It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'silent on Israeli nuclear arms'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Double standards any one, or do we still have our heads under the sand. WAKE UP!

I personally believe the US should stop this none-sense not because they have to, but because they should care. They should care that certain policies of theirs causes more harm than good.

Barack Obama, the US president, has agreed to abide by a 40-year policy of allowing Israel to keep nuclear weapons without opening them to international inspection, according to a US newspaper.

In a report on Saturday, The Washington Times quoted three unnamed sources as saying Obama had confirmed to Binyamin Netanyahu, Israel's prime minister, that he would maintain the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 7-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
How is it a double standard? Israel is an ally. Iran is not. Our allies should have nuclear weapons- England does, as does France. Are England and France training insurgents to kill coalition forces in Afghanistan, are they arming the insurgents or giving them IEDs? Last I checked, Iran was and is doing such things, England, France and Israel are not.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Apparently, you just arrived here.

Israeli nukes are not new to anyone but you.

Therefore, there is no reason for the US to comment on something that we haven't commented on for decades.

Did you just get out of the joint?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
On a daily basis, I never worry about the possibility of Israel nuking Europe or the US.

Therein lies the difference.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
They have had nukes for a very long time now. What would be the point in inspecting them?

If it looks like a nuke, smells like a nuke and they tell us they have a nuke then I bet its a nuke.

You want to inspect them to make sure they used the right kind of nuts on the bolts?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Must we suffer another anti American thread from ooz thread?

*Sigh*

All right now as stevegmu stated earlier in regards to your op I cannot agree more. There are many countries that have nukes, the fact remains that America should not comment on Israelis program. Why should we? It is not like they are on strike alert. And Israel is a stable country Iran I fear its leadership far more than I do its people and I fear that if they develop a nuclear bomb that leadership will use it. Or hold countries for ransom so to speak.

And from english.aljazeera.net. tisk tisk once more posting propaganda something should be done about this.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaydie
On a daily basis, I never worry about the possibility of Israel nuking Europe or the US.

Therein lies the difference.

On a daily basis I worry about israel having a hissy fit and putting more radioactive debris into the air, either bombing iran or nuking some other target. Samson option anyone?

I find israel much more destabilising than any other country.

I don't however worry about Iran, they know they cannot face an american attack and have a govt system live through it... there lies the deterrent.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
They have had nukes for a very long time now. What would be the point in inspecting them?

If it looks like a nuke, smells like a nuke and they tell us they have a nuke then I bet its a nuke.

You want to inspect them to make sure they used the right kind of nuts on the bolts?

Nuclear disarmament maybe

You guys lol

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

You fail to realize M. Ahmadinejad wants to die a martyr. He doesn't care if Iran is decimated.

Israel has plenty of conventional bunker busters. No need for them to use nuclear weapons.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So you want to inspect them to disarm them.

Why would you disarm them, they have had them for many many years and they probably haven't been unwrapped yet.

[SNIP]

Good luck with your agenda.

Mod Edit: Removed off-topic part.

Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

(2) Alterations of a politicians name, or any other high-profile political personality, for disparaging political effect is not allowed, including within member avatars and signatures.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Please adhere to this very simple directive

And stop the name calling

Semper

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
No one should have nuclear arms. End of story!

However, those arguing that we need not check Israels nukes because they are our mates are horribly misguided. Remember... Iran and Iraq and even the Taliban/Bin Laden have all been 'our allies' at some point in the past. Who knows what the future may bring?

So yes, Israel should be subject to arms inspection! They are every bit as mad as every other country in the middle east. The difference is, Israel can destroy the world as we know it, the others cannot.

IRM

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I guess the United States has a better connection with Israel than most people relise.Both countries intelligence services are very closely linked in a lot of different areas and services .Anyone want a job in Mossad.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
How is it a double standard? Israel is an ally.

Israel is the ally of the far religious right in the country. To the rest of us its just another country draining of us our resources and our relations with other nations.

Our allies should have nuclear weapons

Since when? When did the United states have the authority as to what nations can and cant have nuclear weapons? Did God give us that authority? What BS, seriously.

SG

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaydie

I dont either. I worry about them nuking their neighbours and other arab nations. But really who gives a damn about the arabs?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Hi Steve,

What happens when a bunker buster is used on a nuclear facility?

What gives any country (especially USA with ww2 in mind), the right to say who can and can't get nuclear weapons? They have no moral ground to stand on.

IMO we as a world should not use nuclear weapons or power with our shocking use and accident track record. Nuclear mistake means almost permanent damage to you and the environment, look at any fallout map and you'll see it goes almost everywhere eventually.
The country I live in (New Zealand) bans all nuclear weapons and reactors from its shores and seas due to the will of its people. Perhaps more countries could follow this example. We don't even have strike aircraft, instead we base our airforce around aid, humanitarian and fishing quota management. Perhaps more nations could throw down their arms, unite as the one people we are (in a non nwo way) and do something similar?

-gr

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Therefore, there is no reason for the US to comment on something that we haven't commented on for decades.

Oh gee what an explanation
Im sorry this is a serious subject but really not. Any nation we dont choose to comment on, it has immunity to our analysis? Where did this mentality come from?

Its like we have you folks blame the media for being bias because it chooses not to comment on conservative concerns as much as you like. Are we going to pick and choose? Do you have an image in your head of God giving his hands to middle and southern rightwing conservatives to dictate how the world works?

How the world works. Yep.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If Obama wants to be serious about disarming the world of nukes, and wants Iran to stop all enrichment activity's, then I think he should address Israel's nuclear stockpile...

Wouldn't that make sense?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Echelon117

If he wants to be serious about disarming the world of nukes then why not address any of the numrous countries who have nukes stockpiled?

Plenty of them to address, including our own, why start with Israel?

Also he doesn't want to stop Iran from enrichment activities. The world wants them not to enrich to the point they can have a nuke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join