It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coping with being ever so slightly awakened

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Thanks for the reply, but I must admit, much of what you say is foreign to me. How could I not be influenced, both in thought and feeling, by other people? I don't think this is possible outside of being a psychopath!

People often use this phrase of "forget about other people", and "just focus on yourself". I can't even begin to comprehend such a statement! I've always been concerned with other people. Usually to the extent of not really caring what happens to myself in the process.

Hey unity, maybe an easier way to express your thoughts to others is by finding someone who is interested in the same things you are. For example, my friend nick can't stand it when I talk about UFO's, 9/11, all that stuff. I'm sure he thinks I'm a pyscho!!

But my friend hunter loves conspiracy theories. sometimes we'll stay up all night smoking fine marijuana and talk about all sorts of paranormal/conspiracy subjects. So if you really want connect, get out there, meet some people who WANT to talk with you. Hell, I'll talk to you!

Love & Peace brother!
Omni

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Just wanted to thank everyone for the posts!

To the OP, you can never go back unfortunately.

Sometimes it may just be better to stay asleep......

Is that wrong to think?
That maybe it would be better to not have a clue at all.
Just run hell bent for leather, so to speak.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"Where do I go from here? "

We have to accept that we don't need other people to live, think, etc.

We must ban all ideology, you know communism, integrism ? "collective goal" in democracy ? ( that we don't even think about really, so there is no choice)

>> What is a society ?

What is freedom ? What is democracy ?

Democracy ? Power to the people ?

Where ?
WHen ?

Here and now.

If you want to be free, it is NOW. At this exact moment.
Not later, not tomorrow, or in ten years.

Now.

I you don't need freedom, find your way for your child, they will need to be free.

Does freedom mean to be rich ? No, it mean to have no need of the others.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
To be awake and aware when friends and family are not.. is always going to be fustrating and painful. Our reality is changing rapidly, stick to your beliefs, if they are pure and of the light and truth the universe will prove you right over and over. Soon (within the next few months) people will start to understand that you are not crazy. = )

If you ever need someone to really talk to, let me know.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I Woke suddenly and profoundly July '08. From agnostic/atheist caught up in the game to Spirit Light Being in an instant! It happened after 3 days without sleep vigiling over my dying grandmother.

I immediately started proselytizing about the grand Oneness, Infinite Awareness, the Mind of God, the IS that filled me that instant. I was on the path of the Bodhisattva Being such a profound and sudden change, it only took one short month before my friends and family turned their backs. It was fantastic how fast it happened. In reflection I scared the hell out of them. That is not how a Bodhisattva reaches the sleeping. That is the fine line we walk every time we attempt to communicate to the sleeping their own perfection. Sheeple don't like the idea that they are not their labels and things, that what they think is nothing but an illusion or false reality. Then throw in feeding the sheeple conspiracies against humanity and we spike fear in them again. We must also ask ourselves, the Awake, why is it important to wake the sleeping? Is this a sign that we have something to learn? “The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” - Richard Bach

The Truth is we see what we want to see. We feel what we want to feel. Nothing happens to us without our consent. As Awake beings, the masters, we must ”Imagine the universe as beautiful and just and perfect, then be sure of one thing: the IS has imagined it quite a bit better than you.” - Richard Bach. So in other words, when we see pain, fear, the sleeping, we are seeing aspects of ourselves. There is only One of us here after all.
In Lak'esh (You are another me)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You are very right Bluejay, ignorance is bliss. A major error was the removal of philosophy (wisdom) from other subjects in our education system. It was turned into a trivial fringe topic, whereas in the past philosophy was intertwined with subjects like science, economics and literature. Now the big picture is not considered, and a plethora of problems result such as the destruction of culture, human rights violations, environmental destruction and the economic crash. And future problems are created, such as what do we do when we run out of resources to fuel a system of limitless growth? Children are now taught to become ignorant, financially driven consumers, instead of wise, ethical, and aware citizens.

Unity, I also struggle with feelings of being disconnected from the insanity of this society that is consumed by frivolous nonsense and appears bent on self-destruction. However, there is not much point being angry at the unaware. Remember, we were once them. It is in some ways not their fault, is it all they have ever known.
I don't have any real answers for you, but some of the things that have helped me to feel more balanced and connected are:
Reading philosophy. (Hermann Hess -Siddhartha among other books, Albert Schweitzer -Reverance for Life, he was thinking about these things long before we were born, William Mcdonough -Design, Ecology, Ethics and the Making of Things, he is putting wisdom into real life practice.)
Seeking out other people who share my view of things.
Setting goals for myself to lead by example.
And most important, spending time in nature.

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Unity, I'm right there with you buddy. I turn 29 in a few days and I, like you, find myself having less and less in common with most of my very best friends - and for much the same reason I think. The trick is to remember that despite our dreams and ideas of a far better world we still have to live here. The "awakening" or whatever we want to call it does not need to happen quickly or over night - such a paradigme shift would be devistating to say the least. I know how much you want to stand on the corner of the street and proclaim what you know, believe in and love. Don't do that. Instead, find ways to introduce it in subtle ways - in conversation, deed and motto. Tailor it for the current vernacular. I bet your best friends can't speak or read ancient greek - but since you can, translate it for them in simple forms and in time, they'll be able to read and speak it too. I appologize for the over-simplification but I thought it was useful.
Alot of people think that this "shift" is imminent - if it is, don't berate yourself for not being able to reach everyone you can. It's not all up to you. Jesus says, ""He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" (Matthew 11:15). Now, I'm not christian but there is no denying that Jesus was a part of this awakening - just like everyother avatar of the divine. Touch the people who you can - let those who will listen to you listen and hope that those who do not or will not hear you eventually listen to someone like you.

In the meantime - watch some TV. Like I said, we still live here and there is no harm in a little mindless entertainment.

many blessings,
Wiki

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
You need to realize that we are entirely responsible for our entire situation, which is equivalent to our perspective of the world. If we see a problem, the problem is surely with us. Because there is nothing else. There is no "other", no enemy. All there is is us. You. Me. Two things but one. Other and enemy is ego dualistic perspective of the world. A self-made trap or barrier which serves as a tool for learning and survival.

I don't agree that we're responsible for our life situation. I find this to be new-age bs. If people don't see problems in THE world, they are naive. Ya know, I've heard this whole, "there is no other" thing for years. It's incredibly disgusting to me at this point. Tell me theirs no enemy when someone puts a gun to your face. If you choose to deny reality that's your thing, but not mine.

If this spiritual perspective serves as a means to "teach" people that all is well in this hell-hole, I want nothing of it. Why would someone condition their-selves into such stupidity?!

Forgive the harshness, I simply disagree strongly.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I don't agree that we're responsible for our life situation. I find this to be new-age bs. If people don't see problems in THE world, they are naive

You don't feel as though you have any personal responsibility at all as far as how you experience your world?

Of course there is violence, hate, all of that. There is plenty of love and peace out there, too. The choice you have to make, is where do you fit into it all? You make this decision by your actions, attitudes, ideals.

Tell me theirs no enemy when someone puts a gun to your face.

If someone is sticking a gun in your face, you must be "the enemy" too... I can't say I wouldn't make an attempt to defend myself in that situation, even if it meant killing the aggressor, but it's one of those "fight fire with fire" situations and I would personally rather avoid such a situation altogether. If the other person felt the same way I would, there would never be a problem. It's because one person doesn't hold themselves up to the ideals that we all have to suffer. And this will be the case until everyone DOES make a higher decision on their part, not even to join any military. Until then, it takes so much strength just to wait for it. Lifetimes. Millenia. I prefer to wait amongst like-minded people and do my part to put pressure on those who haven't chose love...

If this spiritual perspective serves as a means to "teach" people that all is well in this hell-hole, I want nothing of it. Why would someone condition their-selves into such stupidity?!

Why would someone want to condition themselves to see their world in a positive light?

Well, frankly, to avoid the turmoil you choose to put yourself through.

It doesn't really hinder me in any way, as far as any of the things I am able to do. I can still do everything I used to be able to -- only I feel more personally empowered, that I have taken more personal responsibility for my life and how I think and feel here. When you change your head, the "external world" doesn't change, but then again, the "external world" does not really exist. Or at least there is no possible way YOU can actually experience it. It really makes absolutely no difference. Except to you. Which may be a world of difference. Who knows.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I don't agree that we're responsible for our life situation. I find this to be new-age bs. If people don't see problems in THE world, they are naive

You don't feel as though you have any personal responsibility at all as far as how you experience your world?

Of course there is violence, hate, all of that. There is plenty of love and peace out there, too. The choice you have to make, is where do you fit into it all? You make this decision by your actions, attitudes, ideals.

Tell me theirs no enemy when someone puts a gun to your face.

If someone is sticking a gun in your face, you must be "the enemy" too... I can't say I wouldn't make an attempt to defend myself in that situation, even if it meant killing the aggressor, but it's one of those "fight fire with fire" situations and I would personally rather avoid such a situation altogether. If the other person felt the same way I would, there would never be a problem. It's because one person doesn't hold themselves up to the ideals that we all have to suffer. And this will be the case until everyone DOES make a higher decision on their part, not even to join any military. Until then, it takes so much strength just to wait for it. Lifetimes. Millenia. I prefer to wait amongst like-minded people and do my part to put pressure on those who haven't chose love...

Why would someone want to condition themselves to see their world in a positive light?

Well, frankly, to avoid the turmoil you choose to put yourself through.

It doesn't really hinder me in any way, as far as any of the things I am able to do. I can still do everything I used to be able to -- only I feel more personally empowered, that I have taken more personal responsibility for my life and how I think and feel here. When you change your head, the "external world" doesn't change, but then again, the "external world" does not really exist. Or at least there is no possible way YOU can actually experience it. It really makes absolutely no difference. Except to you. Which may be a world of difference. Who knows.

Hmm...much assumptions here. Allow me to clarify.

Of course I think people have personal responsibility in the world. It's just that it's not entirely someones choice, what they encounter, and what perspective they arrive at from these encounters.

I think we're seeing things quite differently. It's not about me! Why can't people understand this?! It's not that I feel I can't do things, or be happy. I simply think it unconscientious to allow myself being happy when so many suffer. Does this not make sense?! I find this "love" to be a hindrance in progression, actually.

Take the American government. If people choose to be aware, and funnel their anger into action, the tyranny would be long over. Yet, people take this, "all is well", nothing to do type of attitude. It's nonsense!

What would make you think the external world doesn't exist?! Are you insane! Of course we don't accurately see everything in the world. That's a given. This doesn't mean that things are not real. Just because people have different perspectives, doesn't mean things aren't out there. What is it that we are sensing? If you choose to call it energy, fine. This energy does effect people. People do bleed. Wars do happen, etc..

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Also, even a toddler could understand that seeing the world in a positive light is going to bring happiness to the individual. Duh! It's just that, for real, it's not about me. How is this so hard for people to comprehend?! Seeing the world in a positive light right now, is a disservice to myself, and those who are suffering. All is not well on this planet, and people need to man up and do something about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Take the American government. If people choose to be aware, and funnel their anger into action, the tyranny would be long over. Yet, people take this, "all is well", nothing to do type of attitude. It's nonsense!

I have actually done a lot to fight "the system" personally, I just haven't given myself up to be a full-time martyr so as to quickly end up in prison... But you would be surprised how a novel attitude in a situation such as a run-in with the law, can really affect even how the police think of their jobs and what they are doing to people. Whereas taking a more pessimistic stance and playing the victim only makes the cops feel justified in what they already assumed about you. Just as an example. I am very frustrated by peoples' attitudes as well, it's just a difference of how we are dealing with it.

What would make you think the external world doesn't exist?!

Because it is purely an abstract concept to you, and you have no experience of it whatsoever.

Everything you have experienced in your entire life has all been within your body. Even now, as you read this, you are only experiencing your own body. You only experience your own thoughts, feelings, senses, perceptions of this "external world" that are really only shadows of "it" and never the "real thing," ie the actual source of the physical stimuli. Who is to say anything about the "true nature" of the "reality" that is generating these stimuli? It remains a mystery to all of us.

We can't see, hear, or otherwise experience most of the physical universe at all.... That's a fact of biology/physics.

Also, even a toddler could understand that seeing the world in a positive light is going to bring happiness to the individual. Duh! It's just that, for real, it's not about me. How is this so hard for people to comprehend?! Seeing the world in a positive light right now, is a disservice to myself, and those who are suffering.

I disagree. By making yourself miserable, you are doing a service to no one. In fact, you are just making more work for the positive people who are trying to uplift humanity. You actually do need to take care of yourself first, which is really just taking care of your body and mind, before you start worrying about how to help others. That is why you must find happiness within yourself first. Or else there is not really anything you can do for anyone else that is not superficial and temporary. And whenever you feel put-off, even when you are helping others, you need to take time out to help yourself again first.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

More mumbo jumbo, I see. Listen, if THE (not mine) external world didn't exist for us all to get our stimuli from, we wouldn't be able to communicate in the least. It's only because there is objective reality out there that we all can. I am fully aware that we recreate our own little worlds in our minds. This in no way discounts the fact that things do in fact exist on this level of reality. Not in the slightest. You're just fooling yourself.

If I am to care, sadness will follow. In caring, and being sad, I bring awareness to the issue (if only in my mind). This awareness over time may lead to a connection which may help people out. By simply being naive, and remaining happy, I take my awareness from tragedies that are occuring all over the world.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

More mumbo jumbo, I see. Listen, if THE (not mine) external world didn't exist for us all to get our stimuli from, we wouldn't be able to communicate in the least.

Who cares that we seem to be communicating? As far as either one of us are aware, we are bickering over something completely petty and with no relevance whatsoever to "true reality" and how it operates. Like two dogs yapping at each other, seeing the world in black and white, not having the faintest conception of what else there is. We are really not so much different from animals, you and I.

It's only because there is objective reality out there that we all can.

"Objective reality" is another abstract term. I have read whole books about this, and unavoidable subjectivity is a very real problem for everyone from psychologists to quantum physicists. The only people who don't have trouble pushing subjectivity aside to justify their views are the ones who are not "in" on the implications of the discoveries in these sciences. There is no "objective reality" without an observer. Ever. It is very simple but very hard to come to grips with for some people. Me, I don't really give a damn... ::shrug::

I am fully aware that we recreate our own little worlds in our minds. This in no way discounts the fact that things do in fact exist on this level of reality. Not in the slightest. You're just fooling yourself.

Certainly things exist, but never without a subject. You are just refusing to accept the relevance of your own perception upon your reality. When really, your perception is THE key to your entire experience of reality.

I don't really care to argue about this. I would rather emphasize the fact that YES, you do need to take care of yourself, even if you think you are just fine the way you are. It isn't being selfish. I used to think I could only be unselfish by helping others as well, but that isn't the case. Sometimes helping yourself is the best thing you can do for others. Actually I think helping yourself develop is always beneficial to the rest of humanity. I can't think of a single example where this would not be the case. If you are really doing something selfish, then you are not truly helping yourself anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Because it is purely an abstract concept to you, and you have no experience of it whatsoever.

Everything you have experienced in your entire life has all been within your body. Even now, as you read this, you are only experiencing your own body. You only experience your own thoughts, feelings, senses, perceptions of this "external world" that are really only shadows of "it" and never the "real thing," ie the actual source of the physical stimuli. Who is to say anything about the "true nature" of the "reality" that is generating these stimuli? It remains a mystery to all of us.

We can't see, hear, or otherwise experience most of the physical universe at all.... That's a fact of biology/physics.

What?! Do we not see, hear, taste, smell, and feel based on our experience of the physical universe? Have you truly gone mad?! I understand that we never fully come into contact with anything. This means NOTHING! We do exchange energy, receive energy, transmit energy, etc..Our senses are of no use without physical reality! You are terribly confused. I'm afraid you have bought into a bunch of nonsense!

What you say is not scientific in the least. Sorry.

Okay, allow me to indulge your perspective. You say everything we experience is within our body. Okay, I'll bite. Isn't what we experience in our body/mind, at least in part, a product of what we sense outside of our body/mind? Doesn't this have bearing on how we perceive the world?

If a man was born without eyes, ears, a sense of touch, taste, or smell, would he perceive a world for him to experience?!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
STAR & FLAG!!!!

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN! I too, (albeit at 37), recently found my self 'somewhat' awaken, (hence the name
), to the world around me and found that the world I had been told to believe was not the world I found myself living in.

It took a long time to begin to 'connect the dots' of what I was seeing vs. what I was being told to believe.

Kudos to having the courage to stand up, say something, and pursue the knowledge! I too find myself on a pilgrimage of knowledge and will not stop in my pursuits until I find the truth no matter how much it scares, confuses, or upsets me.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

What?! Do we not see, hear, taste, smell, and feel based on our experience of the physical universe? Have you truly gone mad?!

Wow, now let's get emotional about it.

Yes, I'm crazy. Really, if you ever experienced being inside of my head, you would agree with me. But now I'm rectifying it by leaving you in your misery.

Okay, allow me to indulge your perspective. You say everything we experience is within our body. Okay, I'll bite. Isn't what we experience in our body/mind, at least in part, a product of what we sense outside of our body/mind? Doesn't this have bearing on how we perceive the world?

What makes you think I would know the answer to this any better than yourself or any other human being upon the face of the Earth? None of us have experienced the world "objectively." Not ONCE. Never without our senses. There is no such thing as a world without a subject.

Everything is consciousness. When you realize that, things will make more sense. But for now, like I said, I have said my piece and I find no use in being called names.

If a man was born without eyes, ears, a sense of touch, taste, or smell, would he perceive a world for him to experience?!

This is what you do every night when you dream. Except this thing is never born and never dies; that is what bodies do.

Take it easy.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

People often use this phrase of "forget about other people", and "just focus on yourself". I can't even begin to comprehend such a statement! I've always been concerned with other people. Usually to the extent of not really caring what happens to myself in the process.

Remember we all have a different journey.
No one has the same journey.
Yours is to be awake and present.
But others may not have that particular journey at this time.
If people want information - give it to them.
If they don't want the information. Wish them well anyway.
But allow them their journey.
It may look ridiculous to us -
but it's just who they are at this point in time -
and it's ok.
Your job is to love them regardless.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I just find it a bit absurd that people choose to deny physical reality! I mean, yes it's just condensed energy. Agreed. We perceive it to be solid, yet it's not. Agreed. We never come into direct contact with anything. Agreed. There is no physical reality outside of our mind.....What?!

Is this condensed energy, which we perceive to be solid, not what we choose to term physical reality? I'm not saying this is all of reality. I know better, but it's what we can sense and work with here in this life. It's our physical reality, as physical beings!

Would you agree with me if I were to replace the term "physical reality" with "condensed energy" in all of my statements? Would it make the slightest difference in what I said?

My question is, why on earth would someone choose to fool theirselves into removing this concept of physical reality. How could this possible benefit them?! I can see it bringing about a coping mechanism towards dealing with the world, but no real change. I just see this as a self-denial.

So in your mind, this energy which is everywhere, does not choose to organize and condense into what we perceive to be physical reality, without our direct observation?!

There is no scientific proof that shows this. Mystics believe it. Quantum physicists believe it, but as of yet there is no compelling evidence which states this is in fact going on, and we can now conclude it is a law of the universe.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
well i used to think a bit like that - like - why cant people SEE things? how can people be so BLIND? to what is obvious to me. like leaders who to me, i can just tell what theyre like by looking at them.

Also, to me, it seems my intuition just TELLS me what's true or not or how to proceed when i get conflicting info about health/cancer cures/politicians etc. Where as some people seem not to be able to tell if something they're reading - wherever it is written - and whoever by - is a lie or is the truth.

i have come to realise that people arent willfully ignoring this stuff. they really CANT SEE what is staring them in the face.
therefore how can you blame them?
there is some deficiency in many humans to be able to make judgements about information tehy are presented with; some lack of INTUITION or INSIGHT.
therefore its not really their fault, if they cant see it, so what can you do?

the world's in a terrible state; but it seems humans cannot figure out what the problem is; altho some can. i think the only solution is to keep trying to get thru to people even tho its really frustrating.

yeah; with losing friends; i make an effort to keep some on standby and to go out with them occasionally even if i really may think they are a bit silly or frivolous; because its good to be around people from time to time and if they are this way, they probly cant help it or dont know better. also they may have a lot of good qualities that make up for annoying ones. its good to have some friends - i went thru depression for years and lost all my friends - i wud not recommend that; its a very lonely experience.

also ive changed my views on a lot of things like diet/healthcare etc relatively recently. so if i can change, others can too. if they can be made to see the value in it.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join