It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top researcher who worked on cervical cancer vaccine warns about its dangers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Top researcher who worked on cervical cancer vaccine warns about its dangers

www.naturalnews.com

One of the key researchers involved in the clinical trials for both Gardasil and Cevarix cervical cancer vaccines has gone public with warnings about their safety and effectiveness

Dr. Harper also warned that the cervical cancer vaccine was being "over-marketed" and that parents should be warned about the possible risk of severe side effects from the vaccine. She even concluded that the vaccine itself is more dangerous than the cervical cancer it claims to prevent!

This behavior by drug co
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

This behavior by drug companies -- using fear tactics to promote a particular disease in order to sell the "treatment" -- is called disease mongering. Most of the pharmaceutical profits generated today are based on precisely this tactic: Spread the fear, then sell the treatment.

I wish there were more people like this brave woman!

Unfortunately they will only always suppress such people and the important information they try to convey

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
from the comments it seems that there was an article on the immensly popular daily mail website, but it has been deleted...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wait... let me get this straight:

Pharmaceutical companies are accused of creating false hype, to make more money on the sales of an ineffective and dangerous injection?

GET OUTTA HERE!!!

All kidding aside- thank you very much for the article. The more info like this that's exposed, the better!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Cervical Cancer affects 1.9 women out of every 100,000. Roughly 70% of those 1.9 women have had HPV at some point (or 1.33 women out of every 100,000 have had Cervical Cancer + HPV).

No conclusive evidence has been discovered to link HPV to being the cause of Cervical Cancer to date.

Especially when you consider the current statistics on HPV indicate that by age 50, at least 80 percent of women will have been infected with genital HPV infection (or 80,000 out of 100,000), it would seem that it is not the direct cause of Cervical Cancer.

Now, Cervical Cancer is easily treatable if it is detected early. This is the reason why women are strongly encouraged to get annual Pap Smears.

However, the use of Gardasil and Cevarix becomes even more questionable in decreasing the risk of Cervical Cancer by protecting against 3-4 strains of HPV (of which there are 30), especially if one considers the high rate of side-effects caused by Gardasil (the side-effects of Cevarix are yet unpublished).

Stats Cross Posted from Another ATS Thread

Minor Side Effects

Pain in the area of the injection -- 83.9%
Swelling in the area of the injection -- 25.4%
Redness in the area of the injection -- 24.6%
Fever -- 13%
Nausea -- 6.7%
Dizziness -- 4%
Diarrhea -- 3.6%

Other Minor Side Effects with 1% each

Vomiting
Cough
Toothache
General ill feeling
Joint pain
Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
Stuffy nose

(Those are the side-effects you can live with)

Serious Side Effects (6.2% total)

Allergic Reaction/Anaphylactic Shock
Gastroenteritis
Appendicitis
Asthma or bronchospasms (airway spasms).
Grand Mal Seizures
Grave's Disease
Guillain-Barré syndrome (1 in 105,000)
Infertility
Loss of Consciousness
Paralysis
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
Pulmonary Embolism
Spontaneous Abortion (.23 in 100,000)
Venous Thromboembolic Events
Coma
Death (0.1 per 100,000)

What this means is that you have just as much of a risk getting Guillain-Barré syndrome to protect yourself from HPV as you have of getting Cervical Cancer from HPV (along with playing Roulette with the other symptoms listed above). And still, there is no guarantee that you won't get Cervical Cancer as it cannot be substantiated that HPV is directly attributable to causing Cervical Cancer (as it is based on a statistical presumption).

I'm not saying don't use Gardasil or Cevarix, not by any means, but it is important that people make educated choices for themselves by being presented evidence from not just the Pharmaceutical Companies that manufacture them and stand to profit of that decision.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Come on ModernAcademia you keep posting anti-vaccine articles from this website - three in as many days. We get your point that you believe that vaccines don't work, it's all a scam and people are dying and being maimed.

Personally I think this website is a tad one-sided and is somewhat selective with the facts / research. I take with a very big pinch of salt any of their articles and have seen no evidence of research other than citing (selectively) other people's research or re-hashing comments and opinion as fact.

In the case of cervical caner vaccine one researcher does not invalidate the programme. I would like to see the executive summary of Dr Harper's research.

I believe that the mainstream research indicates that vaccines do work and do prevent disease and death. You just need to look at smallpox to see the facts there and the control of diseases which were once common place (and the associated misery), such as polio, german measles et al.

Regards

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Come on ModernAcademia you keep posting anti-vaccine articles from this website - three in as many days. We get your point that you believe that vaccines don't work, it's all a scam and people are dying and being maimed.

If I see an article that is worthy of attention, I post it
whether it's about big pharma, a cia plot, something relation to foreign policy or the economy.

I am a speed reader, I can read a 3 page article in less than 40 seconds and retain all information, especially parts that spark my interest.

I am an avid and heavy reader, I read ALOT
Books, articles, magazines, e-books, basically anything I can get my hands on.

When I come accross something that I think people should know I post it.

I do think vaccine is a scam, but in the period of only a few days something on vaccine(articles) sparked my interest.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Do you have shares in Natural News? Is there any chance of you finding a credible source to back up your concerns?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

I don't have shares in NaturalNews and I strongly doubt they are a public company?

Do you have shares in CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Politico, CNBC, or CTVnews?

You do know that this is the Breaking Alternative News section correct?

[edit on 8-10-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Fang

I don't have shares in NaturalNews and I strongly doubt they are a public company?

Do you have shares in CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Politico, CNBC, or CTVnews?

You do know that this is the Breaking Alternative News section correct?

[edit on 8-10-2009 by ModernAcademia]

Its just that you keep 'Breaking the News' from the same source, one which has as much scientific standing as The Poughkeepsie Trumpet & Clarion.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I do think vaccine is a scam, ...

Ah, the point. You keep posting stuff from a website of questionable merit to support your distruct of vaccinations.

I think vaccinations have changed the world and saved countless lives from death, misery and disability. The erradication of smallpox (a killer of the masses) is directly attributed to vaccinations and is a case in point. How many millions have been saved from disability and misery over the last few decades from the polio vaccine?

I say vaccinations work and the science proves it.

Regards

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have heard people come out and say that doing your routine checkups and papsmears and getting all the tests done is just as effective in prevention.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

I do think vaccine is a scam, ...

Ah, the point. You keep posting stuff from a website of questionable merit to support your distruct of vaccinations.

I think vaccinations have changed the world and saved countless lives from death, misery and disability. The erradication of smallpox (a killer of the masses) is directly attributed to vaccinations and is a case in point. How many millions have been saved from disability and misery over the last few decades from the polio vaccine?

I say vaccinations work and the science proves it.

Regards

And I say that science and vaccinations are perpetuating the weakening of our collective gene pool. Why don't we leave our health to our bodies? It's worked for what, 160,000 to 250,000 years? Advanced science and medicine has been around for what, questionably 100 years? Quit acknowledging and fighting Darwin at the same time.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The level of denial is the most troubling. The proof is in the pudding.

Most of the more than 2,000 suspected reactions recorded by drug safety watchdog Medicines and Health care products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) were mild, with dozens of girls recording rashes, pain in the arm, and allergies.

But the report prepared by the MHRA earlier this month also discloses cases in which teens have suffered convulsions, eye rolling, muscle spasms, seizures and hyperventilation soon after being given the jab.

The analysis by the MHRA, drawn up this month, found 2,107 patients had reported some kind of suspected adverse reaction to Cervarix. Several reported multiple reactions, with 4,602 suspected side-effects recorded in total.

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6178045/Two-thousand-schoolgirls-suffer-suspected-ill-effects-from-cervical-cancer-vaccine.html[/url ]

The caring figures in white coats tell us it's saving more than it's harming.
Rediculous it's impposible to know. They pull those figures out of their ....

I suppose if I had an anti tiger attack vaccine and never suffered a tiger attack in my life, we'd have a successful vaccine.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LearnToSw1m
And I say that science and vaccinations are perpetuating the weakening of our collective gene pool. Why don't we leave our health to our bodies? It's worked for what, 160,000 to 250,000 years? Advanced science and medicine has been around for what, questionably 100 years? Quit acknowledging and fighting Darwin at the same time.

Of course you would not be saying that if you had smallpox or one of the many diseases which are now controlled by vaccinations. Evolution and science can co-exist - as can medicine and the constant evolution of disease.

Regards

top topics

join