong with you, rather something is wrong with most of the rest of the world, and you're here to bring the good news. Just don't get too preachy lest we seem like a cult.

Btw, finding sanctuary in the creator, the source, the good things in the universe, whatever you put your stock in, will ease personal suffering. Sacrifice all your sorrow to the Earth, to the Sun, to God, to whomever or whatever is necessary, whether it be a concept, ideal, belief, what have you. Seeking more spiritual understanding relieves your pain. I have a hard time bringing messages to others while simultaneously pursuing higher knowledge myself though. I have to go off and find some personal time before returning to the grind.

I once had a powerful vision as I was drifting in and out of sleep: we are perpetually re-uniting and re-separating from the source, the creator. We are NEVER apart from it. The universe flashes on-and-off like infinitely fast frames, and every time, our entire being re-connects to the All, and we exchange information with it, it with us, and every moment is informed of every other moment of all time and space. This is the ultimate source of strength for anyone pursuing spirituality. It's the ultimate battery charger. When Neo merges with the "source code" in the Matrix, after he meets the Architect, he bursts back into reality with a storm of fire following him. This is symbolism of reconnecting to the source. It's always with us; it IS us. It's inexhaustible.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Rarely do I find threads that resonate with me on such a deep level, im soon to be 19, (Dec) and I find myself at a loss for direction. I see the world as it is and it incites a spectrum of emotions and thoughts, I'm frustrated and fed up with the system and how it is and want to devote as much energy and life and manpower I can into something WORTH WHILE. Something that will mean something in the end. I find that this has been my area of interest since I can remember, truth. I find myself compelled towards subjects that once I delve into I find myself submersed in an array of information that the 'common-man' would care less about. Truth, justice, honor, integrity, I sat back and watched these values amongst many others dissolve away as I was growing up, despite my best efforts to bring such morals to light through demonstration. Recently after a personal event in my life that I'm not sure what to call it. I've always been 'awake' in regards to understanding everything is not always as it is but I found myself writing one day and it just poured out life. I came to an understanding of sorts to what I am still unaware fully. I don't think it is something I will ever be able to fully grasp but it brings me serenity and peace and a clear mind. But emotionally is still up to the day to day, and at the moment I find myself disenfranchised and almost stuck as to where I can put my efforts to really DO something, Recently after this understanding I began affirming that I would indeed change the world, how or when I know not but I will do it as long as I draw breath. I find myself immersed in a sea of thoughts recently that are frustrating to say the least.
Hmm. Sorry for that WALL-o-TEXT

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Unity,
Only when you take care of yourself properly can you take care
of others the way you want to. Its neccesary therefore!
You are a giver. God bless you for that.

Do what makes you happy, you are the one who has to live with yourself!

Dont worry, you wont lose yourself in the process, just all part of life.

This comes from years of experience down a path similar to yours.
Good thread! Many great posts!
Thank you everyone!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I'm half asleep and will come back and write something that deserves far more thought, feeling, and compassion than I can spend right now.

Everything you wrote in your OP rings true to me as well. I'll be in touch =)

By the way, ever been called a Bodhisattva?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I dont know about this friends thing. There are good friends out there to be had, but when you find yourself changing a lot, its difficult to keep friends who doesnt change with you. Its why most long term relationships fail. People simply wake up one morning and wonder why they are with this person who doesnt get them anymore.

Since most people my own age dont have time to think about the world (they have careers and a family with kids), they are not that interesting to be around for me. Perhaps its the same for you.

I dont exactly blame the people because they were born with their parents running in the money wheel and its the only way they know. Its what we call a normal life today. To change people, you have to change society so they get time to think. The only reason Im here reading this forum is because I dont have a family. Otherwise I wouldnt have time. So therein lies the problem. People are simply too preoccupied.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

It can be so incredibly frustrating once things *just* start to make sense.

Seeing the world for what it really is and people for the amazing potential we possess and then looking around at everyone blindly stumbling through life, barely awake.

I'm feeling the same as you brother. The one consolation I can take away is that awakening brings with it the understanding that we are all immortal souls and that 'reality' consists of things far beyond our ability to sense or comprehend.

The best we can do is to gently guide, to teach, to understand and to love our neighbors.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join