It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening II: Free Cities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
HiAliens, thanks for your hard work man.

This is basically what me and my friends have been thinking about, (in a primitive level compared to you) for a long time. Many of us are intelligent, young, strong, and stuck in the broken system. Hydroponics/Aeroponics, housing, energy, food, immigration, you've hit every topic that the rest of us have been thinking about on my side.

I would move to your city in a heart beat. Make sure you tell the rest of us when you get this moving. And dont get Waco'd, because they would (knock on wood).

Cheers, and looking forward to more of your work.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Simple. Stunning. Brilliant. While some scoff at the idea - if enough people put into it, even for a 'test' civilization, it could prove itself quickly.

I for one, would sign up TODAY!

Thank you for sharing, again, brilliant...simply brilliant!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Perhaps you should read MY post, all the way through. The part about Utopia, might be of some value therein...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Lots of great ideas that could be incorporated into our current society and judged by their fruits! Viva la Free Energy!!

It would be great to reduce our workweek to 32 hours now. This would help to reduce our unemployment and reduce stress greatly.

Guaranteed 6 weeks annual vacation for everybody.

It is about raising the bottom of what is acceptable for a society of humans.

I think you have set the bar a wee bit high but I see nothing wrong with implementing many of these ideas now.

I would stay away from utopian community structures with their promise of fairness. Remember the last great war was fought with people who wanted to create their idea of heaven on earth...the 1000 year reich. What about Marx? Joe Stalin...

The US has been chock full of religous utopian societies the amish, quakers, shakers, puritans the list goes on forever. Lest we should forget the low impact living of native americans. How about the communes and back to the landers of the 1960's?

True regulated capitalism offers a good chance for success.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskaFranke

Yep I read it. I'm not sure what relevance it has to my thread though. Im just proposing a more sane economic system. No big deal, no megalomania, just free market economics with abundant basics. You seem to have missed the point.

It seems that a lot of people are clicking on the post, reading a bit... skimming through to the end and then attacking a strawman version of what I'm proposing.

Leo Strauss,
Yes, I'm aware of the bait and switch done by every dictator in the past. My idea isn't Utopia, just a better world. As you said, its all about thinking those ideas through and then testing them in the real life.

[edit on 110f20094pmThu, 08 Oct 2009 17:34:07 -050007 by HiAliens]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Good, glad that you read it. You are right. I didn’t read all of it, but two hours worth of it. There are some very definite ideas in your post, one's that actually make sense. Some of the concepts that you present are valid, forthright, and present agreement that I believe would work. Unfortunately, that has already been tried. It was called Rome, and the Pharoses of Egypt, as well as a few other places. They failed, miserably I might add, after initially prospering, due to the very nature of mankind himself.
In a free-market society, as you describe, there already seems to be a division of class, based upon your outlined labor infrastructure. In other words; there will still be the “have and have-nots” the most intrinsic root of economic and political problems we face today.
The fact that the worker bees “laborers” receive less credit, or other blessing, yet bear the brunt of the more objectionable work, stands in stark reality to the ones that seem to be employed in fields such as The Arts, Entertainment, Infrastructure management and Administration. A classic scenario anywhere in the world, which has toppled every empire, such as what you describe, in a relative short time frame.
Though I do truly applaud your ideas and thought process; this same technique was also brought to the world by a gentleman named Carl Marx. Exactly the same, if one looks closely. A centralized form of state-government, an industry supporting that state-government; and banishment from said state-government for failures, as well as a reward system from the state-government. It’s again, the carrot in front of the pony syndrome. Those at the top prosper, while those at the bottom work to make it happen. Much like the Roman Senate, and the Roman legions..see the similarity here.
Not everyone will be happy with just one slice of the apple pie. People are inherently hoarders, and quickly become greedy in this respect. Other people feel the need to amass martial goods in order to feel a sense of security and prosperity. Therein lies several additional problem itself. Reference that simple fact to the old “Hippy” communes of the 1960’s and 1970’s. There was always the people on top that reveled, and the people at the bottom that sweated for it. That concept will never change, ever.
Lets extrapolate for moment, look far ahead into a future, such as you have described.
The entire USA has switched to this Free Market Society, and for the most part, with a few exceptions, it really works. Life is good, gone are the evils we presently find ourselves in, and we prosper, raise our foods, educate our children and live uneventful lives.

However, in a faraway place, a group of people. Who’s own free-market society, as well as diverse religious theologies, predicate the arrival of their emissary to your brave new world. A emissary whose sole objective is to offer trade, barter, and free market opportunities, in exchange for certain liberties, and/or address. Islam has just stepped into the scene, as could any religion, based upon autocratic type of self-governing entity.
This, is the very basis that all the other free-market societies have failed, in one way or another. Perhaps I may trespass when I name Islam, but call it anything else (historically) and it’s simply a form of desperate denial. Yet, this is only one singular form that could eradicate the free-market society; there are in fact many other covert, as well as overt form. None of which a world such as you describe, could be prepared to handle, much less actively defend.
Nonetheless, good work my friend, and I hope you allow me to call you that, even though we’ve never broken bread together. Accept my Sinicism as being sincere, not an effort to lash out.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Best post ever! I have been a proponent of New Cities for a long time.

Each city should also be a self-governing city-state, with a democratic, totally transparent government based on a human rights protocol.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Good Donnie,
I like a lot of the debates you start.

It's basically just a bunch of self-sufficient houses built on their own land. That alone is revolutionary....

Government would be minimal, based on a Ron Paul/Founding Father model...

The idea is totally different from communism. It's just a sane, simple town.

AlaskanFranke,
Imagine if Austin, Texas paid off all their mortgages, then installed Atmospheric Water Generators, Solar/Wind energy, and could grow all their own food, then voted in Ron Paul as town governor.

That's pretty much most of what I'm saying. Never ever mentioned a class structure and I said many times in the piece government control is minimal.

Even though a lot of these comments are projecting stuff I haven't said, they are still very useful cos they show me what I need to explain better.

And to the dude in Montana,
Yeah... it sounds like you have a good set up there. What you are doing with your neighbours is just simple common sense sharing. Its a shame in a way that I have to make a documentary to remind people of this, but that's life.

Once people have abundant basics the rest kind of takes care of itself.

Get rid of debt and you are 50 per cent on the way to being free.
Get water, food, energy yourself and you are 70-80 percent there.

[edit on 110f20095pmFri, 09 Oct 2009 16:48:42 -050042 by HiAliens]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Good Donnie,
I like a lot of the debates you start.

It's basically just a bunch of self-sufficient houses built on their own land. That alone is revolutionary....

Government would be minimal, based on a Ron Paul/Founding Father model...

The idea is totally different from communism. It's just a sane, simple town.

AlaskanFranke,
Imagine if Austin Texas paid off all their mortgages, then installed Atmospheric Water Generators, Solar/Wind energy, and could grow all their own food, then voted in Ron Paul as town governor.

That's pretty much most of what I'm saying. Never ever mentioned a class structure and I said many times in the piece government control is minimal.

Even though a lot of these comments are projecting stuff I haven't said, they are still very useful as they show me what I need to explain better.

And to the dude in Montana,
Yeah... it sounds like you have a good set up there. What you are doing with your neighbours is just simple common sense sharing. Its a shame in a way that I have to make a documentary to remind people of this but that's life. Once people have abundant basics the rest kind of takes care of itself.

Get rid of debt and you are 50 per cent on the way to being free.

I really think sustainable cities, growing their own food within the city limits, is the future. Good stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It is just like a little beehive, isn't it?

Everyone will have their assignments; everything will be communally "owned" and the orchestrators will sit back while while you wave the coolie fan for them a few hours a day in-between your farm schedule.

Everything will work with precision like clockwork. Just like a Beehive.

The new religion will be the old religion of tree worship and the Leafman and the new spiritism will be "eco-green religion." It's been done before. It fell apart, too.

I doubt there will be any leeway for independent thinking or independent farming. I imagine there will be very little privacy as well. Children, if there are any, will be hustled off to another part of the compound where they will probably all live together...like boarding school.

Ever wonder why we have so many Illuminati symbols with Beehives?
The fluer de leis symbol represents the bees.

Everyone in their beehive, working toward a common goal and the queen and her court will get the best of the best. The elite will have their chosen servants.

Individuality and independence will be no more.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

It is just like a little beehive, isn't it?

Everyone will have their assignments; everything will be communally "owned" and the orchestrators will sit back while while you wave the coolie fan for them a few hours a day in-between your farm schedule.

Everything will work with precision like clockwork. Just like a Beehive.

The new religion will be the old religion of tree worship and the Leafman and the new spiritism will be "eco-green religion." It's been done before. It fell apart, too.

I doubt there will be any leeway for independent thinking or independent farming. I imagine there will be very little privacy as well. Children, if there are any, will be hustled off to another part of the compound where they will probably all live together...like boarding school.

Ever wonder why we have so many Illuminati symbols with Beehives?
The fluer de leis symbol represents the bees.

Everyone in their beehive, working toward a common goal and the queen and her court will get the best of the best. The elite will have their chosen servants.

Individuality and independence will be no more.

Lol we're not talking about communism.

Would you prefer your ugly late 20th century suburban sprawls?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Would you prefer your ugly late 20th century suburban sprawls?

I suppose you will have to obliterate them first and get rid of all those people who won't go along with the new paradise plan.

How will you all rid yourselves of our blight and presence?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

How will you all rid yourselves of our blight and presence?

We will simply switch off your Nanochip, friend. That is, if the vaccines and nukes don’t get you first. It’s really not as bad as all that, Friend Alethea, let us clear up a few misconceptions about the coming reign of Lucifer our city.

Once you exit the FEMA cattle trucks and your manacles are removed, you will find us respectful and reasonable, very reasonable indeed. This is an example timetable that a drone worker guest in our hive-mind complex city might expect.

This is for your own good.

6:00am- Awakening Bells, Morning Health Vaccine, Ritual of the Sun and Moon.
6:23am: Daily Soy Rations issued.
7:00am- Workers enter Hydroponic Polytunnels.
Midday- Fluoride Shots
1pm – Nibiru Worship, Stew and Potato Cakes,
5pm- Soy weighing, most unproductive 2% workers incinerated.
6pm- Buffet

Perhaps this video will clear things up.

[edit on 110f20096amSat, 10 Oct 2009 03:03:47 -050047 by HiAliens]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
God you really know how to create good threads.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
First. It is a pleasure to see another of your threads aimed at solutions rather than keeping going on about how bad things are. I see you have taken into account feedback from the previous threads.

Below are some points I would like you to look into.
===============
What are other sources of stress and unhappiness in any town or city?

- tax on property
- tax on land ownership
- council tax
- tax on movement - currently road tax

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Good points FIFIGI,

Yeah, people are far too biased towards whining instead of looking for solutions.

It's tedious as hell.

I actually think a bit of tax is not so much of a problem, it's just when it gets out of control, that's when it starts crippling people. I think 5-10 per cent is a good level.

I can't do it all myself so if you have any ideas for enlightened taxing I'm all ears.

I think one solution is to do things as locally aspossible.i.e.each district pays directly for their services. Much more transparent accountancy is important too.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
reply to post by FIFIGI

I actually think a bit of tax is not so much of a problem, it's just when it gets out of control, that's when it starts crippling people. I think 5-10 per cent is a good level.

Tax on trade is OK, but not on property. I mean in our case. If I am happy to build my own house, grow my own food, walk and cycle around and produce all the energy I need - I can assure you - I will not work again in my life. If I will not work, how am I gonna pay tax on property? To pay that tax I'll need to work. That is forced work or slavery.

If I choose to work, then tax can be deduced from my earnings... may be. Not sure about that. Preferably only trade is taxable.

I can't do it all myself so if you have any ideas for enlightened taxing I'm all ears.

I have few ideas and I can help by other means as well.

To avoid social degradation in your proposal the key element, I suggest to you, is introducing a new tradition - to learn continuously. Where he/she learns or pays attention to things throughout the life.

This kind of tradition is something radically new. Because normally TRADITION tends to become a repetition of known and NOT new. Learning continuously means accepting new all the time. Very much like you do.

You grow - it is obvious. It is your tradition to learn. How to teach everyone to learn?

By the way. If you need any help with 3D visualisations, let me know - I can allocate some time for you (free of charge of course)

I think one solution is to do things as locally as possible.i.e.each district pays directly for their services. Much more transparent accountancy is important too.

It is called decentralisation
This is how it used to be many thousand years ago
Then came the powers from Middle East, Rome, Greece and now Royal families and conquered the free lands of the Earth and forced everyone to pay tax, if they don't want to be killed or raped or imprisoned

I just wanted to add. The problem, as you can see by know is not technological. It has never been. It is a social problem - there are people who try to compensate their incompleteness by accumulating stuff (money, resources...) and leaving a desert behind them.

We have to convince them, that everything is OK and we love them

[edit on 11-10-2009 by FIFIGI]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Awsome...

mmm... I'm sure I saw something that rang a bell in another post.

It was someting about 'A heartbroken father shows us how to protest' I think it was father of Lance Corporal Shaun Brierley, murdered for MONEY.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You have put in so much wonderful work and its marvelous. I completely support this, however, make sure this idea is to move people, because there is a possibility that low elevations won't work. We have a lot of work to do, and I hope people wake up. This needs to be released on multiple sites and news sites, to protect you.

And it needs to be put directly into the hands of those who dream of such things, those who are struggling throughout the world. They need to group up and move to safety and build. We need to opt out of what is, and ASAP. There isn't a lot of time with things going as they are, and its time to be truly free. Also, we need to research why they've spent so much building bases that can house up to 14% of the population of our planet, because its not just for show.

Its the poor, and the dreamers, who can get this going. With some speed. And they in turn can learn the power of positive thoughts, and send healing to mother earth and demand disclosure. And with their own free villages and cities, they can create education systems that will empower their children in eco sciences, and health care, real solutions, and education, and surpass this negative reality into the future.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I just thought of something. Number one, the goal should be to get this out to as many sources as possible to keep you safe from the nuki's PTB, but.....the way different organizations are run, such as world vision, this would also be a wonderful project, with team work and donations. Not just feeding one person, but tackling whole villages, blocks, neighborhoods, and cities. You would have to start your own organization and include many workers, including recruiting university students. Perhaps try to get money for some university/college work projects. This way no one can change it. You keep the control and it would be wonderful. To actually work at making various areas independent as well as find a way to get them educated and health care. These people would be politically active and start to shine their lights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join