It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building a hiding shelter in my Basement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello All, I am looking to build me a Nice safe and clean hideout in the basement, which can be hiding from anyone who doesnt know it is there and CHEAP. So in case anything goes down I can take up and run to the hidden area....

Anyone know where I can find these instructions or have the no how to do it?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Are you taking into account,

After they loot what they want out of your house they set it on fire so they know noone will be coming out.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Don't worry. The world is not going to end if it was everybody would build shelters.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I'd probably start with a ~fake~ sturdy matching/blending in brick wall entrance to a tunnel running from the basement to a ~safe room~...

To avoid the burning house theory...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Consider building a tunnel so you can exit easily without alerting anyone to your prescence. Also make your house less welcoming think haunted house.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

That sounds about right...

Put up For Sale Signs...boards on windows...make it look abandoned...rundown...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Put out a tantric mala. Put up a strobe light. You know the people in your area , so you know what throws them off or makes them uncomfortable. You would only need a little bit of distraction in order to escape.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Okay if you dont have any real sugestions move along and dont reply.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Okay if you dont have any real sugestions move along and dont reply.

List your construction and craftsman skills ?
Any construction experience ?
DIY ?
What are the rules to home renovation in your area ?
Building codes ?

Have you even been electrocuted before ?
Do you know first Aid ?
Do you have insurance ?
What's A hammer,A power SAW and A tape measure.
What is wood ? concrete ? A nail ? or screw ?

Do you own the home outright ?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've thought about this a lot. I thank you for braving the flames to discuss it.

A basement is a natural choice to me, especially since we have one, but don't have any property out in the country, or the money to construct a purpose-built structure.

I like the idea of making the home less attractive and more run down, but that's only one important aspect of it for me. Camouflage is natural, bugs do it, we should do it too. Psychological most often, it would seem.

A fake wall seems like a good idea...of course, a way in, that is able to be secured and a way out in case you need to run.

Here's a site for hidden doors. I'm taking a different route, which I would share if I wanted to, but I don't.

www.woodworkingcorner.com...

I think the most important thing is to make it seem like there is nothing there...a lot of homes have basements in this area, so I have to think a little differently about it, because a basement would be EXPECTED in my home. I think in a case like this, it becomes a question of sectioning off an area and concealing it.

What stinks, is that this is not going to help you in every case. You would need a purpose built shelter for some of the more hardcore sit-x occurrences. I think if you can get a good seal, a source of freah, hopefully filtered air, fresh water, warmth, food, medicine and a way to see what was going on outside, you'll be good for most anything short of nuclear or particularly nasty biological incidents.

I hope you get some good plans and share them with us.
Good luck!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Depends on where you live, in the country a hidden tunnel to an underground bunker would be ideal.
In the suburbs a hidden room behind a wall and hope for the best.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Soldier of God]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
OK if your going to do it yourself make sure have the skills.
Second it's easy to disguise openings and view ports.

If not,get A home renovator to do it for you.
I'm sure they've done it more than once.

When doing construction as a renovator, you see this quite often.

If you've worked in general construction for any length of time it's not uncommon.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We built a ~Fort~ in my backyard when I was a teenager...

We used a Hogans Heroes type thingy

We cut a hole in the floor, used a metal utility storage cabinet, with a bolt through the cabinet and floor as a *swivel hinge*, to swing the cabinet for access and dug a tunnel under it to an outside camo trapdoor...

Maybe a large upright freezer attached to the camo wall entrance on a similar *swivel hinge* would help conceal it?

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Hello All, I am looking to build me a Nice safe and clean hideout in the basement, which can be hiding from anyone who doesnt know it is there and CHEAP. So in case anything goes down I can take up and run to the hidden area....

Anyone know where I can find these instructions or have the no how to do it?

Question how would you feel after all the noise you where hearing, STOPPED AND YOU CAME OUT OF YOUR SMALL BIT OF HE LL AND ALL GODS CHILDREN WHERE ROLLIN OUT ON SPACE CRAFT AND ALL THAT WAS LEFT WAS NATAS HIS FOLLOWERS AND NATAS AND HIS FOLLOWERS *DESTROYER* then what???
Fair, because you see you hid yourself and your loved 1z in supposed saftey and left everyone else to die and suffer is your heart in the correct place???????????FAITH IS THE ONLY WAY REMEMBER THIS FRIEND, dont think so selfish for you may be dealt a selfish hand like those planning on HIDING IN D.U.M.Bs FROM THE STAR YOU CALL SUN.

[edit on 10/8/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The less posh your hide away and the fewer people know about it the better. Check out the books written by the Jews who built bunkers in the Warsau ghettos during WorldWar II. Some of them were never found by the SS. Still in my opinion if our elites ever become so punch drunk on power they try liquidate a significant portion of the population, it will be necessary to get out of town.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

Consider building a tunnel so you can exit easily without alerting anyone to your prescence. Also make your house less welcoming think haunted house.

A house that looks "haunted" is a teen magnet! When my daughter was
a teen,they always looked for spooky-type houses to investigate.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If i was going to build a secret bunker i would probably start by keeping it a secret... but seeing as how you've already blown that one, lets just assume non of us ATS'ers would show up at your door if the SHTF... Depending on how much land you have, you might want to think about getting one of those steel shipping containers that they use to move goods around, they are usually about $1,000 or so. Then just bury it behind your house. If the neighbors ask, say you are redoing the septic. Then stick a shed or something ontop to conceal a latter or stairs. or you could bury it near the house and make a tunnel, but you might compromise the integrity of your foundation if you did that. If you dont have a lot of experience with Carpentry, i would consult a knowledgeable friend or neighbor. The last thing you want to do is mess up your house, or something like that...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Put up For Sale Signs...boards on windows...make it look abandoned...rundown...

That tactic will only attract vandals and materials looters (copper wire&pipe, wooden boards, and other possible construction-salvageables)

A deterrant for others entering once you're locked-down in your basement bunker would be to create an atmosphere of disease and rot. Shoot a few stray dogs or dress game kills and smear the entrails around entrances and hallways. The smell alone will be enough to make anyone unmasked reflex-vomit on the spot and keep them away. Should also act to mask any vented cooking/habitation odours coming from your hideaway too

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

This is true.The out side should be kept normal.The inside of the house is fair game. Archictects and fengshui decorators could give all sorts of pointers on how design can confuse people and make them uncomfortable enough to leave.

I once read a great book for paranoids and criminals. The book had tips on making the police less comfortable while conducting search warrants. They actually suggested leaving out a satanic bible. Since the NWO goons are probably satanists that won't work. The strategy is to make the inside of the house so disorienting and uncomfortable that the searcher can not find what he is looking for and becomes so uncomfortable he subconsciously cuts his visit short.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A last resort would be to close off rooms and corridors and flood with CO2 from fire extinguishers...any intruder would asphyxiate even whilst wearing a gas-mask

*This is a dangerous method unless you have breathing apparatus/scuba gear or a safe vented clean air supply to your shelter as CO2 is heavier than air and will settle in the lowest part of the room/building IE the cellar*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join