It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP!!! NASA's missile to the moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I agree with you. The biggest thing keeping us from colonzing the nearest planet and the moon is there is no profit in it...that we know of yet anyways. If they found a huge cache of diamonds or gold I bet some enterprising individual or company would find a way.

Phage, thanks for being this discussion, it seems you are always the cooler, smarter head prevailing.

I too can't believe there are actually people that belive ET and human beings have bases on the moon. Humans having a secret base, ok.....still far fetched but MAYBE possiable. But aliens? Spare me...lol. I think the hundreds of amateur astronomers that look up at the moon in their scopes would have seen something signifigant by now

If anyone is interested, NASA will be doing a live broadcast of the LCROSS impact on NASATV. Also, heres a thread on another site for people wanting to image the impact for themselves, and the link to NASA's LCROSS observation site for professional and amateur astronomers, and the observer yahoo group for amateurs.

www.cloudynights.com...

lcross.arc.nasa.gov...

groups.google.com...

If anyone sees a bunch of spaceships leaving in rapid succession right before the impact tomrrow, let me know

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I agree with the poster, regardless of how exaggerated the true intention really becomes, I believe we have a democratic association to the events on the moon.

Regardless if there are any bases, species or what ever you may wish, the moon does not deserve to be experimented in such manner. We as an entire global community own the moon. Just like the north pole is owned by several different countries.

As a result we need to employ careful responsibility as to what goes on the moon and any planets for that matter. An explosion whether be 100 meters in diameter more or less needs to be approved democratically by the citizens and not by some privately owned organisation like NASA and any other organisation in association for that mater.

This is crime.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by krystalice]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey

A bunch of senior or amateur astronomers are not able to view the far side of the moon, so there fore you can not make a direct assumption that there is no bases on the other side of the moon unless you own a probe and have the money to send it in an orbit behind the moon for your own viewing pleasures.

looking at this photo of the back side of the moon.... Well, All I see is craters. I just am not seeing any bases of any kind, do you?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e53ca3cf16a.jpg[/atsimg]

Perhaps it is difficult for amateur astronomers to view the other side of the moon, but maybe you did not realize that we have before, viewed the other side of the moon.

As you can see there are no bases, no life at all. Sorry to dissapoint ( Honestly) but there is nothing on the moon alive. The closest thing to signs of intelligent life on the moon is the old lunar lander that we left behind back in 1969.

The moon is hit by meteors on a daily basis. in a way the impactor will be like another meteor. All that is going to happen is it is going to create yet another crater.... and maybe we will find some water... Nothing more, nothing less.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by krystalice
I agree with the poster, regardless of how exaggerated the true intention really becomes, I believe we have a democratic association to the events on the moon.

No, we don't.

An explosion whether be 100 meters in diameter more or less needs to be approved democratically by the citizens and not by some privately owned organisation like NASA and any other organisation in association for that mater.

As long as it does not violate the Outer Space Treaty of 1967, no one has to approve it.

This is crime.

No, it's not. Just because you have some moral disagreement, it does not mean it's a crime.

But you're doing a real good job parroting the anti-science/anti-NASA talking points. Keep up the great work!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

looking at this photo of the back side of the moon.... Well, All I see is craters. I just am not seeing any bases of any kind, do you?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e53ca3cf16a.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a picture of the Earth, Can you see any buildings or bases?

I do agree with you but ou need to make your point a little better then that.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by krystalice

Are you really that ignorant? The moon is roughly the size of the entire continental land mass of Australia.

Take the photo you just posted, and then take a satellite image of Australia from space and tell me if you can even see a CITY on the surface of Australia...
And you think your going to spot a moonbase with the naked eye on a photo from thousands of kilometers above the moons surface?

If there are any E.T moon colonies or moonbases, do you expect them to be over, what.... 500 kilometers in diameter? More? A quarter the size of the moon?
Use your noggin man!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Somehow, I missed the article. Sounds nice on paper... but in actuality....? I'll bet $1 NASA puts on a huuuge show, and the 'data' will be pored over for 'a long time'. Meanwhile, behind closed doors, a bunch of scientists are gonna be banging their heads on desks trying to figure out the gobbledegook that got sent back, because the rocket stage didn't do everything they thought it would... Nothing goes perfectly as planned, with NASA, half as much.

Say... does this mean I won $1 or a few?
Didn't go *quite* as planned. Tho I am sure they can fix it in Post Production.
As for the data.... Well, I'll be nice and wait and see what comes of it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join