It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP!!! NASA's missile to the moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

You're getting nowhere.

You are correct that I am getting nowhere.

I am getting nowhere because i'm talking to people who think that "THERE IS NO EXPLOSION! The impact will be made by force. Not an explosion." is an intelligent statement.

I'm getting nowhere because I'm talking to people who respond to my messages quoting, citing and linking official NASA mission summaries, stating that they couldn't find any websites to back my claims.

I'm getting nowhere because I'm talking to "students of physics" who think that relative mass is the only factor relevant to the energetic force of a collision, and that velocity doesn't matter.

So I will move on. Because by staying I'd simply be feeding the trolls.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

sorry to rain on your parade the dude is right about an explosion

An explosion is a rapid increase in volume and release of energy in an extreme manner, usually with the generation of high temperatures and the release of gases.
and the

The Centaur rocket will strike first, transforming 2200 kg of mass and 10 billion joules of kinetic energy into a blinding flash of heat and light

and that my friend is an explosion

Ocker

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker

Originally posted by windowlicker80
reply to post by LordBucket

www.federaljack.com a conspiricy site.

Ah is that like abovetopsecret.com is a conspiracy site .
and people quote material off this site.
Deny ignorance .

Deny ignorance indeed. Not to sure what your getting at but I don't take anything I read of this site as the truth as a matter of fact I don't believe anything I read, hear or see in any communication outlet. This is a conspiracy forum for discussion and debate not a truth factory.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by windowlicker80

We have been waiting for YOU to start discussing the topic and produce some facts

This is a conspiracy forum for discussion and debate not a truth factory.

the topic at hand is about NASAs missile to the Moon.

It is not cool to continually knock someone else s contribution when you have nothing to contribute yourself where is the discussion?.

The way to go about debate is to show material about your theories,write what you have learn t yourself and paste links to your information, debunking the person with information from you is the key .not slander.
Thanks

Ocker

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valkyr8
We all know that there are already bases there. We all know that there are existing projects of many kinds going on. We all know that there are humans and other races on the moon conducting these projects.

Well, we all know that these beings will be able to stop the missile from impacting. If they're quite capable of living on a ball of cheese orbiting our planet, creating advanced moon bases then a two ton projectile will be swatted by them like you waving away a small fly.
No doubt they are monitoring everything that we do, so this will not come as a surprise to them. There's nothing at steak here!

edited to ease fears of possible retaliation!

[edit on 7/10/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Shouldn't this thread fit more properly into another forum?
Like "skunk works" perhaps?

I can't see how this relates to Ufo's and Aliens.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
Shouldn't this thread fit more properly into another forum?
Like "skunk works" perhaps?

I can't see how this relates to Ufo's and Aliens.

Because some people believe there are aliens on the moon. But really, there are a dozen threads about this, all panicked and breathless. It could have been added to one of those.

What I want to know is why these people could not muster the same outrage and panic when India crashed a probe into the moon. And they had no problem when Japan did it. Or when China did it.

And on Friday at 5:00 am, when there are no disasterous after-effects, when there is no invasion by pissed off aliens, I want to know if people like Valkyr and LordBucket will admit they are wrong.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Or you know, maybe by some small chance there achully looking for water for possible future bases -_-"

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I heard that they were doing this to see if it is possible that the moon has Hydrogen3 under its surface to mine and use as energy.
And if NASA go there, find H3 first, and are able to mine it, who will gain a smeg load of energy that they can sell??

Why else do you think pakistan and china and various other countries are suddenly having another space race?

To me this sounds most plausable, all they need to do if smash something into the moon, monitor it, and see if any H3 gas comes out, check it by infer red or something, if it does, bingo! if not, bugger it, there probly isnt any H3 to mine and lets move on to something else.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Valkyr8

If you had any connection with reality you would know there will be a crater 20 meters in diameter and 3 meters deep created by the impact.

This crater is about 1/2 mile in diameter.

It was created by an object which weighed 300,000 tons and was moving at 28,000 miles per hour. The LCROSS impactor weighs 2 tons and will be moving at 5,600 miles per hour. See the difference?

[edit on 10/7/2009 by Phage]

Thanks for the info.

What I still can't figure out is if it is moving at 28,000 miles per hour, why did it take 3 months to get to the moon?

The Apollo gang made it to the moon in under 4 days at half that speed. What, did they do a tour of Mars first?

Edit: Check that. This one is at 5,600 miles per hour. But 3 MONTHS?

[edit on 7-10-2009 by leo123]

[edit on 7-10-2009 by leo123]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Distance to the moon: ~250,000 miles

250,000 @ 5,600 = 44 hours, or 1.8 days.

What am I missing here?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
What I still can't figure out is if it is moving at 28,000 miles per hour, why did it take 3 months to get to the moon?

It didn't take 3 months. It took 4 days. It has been in polar orbit since June 23.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
now that we resolved buckets problems can we get back to the other outrageous topic at hand?

There are no aliens on the moon. I do beleive in aliens but i don't think they are on the moon. therefore crashing anything into the moon will not disturb its ecosystem (because it doesnt have one) or any of its current residence.

sleep easy.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Its not just that there are no aliens on the moon it is also quite fair to say there are no humans on the moon or secret moon bases aswell.
In short NO 'moon people' will be harmed.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
it's so WEIRD! they already drilled core samples.
somewhere in there is a really interesting story!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Man-made objects have been crashing into the Moon since the 50's. The universe has been pelting the Moon for the last 4 billion years. A 2-ton leftover rocket stage will do no harm to the Moon or the Earth. While the impact will create an explosion by the most technical definition, there are no explosives on board. 5 mile crater? Hardly, but I would accept a 5 mile ejecta field (that may be too small in fact). 60km debris plume? Sure that would be really high, but the moons gravity is also 1/6th of the Earths.
I have never understood the panic people put themselves thru by not properly researching an issue. Too often people react on a gut feeling with nothing to back it up. Their panic then spreads unfounded to others. This impact will not harm the moons eco-system because it has none. it will not harm any alien bases or inhabitants because their are none. If you wish to claim otherwise, please present credible evidence. Wild, off the wall claims with no scientific backing won't cut it.

Also a question for Valkyr.. where do you go to school that you are studying all of those subjects simultaneously? Several of those fields are of interest to me and I would like to do some research on the school. I doubt you will answer though...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by leo123

It didn't take 3 months. It took 4 days. It has been in polar orbit since June 23.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Why has it been in orbit for so long? Other experiments?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

probably to pick up speed and align the trajectory.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
-sigh-

There will be no explosions happening. This is not a bomb they are sending.

Why don't people look into things before jumping to conclusions?

Don't lie !! NASA WANTZ TO KILL TEH BAMBIZ ON TEH MOONZ!!!11

I've gone from slightly concerned that people actually believe there are people living in craters around campfires and swimming on the pristine blue oceans, dancing amongst the lunar wildlife in harmony, to being rather concerned that -- THEY REALLY DO?? to utter disbelief at some of the things I've read on ATS the past 24 hours.

If it were just "Don't bomb the moon, it's something we all have in our sky at night, I don't understand why it must be done?" with little thought given to the actual situation - as you also say above - then I could understand, perhaps to some extent, the level of repeated assertions that this is a bad thing, bombing the moon.

But it's not. It's an entirely different thing.

People who honestly believe there are hippies on the moon, who should strike out at the nasty earthlings before we their attack of their harmonious communities and before we send our barbaric doomsday device to destroy their eco-systems, ARE MAKING ME FRIGGIN CRAZY......

[edit on 7/10/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valkyr8

If you were to read the news you would know that there will be a 5 mile crater blown into the moon from this.

This is not just some superficial news article this is a question of how it will affect all life and projects on our precious Luna. This can affect all human and ET life on the moon!

THIS IS NO F***ING JOKE

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Valkyr8]

Here we go again...

... Actually, no I don't.

THe other thread covers all of this already, there is no point repeating it ad nauseum for trolls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join