It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
ATTENTION: All You Tube Viewers! Please send this video out to everyone you know. I want President Obama to hear about it and to view this film. There is no excuse for President Obama to not have ...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Pushing this type of nonsense will only have the opposite effect that you think it will have. It is not the President that will bother with this at this time. The climate has to be changed to a climate where the public is interested enough to compel capitalism to do what it does. And that can't happen until we rid ourselves of the ridiculous giggle factor.

Think, then act.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The more I see of Jose Escamilia and his work, the more I think that he is....without doubt...a nutjob.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Please watch this video for more of the story. I think this has some credit. And really, why would NASA want to bomb the moon? It just doesn't add up!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by WorldObserver]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
First of all, this thing is not a "bomb". It's just a big hunk of metal. I have heard it described as being the size of a school bus. Trust me, an object that size is going to be barely felt by the Moon.

The mass of the Moon is about 7 x 10^22 kg. I don't know what the mass of a school bus is. If we figure, say, 70 metric tons (a ridiculously high number, but it makes the math easier), then you have a ratio of 10^18. That's 1 followed by 18 zeros.

To put it into perspective, take a human whose mass is 100 kg. (big guy). If you impact that guy with something that is correspondingly small, you'll slam him with something weighing less than a picogram. That would be a millionth of a millionth of a gram. A gram is a very small mass that you can barely feel if you have it in your hand. Maybe a cockroach weighs a gram or two (depends on how healthy cockroaches are in your area, I guess). A grain of salt is about 300 micrograms, or 300 million times more massive than this hypothetical object hitting the man.

In other words, don't sweat it. We're not going to hurt the Moon. I should also point out that the Moon is constantly bombarded by meteorites, often much bigger than our intended object. That's where all the craters come from. If the Moon has survived what Nature has thrown at it, it will surely survive the puny little dust that we'll throw at it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My god, such ignorance already. This man brings a very valuable point to the table, there is other reasons for NASA bombing the moon, what are they? Don't just watch this video and ignore, see the truth in it and bring the questions to the table.

No more ignorance, please.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Don't think it's nonsense, the more that is out there the more people are aware the more it may get to some that will listen. Don't kill the messenger.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

in other words...... using a bow & arrow to kill..... instead of using a shotgun right?

the issue here is not about the technical misinterpretation of a 'bomb' instead of a 'kinetic impact'

as mentioned in the op......... violation of space law....... is of sheer concern here......

i dont suppose the damage.... 250 mts of lunar debris being blown off..... can be written off as 'peaceful'.....

in any case...... what is the big deal with this mission...... to find water...... as if that was not known..... or is it 'project right now'

and what is that going to be 1000 cbm of ice....... in a more updated form...... i.e. + details of exact locations.... after so many moon missions.......

and for what purpose...... resources for astronauts who will stay there for extended periods..... god knows when... or lunar habitation...

i suppose they also plan to install water purification systems.... just in case...... oh... i almost forgot the 'essential' fluoride fortification needs....

well...... they should first try & put man 'back' on the moon..... then start exploring all these 'exotic' projects......

anyways.... the experiments conducted via the clamentine mission....... had already confirmed the presence of water near the lunar surface..... so......

after which the lunar prospector was launched a few years later (i.e. a decade ago) to look for 'polar ice deposits'.... + more mapping..... at what price...... $62.8 million

and guess what....... during these troubled times..... how much do you think are the costs of the 'current' mission...... lcross @ $79m + lunar reconnaissance orbiter @ $504m

and what is the purpose of this 'lro'....... to map out the lunar surface in regards to targeted landing sites for future missions.......... are they counting the dust particles....

these details are the facts that have been released to the public sector by nasa........ i suppose thats about it..... very simple....... 'all details have been thrown into light'......

slow and easy....... just like the confirmation which surfaced in 2008 that small amounts of water had been found in moon samples brought back by the apollo-15 in 1971........

so many missions..... all mapping the lunar surface......... then how come they so forgot to mention anything about the lunar orbiters which date back to the sixties......

out of sheer co-incidence...... just very recently the 'restored images' of the lunar south pole were released...... from the lunar orbiter missions dating back to 1967.....

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
34/68. Agreement Governing the Activities of States on the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies

quoting article 7 # 1

"In exploring and using the moon, States Parties shall take measures to prevent the disruption of the existing balance of its environment, whether by introducing adverse changes in that environment, by its harmful contamination through the introduction of extra-environmental matter or otherwise. States Parties shall also take measures to avoid harmfully affecting the environment of the earth through the introduction of extraterrestrial matter or otherwise."

www.unoosa.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Maybe is to blow up those structures that supposedly are up there. Maybe it has something to do with that?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I hope they do something to make the Creator mad at them. They wont learn until another tragedy happens. The mammoth ship that "not even God" could sink sunk on its maiden voyage.

The tragedies of the Challenger and other missions trying to explain away the creationist theory is more proof of the foolhardy hearts of these men.

Lest we forget...apparently they already have!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic
I hope they do something to make the Creator mad at them. They wont learn until another tragedy happens. The mammoth ship that "not even God" could sink sunk on its maiden voyage.

Oh I think they already have, we live on a war mongering planet and have been abandoned by G-D, that freewill thing got out of control thousands of years ago, surprised we are still here.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why is NASA double dipping us? First they take our taxpayer's money then they want to charge us 880$ to view the Clementine image data?

Pardon my french but what the hell?

[edit on 6-10-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
as mentioned in the op... violation of space law... is of sheer concern here...

i dont suppose the damage.... 250 mts of lunar debris being blown off..... can be written off as 'peaceful'...

Instead of just parroting what you heard in the video without putting any real thought into it, perhaps you could tell us what part of the 1967 Outer Space Treaty this action violates.

Funny how the believers had absolutely no concern about India crashing a probe into the moon and are only outraged when NASA does it. And they had no problem when Japan did it. Or when China did it. This exposes the growing anti-science/anti-NASA trend among the believers.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the 1967 Outerspace Treaty, haven't read it, I would imagine with having done so yet that 99.9% has been broken.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
destroying alien structures and possibly vaporizing a couple surgeons along with it? should have done this years ago.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It is threads like this the clearly demonstrates the sheer amount of ignorance that plagues this subject. The paranoia and personal projection folks demonstrate concerning matters that even a cursory understanding of would prevent just astounds me at times.

A sad, sad reminder of why this subject is and always will be in the pitiful state it is in. And it will only get worse, because I swear ignorance is growing with every generation.............

We could go on here for pages explaining the hows and whys, ins and outs of the moon "bombing" and whatnot, but our common sense, reason and logic will be completely discarded by those that choose to believe the least probable conclusion first. When one can't exercise even basic reason, logic and common sense you end up with ridiculous statements like "were bombing alien moon bases, and your debunker explanation is no good, because you got it from the ptb who control everything" lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thank you IgnoreTheFacts, a little reseach goes a long way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join