It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In recent times the Nobel Peace Prize has become a form of "activism" on the part of the committee. It has been awarded strategically to assist strivers for peace or for those involved in dangerous tektonic shifts in global power.

The awards to Pope John Paul II and Lech Walenska at the time of the dissolution of the Soviet Union and emancipation of Poland are good examples of that. They bolstered and protected those involved in the struggle and focussed the eyes of the world on those people making it harder to pull underhanded or criminal manouvers on them.

It is difficult to make a case for Obama's award, even using that criteria, of activism. He doesn't need protection or more attention. Frankly, I just don't get it.

A more typical award for a politician would resemble that given to Lester B. Pearson, a Canadian politician and former Prime Minister, in 1957. Here's the Wikipedia note on the event in his life.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1948, Prime Minister Louis St. Laurent appointed Pearson Minister of External Affairs in the Liberal government. . . . In 1957, for his role in defusing the Suez Crisis through the United Nations, Pearson was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. The selection committee claimed that Pearson had "saved the world."

The United Nations Emergency Force was Pearson's creation, and he is considered the father of the modern concept of peacekeeping. Leaders of America, France, Russia, and Great Britain (for best example) all had vested interests in the natural resources around the Suez Canal. He was able to organize these leaders by way of a 5-day fly-around, and is by effect responsible for the development of the structure for the United Nations Security Council.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I actually wanted to ask a serious question here.

When Obama comes to the US, does he do much other than drink, go on comedy shows, play, paint, win prizes and eat?

He seems to speak to every other country about global issues etc more than he does in his own country, im from over the pond in the UK of course which is why I am asking, its a serious question.

Heres some of the things that I am talking about that make me wonder...

www.nowpublic.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.courant.com...

www.inquisitr.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

Just seems like this guys theme song should have been....

He owes it to you all, thats for sure.

I mean, Gordon Brown is pretty bad but at least hes not out getting pissed and having fun anytime hes in the UK.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

hello moderator since this sight has always been based on proof. i ask you what exactly has Obama done, as one poster stated february was the date he was nominated. so what exactly did he do in one month ?? put us a trillion dollars more in debt? bow to the kind of saudi arabia? not sure, thought the nobel peace prize was for doing an superior job at something. guess it is just a worthless piece of metal with a wood base that has absolutely no meaning, plz clarify for me i must have missed something? i see that you have eaten the obama apple so give me some information supporting your statement?
thanks

link   
I hope this is an incentive prize[and i think it is], to encourage him[just before kopenhagen], not to make him more cocky and sloppy..But good for him..
Although i must admit, its kind of leftish over there, i cant remember the last time a republican won the prize, but so many democrats..

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Foppezao]

link   
To me this is just for the history books and the history they will tell the future generations of the world of today whether it's true or not.I believed all that crap that was taught to me for a long time until i started using the internet and discovering things on my own through the help of sites like these and other sites. What's next for Obama Mt. Rushmore? I would love to see the thread on that if it ever happened(not really). They could prolly fit him him in next to Lincoln which would be fittingly, I guess or next to Washington both being the 1sts of their races to be president of the U.S.A. but it looks the rock on that side will fall apart faster than the other parts of the mountain. Cheers to the big ears for an unjustifiable award in many ways(who cares).Anyways peace to the middle east.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
do-nothing racist/liar politician.

Is this coming from the usual ATS-esque "lets hate the President"?

Is it coming from the usual Internet-esque partisan hatred?

Or is it coming from genuine and detached, unemotional research into Obamas activities and effects on the populace?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think that's where so many are making an assumption that isn't relevant. This prize is not being awarded to him for what he has done as president and may have been awarded to him even if he lost the election. This isn't a presidential award.

So what did he do for peace before the election, except call for 'change', the same rallying call he used for 'cousin' Odinga. How does the ensuing genocide warrant a peace prize. Yes, he is reaching out to the Islamic world, as I cited before, his 'cousin' Odinga was calling for the implementation of Shariah law, instituting Islam as the only allowed and true religion, and backed to the hilt by Obama when he was senator. Makes you wonder why a 'christian' would do such a thing...mmm...mmm...mmm

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
This is such wonderful news for America! What an outstanding way to acknowledge our President! I am so proud of America and her President right now! What a change from just 10 months ago!!

Good for Obama!! Now maybe more Americans will see what the rest of the world thinks of our President.

Heh?.... You are kidding right?....

could you tell us exactly WHAT IN THE WORLD DID HE DO TO WIN THIS?....

oh yeah, he is kissing butt at the UN and EU like ther is no tomorrow, and wants to hand over the U.S. sovereingty to the UN which is why he nominated people into power who are advocates of giving power over the U.S. to the UN, also population control freaks have been nominated by Obama, and they love these kind of people in the UN.....

Obama did not bring our troops home despite his claims that he wold do this first thing. Instead we had the largest deployments EVER of National Guards to the Middle East, and the same Obama supporters that were bashing and blaming Bush for the wars are now cheering for Obama getting this Nobel Peace prize for doing nothing but kiss butt at the UN?....

[edit on 9-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

- He did nothing to 'achieve' the Nobel Prize. Nothing.

Another misconception: That "achievement" of some kind is necessary to win. It's not.

No formal qualifications are needed to become a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, but I think the characteristics most of them have in common are vision, courage and determination.

Nobel Questions

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
THEY'RE TRYING TO DISTRACT YOU FROM WHAT THEY'RE ABOUT TO FIND ON THE MOON, AND THE ALIEN INVASION THAT'S GOING TO FOLLOW US BOMBING THEIR HOME BASE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
THEY'RE TRYING TO DISTRACT YOU FROM WHAT THEY'RE ABOUT TO FIND ON THE MOON, AND THE ALIEN INVASION THAT'S GOING TO FOLLOW US BOMBING THEIR HOME BASE!!!!!!!!!!

I must admit, its a good distraction but hows it going to distract anyone from an alien invasion above their heads??

Sorry but I found that one funny

[edit on 9-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is the funniest thing I have seen in a very long time. All you can do is laugh at something like this. Congrats Bamaman.

Its even funnier when you see that the closing date for nominations was 11( yes eleven) days into Bamas presidency.

Wowsers.

Peace.

link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
put us a trillion dollars more in debt?

The single person Obama is not the "cause of debt". National Debt is caused by numerous factors, millions of factors indeed.

bow to the kind of saudi arabia?

One President plays tough, the other plays nice...just to see what works.

i see that you have eaten the obama apple

How so?

link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

It was intended as a joke.

link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
is it coming from genuine and detached, unemotional research into Obamas activities and effects on the populace?

When someone looks into the activities of Obama ... his policies .. his conduct ... the effects it has on this country ... you can't help but get emotional. It SHOULD piss you off. If you don't get ticked at what Bush43 did (especially his last two years in office) or what Obama is doing .. then you've got to be in a coma.

(** You ... being a generic you and not you, skyfloating)

You aren't ticked at all his lies? (or Bush43 lies? Or Clinton lies? etc.??)

You aren't ticked at his racist statements (in his books and elsewhere) or that he was part of a racist cult for 20 years... or that he tried to dodge it by saying "i wasn't there that Sunday when that was said" ???

You aren't ticked at the 'effect on the populace'? That the MSM doesn't tell the truth about what is happening? That the people buy into the hype and think he's wonderful even though NOTHING has been done?

If, after looking at what these people do, you are detatched and unemotional, then something is wrong with you.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

It was intended as a joke.

Im glad because I thought that was serious.

Ive heard things like that on the boards.

Nice one

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

hehe, nice joke., unless you are serious.

The real invasion i am worried about is the Obama administration giving us away to the UN. Obama, and his administratio already gave us up to the elites in a silver platter, he wants to consolidate even more power, and the brainwashed ones think he is fighting for the people...

[edit on 9-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I said that he cant be as pathetic as the crowds say he is because he has achieved what no other black citizen has achieved in the History of the U.S.: Becoming President and winning the Nobel Prize.

This is just more of the same "lowering the bar" of achievement for "minorities" — Obama received the prize (and the Presidency, too, for that matter) thanks to white guilt. He hasn't done anything deserving of his office or the Nobel.

And you can take that to the bank.

— Doc Velocity

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

- He did nothing to 'achieve' the Nobel Prize. Nothing.

Another misconception: That "achievement" of some kind is necessary to win. It's not.

No formal qualifications are needed to become a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, but I think the characteristics most of them have in common are vision, courage and determination.

Nobel Questions

Fair enough. So now, if you could, can you detail what his vision, courage and determination have been in, and how they are somehow worthy of this prize? Thanks.

link   
Watch the news. There is something else that is going on that is being covered up. Has to be. This has to be a diversion of some sort.

Either that, or laying the foundation for something upcomming.

It does give a sort of Carte Blanche to Obama to be able to continue to perpetrate violence.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join