It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think I just puked a little in my mouth when I read this. Nobel Prize for Obama. I guess bending over and kissing the rest of the world's ass pays dividends to the man behind the lips.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by Skyfloating

The single person Obama is not the "cause of debt". National Debt is caused by numerous factors, millions of factors indeed.

Really? Between him and Bush I don't see anyone else that signed all those bills. Congress did not by-pass them on a veto.
They are the last approval signature on all that Debt.

I'll tell you what. Next time I sign for a system on an airplane, it breaks due to bad design and crashes, I'll use the same lame excuse.

It does not wash. You sign for responsibility, it's not an autograph session.

Too true.

It used to be that "the buck stops here."

Now it's, "the buck stopped over there. Or over here, or somewhere out there. . . "

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Really? Between him and Bush I don't see anyone else that signed all those bills. Congress did not by-pass them on a veto.
They are the last approval signature on all that Debt.

The President is one of the factors involved in National Debt. But there are other factors. One of them is how the rest of the world is doing. Another factor is the populace itself. The Government is a reflection of the populace.

Every Jim, Johnny and Mary is maxed out on their credit cards and blame the Government for being in debt...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Also, winning the prize is not only about what you DO but about what you ARE, what you represent.

Would that go back to his statement that he is who he surrounds himself with?

Really????

What a joke.

link   
The elite and their practices...mehhh. Most see right through them now. They truly are in their own little world which unfortunately encroaches on all of ours.

Anyways, what an absolute joke.

link   
If he was awarded the Prize in an effort to boost his agenda, as an earlier poster stated, I'm concerned it may backfire. It seems the whole world is slightly mystified by the award, as the news pundits and such are very busy qualifying and explaining.

It seems more likely to diminish his authenticity a bit and give him a fool's gold kind of luster.

I bet he is none too comfortable with this and I'm interested in his comments on it. His spokespeople are already saying it was a surprise. He will make a comment at 10:30 am.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So no one has to do anything except make pretty far left wing speeches, make promises that can't be followed through with, be a racist, be a proven liar, and hypnotize the world into believing election rhetoric??

Don't forget being a supporter of infanticide

Remember, Obama while a Senator in Chicago, blocked the Born Alive Infant Protection Act. www.citizenlink.org...

link   
ok...i have been warned 4 times by staff for what i have said on this thread....so...i apologize to all the republicans here, you have brought up valuable information, that i have disregarded by using language unexceptable to the decorum of the T&C's of ATS.

link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Oh, I am not disagreeing with you on that.
But, I believe the buck stops at the top. You were speaking of National Debt. Had things been left alone to correct themselves, we would not have the Debt we have now.

It would have been better in the long run had Bush and Obama kept from trying to save what was not theirs to do so.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I bet he is none too comfortable with this

Thats a great observation. At this point in time he cant be too happy with it because it raises the bar of expectation even higher than he has been able to cope with up to now.

link   
I, and the rest of the Norwegian community just got this at 11:00 2day, and I and much more people cant really say they're shocked.

The Media here Controls The Human Mind, and absolutely nothing, (and i mean nothing) bad have been said on Mr. Obama, They have worshiped him and backed him up on everything.

Why Torbjørn Jagland really picked Obama is a question in itself, and the Right Wing Politician tried to adopt Obama's View of Politics in the 2009 Governmental Election of Political Parties, and the Right wing got more votes than the Left, but fortunately the Voting system are a bit weird so we're still maintaining Social Democratic Political views.

I'm hearing good-talk about Obama everytime up here, the streets, market and so on.

And Every single time he have messed something up, they have the same Excuse that "Recovering the United States of America after Bush, is an inhuman job"

So its hard for the Norwegians to really see whats underneath Obamas Smile.

-> Not Shocked at all.

link   

If, after looking at what these people do, you are detatched and unemotional, then something is wrong with you.

So, if a person comes to a different conclusion or has a different view or opinion than you have, something's wrong with them? OK.

Originally posted by johnny2127
Fair enough. So now, if you could, can you detail what his vision, courage and determination have been in, and how they are somehow worthy of this prize? Thanks.

It has already been stated and it's in the news. It's in this thread. I don't see any need for me to repeat it again.
There are a zillion stories about it. All you have to do is exercise a bit of curiosity.

Originally posted by tatersalad
he must have done something ???
plz clarify for us what he has done to desserve this?

The post you're responding to states that he needn't have DONE anything, and yet you ask me, "Yeah, but what has he DONE"? :shk:

I'm beginning to see why so many are upset about this. Because they think they know what the Nobel Peace Prize is and they actually don't.

thanks for that.

You're welcome. I thought I'd bring some real facts into it for those who clearly don't know anything about the prize itself.

Every Jim, Johnny and Mary is maxed out on their credit cards and blame the Government for being in debt...

Great point!

And sky, if you want an objective analysis of why he won, without all the hateful spewing, shouting and rhetoric you have to go elsewhere. I have to go elsewhere for a lot of news lately because the repeated and repeated and repeated rhetoric here is just a distraction from the facts. It's just something I've learned. It's unfortunate.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

winning the prize is not only about what you DO but about what you ARE, what you represent.

Who is Obama? What does he represent? That's easy ...

He's a liar. He's a racist. He's radical left wing.
He promised to disarm America.
He has many nafarious underworld friends and connections.
He makes pretty speeches overseas apologizing for anything America.
He has a catchy campaign slogan that he stole from the UFW and Chavez - "yes we can".

He represents typical Chicago pay-for-play politics.
He represents politics as usual - a wolf but under a sheeps clothing.

Again ... where in all that is the legitimate reason for the Peace Prize?

I'm sure that there are people out there who actually did something worthy of honoring. Obama has done nothing.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well... what a rip. ALL of the other nominees were much more suitable candidates. I noticed the Nobel.org site has an "ask a laureate" page... I couldn't resist. nobelprize.org...

My message to Mr Obama, which I hope he receives :

"Is this a joke? I have done more since I woke up this morning to instigate peace than you have since your term started in January. You've missed quota's on bringing back troops from Iraq and Afghan WARS, and you are threatening Iran, even though they have over a year left in which to declare their 'secret' facility to the IAEA. YOu, sir, are a warmonger. Plain, and simple. If you disagree - prove me wrong, then you may actually deserve this title.

If YOU are my child's role model for peace, then we may as well make Ron Jeremy the Pope. Nobel... have you lost your minds? I don't know what concessions you receive out of this deal but I hope they're worth it for your conscience. Look at the candidates you could have selected, I hope this is the end of your silly prize - yes, silly... and this year you have confirmed that!"

I doubt it will get to him... but I'm glad I had a rant!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Disclosure is coming up.

I just can not wait.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
No one here seems to get it!

The NWO just gave this prestige Nobel Prize award to themselves and their agenda!

My Gawd! this is hilarious! - the NWO is out in the open and folks are too blind to see!

Ja-know, I think yer onta something. When Saint Obama introduces martial law, surely it will only be for our greater good, won't it? How about this? When Saint Obama is cut down by that lone nut Iranian gunman, America will rush once more to the defense of freedom, under attack by a strange alien religion in an oil rich land.

(Note to Secret Service: All of the above are only hypotheticals without a shred of a basis in reality. They are stated for the purpose of harmless discussion only and are not intended as a real or implied threat to the person of the president of the United States. God bless everybody.)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The status of this award nowadays is right up there with winning a Nickelodeon Kids Choice Award.

Maybe they just gave it to him because they wanted to give us something else to be divisive and argue about.

Peace

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Dr Love]

link   
This sure puts a highlight on everything he has preached about now. He better start doing some of the good things he talked about. He is on the radar for sure! Somebody that's actually done something deserves the award.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by OpenYourHead]

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If he were as radically left wing as you say he would have halfhazardly left Afghanistan, disarmed america, closed Guantanamo first thing, etc.

The reason he did not is because when entering office one sheds extremist tendencies and becomes more reasonable and responsible.

link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Originally posted by jimmyx

ok, here goes...he has paid up the on the US obligations to the UN, signed onto and promised by the US. this money is used for poverty and disaster relief, as well as europe, china, russia, iran to get the IAEE into iran for inspections of their nuclear plants with sanctions if needed, and these sanctions are supported by russia and china. he has increased budgets for the FDA on food inspections that had been drastically cut in the last adminstration, he has begun talks with cuba for better relations. he is concentrating more of the military on al-qeuada in eastern afghanistan, rather than putting more troops into iraq... he is being a calming influence around the world, rather than a threatening one.
the problem is perspective...people and governments in other countries see us as a country that bombs and attacks other countries...which we have done, not as a world power that helps people. obama is attempting to change that...which is why he won the nobel prize.
and all the americans that bash obama don't see that perspective that is clear to outsiders eyes.

on the FDA part...people in other countries think it is a good thing when you try and help the majority of your own people

See there ya go. I can understand if someone supports his award based on those things. Personally some of those things you listed I don't see the same way, but thats a matter of opinion.

Russia won't back any meaniful sanctions, they have said as much. The back sternly worded letters. LOL.

Regarding paying up on US obligations to the UN, what are you referring to? I didn't quite get that. The FDA thing you mentioned is great but does nothing for peace. Neither does Cuba discussions, which just emboldened a brutal communist regime.

Regarding Iraq and Afghanistan, he DID put more troops into both Iraq and Afghanistan. Both wars have been escalated....

I am not sure about the calming influence claim you made. Things certainly aren't calm in the US, UK, Israel, Iran, Eastern Europe, etc... So where has he calmed things? The only thing I can think of to support this is some leaders who feel more comfortable with Obama.

Thanks for the reply Jimmy. I appreciate it.

you are absolutlely right..what was i thinking. thanks for clearing that up for me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join