It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent Disclosure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Many of you are assuming that the United States has been acting unilaterally in this undertaking.

If we were going to violate a treaty so blatantly, there is probably a good reason for it.

Look... I don't love government secrets. However, in this case, perhaps discretion in information benefits the majority of the public.

I mean, this mission was actually started a few months ago. This rocket is not racing up there... this is a well-calculated maneuver. Therefore, I feel that some deference should be given.

Does anyone here actually think that NO ONE in NASA voiced many of the same concerns we are voicing. There are no NASA scientists protesting this, so maybe those same fears that we are presenting are not so... dire?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Honestly if we struck someone's moon base and it provokes war with the mooninites, you'll have your disclosure. I don't think NASA would be careless enough to do anything that may be seen as hostile against any advanced life form on the moon that they are already aware of.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
The more I see of Jose Escamilia and his work, the more I think that he is....without doubt...a nutjob.

Why is he a nutjob? Who the HELL on earth feels they have the authority to bomb the moon? FFS someone explain this to me?!?!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The more I see of Jose Escamilia and his work, the more I think that he is....without doubt...a nutjob.

Agreed. I find nothing credible in his work.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...
MOFFETT FIELD, Calif. – NASA’s Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) mission will come to a dramatic conclusion at approximately 4:30 a.m. PDT (7:30 a.m. EDT) on Friday, Oct 9, 2009, with the impact of the LCROSS Centaur upper stage rocket and four minutes later, the impact of the LCROSS Shepherding Spacecraft into Cabeus crater near the moon’s south pole. To mark the event, NASA Ames Research Center is hosting ‘LCROSS Impact Night.’ News media are invited to cover the three-part event that is open to the public and free of charge

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Why is he a nutjob? Who the HELL on earth feels they have the authority to bomb the moon? FFS someone explain this to me?!?!

You may or may not realize that PEOPLE, ya know? Human beings? are being bombed every day back here on good old Earth, but that's just an aside. NO ONE is "bombing the moon" and anyone stating such a thing is nothing but silly. A piece of a spacecraft is being deorbited to scan the plume thrown up when it impacts. Big deal. I can get behind save the whales, I could even perhaps get behind save the trees, but "save the moon"? Jose Escamilia and....well... a large number of people in this thread need to get lives.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Zenagain]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is not a bomb, it's a scientific probe about 79 inches tall, see LCROSS quick facts.

We've been crashing probes and ships into the moon since 1960's. The only difference with this is that this crash will be controlled so they can monitor the ejection of dust and vapours that come out of the crater.

What we should be concerned about is the garbage that we keep leaving up there. It doesn't erode and will be there for millions of years, or until we colonize the moon one day have to clean the place the place up.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
To put it into perspective...

... let me drop a school bus on your house

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iago18

Does anyone here actually think that NO ONE in NASA voiced many of the same concerns we are voicing. There are no NASA scientists protesting this, so maybe those same fears that we are presenting are not so... dire?

These are the NASA Scientists that blew up the Comet Temple 1...

These are the NASA Scientist trying to figure out what happened when the lost a spacecraft behind the sun...

Sorry no help there

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

NO ONE is "bombing the moon" and anyone stating such a thing is nothing but silly.

Was Carl Sagan silly? He wanted to NUKE the Moon to look for organic matter in the debris cloud

utenti.lycos.it...

Are these people silly?

NASA's mission to bomb the Moon: Scientific American
www.scientificamerican.com...

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon - Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk...

NASA's LCROSS Mission - The Merits of NASA's Plan to Bomb the Moon ...
www.popularmechanics.com...

Seems everyone in the world is talking about this BOMBING MISSION so I guess everyone but you is silly

[edit on 7-10-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

NO ONE is "bombing the moon" and anyone stating such a thing is nothing but silly.

Was Carl Sagan silly? He wanted to NUKE the Moon to look for organic matter in the debris cloud

utenti.lycos.it...

Are these people silly?

NASA's mission to bomb the Moon: Scientific American
www.scientificamerican.com...

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon - Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk...

NASA's LCROSS Mission - The Merits of NASA's Plan to Bomb the Moon ...
www.popularmechanics.com...

Seems everyone in the world is talking about this BOMBING MISSION so I guess everyone but you is silly

[edit on 7-10-2009 by zorgon]

Why yes, yes he was! That refers to perhaps an "actual" bombing of the moon. This however, is not. You are not denying ignorance Sir, you are espousing it. Not surprising what ATS has become........

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Pardon if this has already been posted...

NASA moon bombing violates space law & may cause conflict with lunar ET/UFO civilizations
examiner.com

Commentary: The planned October 9, 2009 bombing of the moon by a NASA orbiter that will bomb the moon with a 2-ton kinetic weapon to create a 5 mile wide deep crater as an alleged water-seeking and lunar colonization experiment, is contrary to space law prohibiting environmental modification of celestial bodies. The NASA moon bombing, a component of the LCROSS mission, may also trigger conflict with known extraterrestrial civilizations on the moon as reported on the moon in witnessed statements by U.S. astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, and in witnessed statements to NSA (National Security Agency) photos and documents regarding an extraterrestrial base on the dark side of the moon.

If the true intent of the LCROSS mission moon bombing is a hostile act by NASA against known extraterrestrial civilizations and settlements on the moon, then NASA and by extension the U.S. government are guilty of aggressive war which is the most serious of war crimes under the U.N. Charter and the Geneva Conventions, to which the U.S. is subject. The U.N. Outer Space Treaty, which the U.S. has ratified, requires that “ The moon and other celestial bodies shall be used by all States Parties to the Treaty exclusively for peaceful purposes. The establishment of military bases, installations and fortifications, the testing of any type of weapons and the conduct of military manoeuvres on celestial bodies shall be forbidden.” 98 nations have ratified and 125 nations have signed the U.N. Outer Space Treaty.
More at Link...

[edit on 10/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I do think that the governaments need to come forward with all their knowledge about UFO's, and if it is the true scenario, they need to present what they have about alien life and their interaction with it.

There is no need in our days to keep secrecy of such a thing, and provably it would be a win-win situation for everyone if things were put on top of the table.

BUT topics about "Urgent Disclosure"; "DISCLOSURE NOW"; "DISCLOSURE IN MY GRANDMAS BIRTHDAY!" are hurting ufology, more than the media, more than the people who think we are crazy, more than anything in this world.

Why? The same way people get away from a religion that keeps saying "oh, our saviour is around the corner.........every time".

People keep pushing up for something to appear, and after a few days, nothing happens...even after some months and in some cases, years.

Everyone gets tired of that and start dropping the subject. Instead of having a bunch of people searching for the truth you'll end up with people that got tired of ufology because of the ridiculous attempts to find something, and tired from the people who take PROFFIT from others honest beliefs.

We don't need individual attempts to "know the truth"... We need that people come together and stand up for something. Trully stand up, not jokes like viral videos or Steven Greer.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The article you posted is ridiculous. It uses speculation to make it's case, saying if the mission is a hostile act against a hypothetical alien race on the moon that then it would be a violation of the Outer Space Treaty of 1967, along with repeating lies about Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong. Outside of speculation, there is no evidence whatsoever that this is NASA's intention.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i guess we can wait for the missile to drop see that nothing happens eg no moonites protesting etc then start a new thread about how the missile missed the supposed base and how things like that happen

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Thanks for posting the 1967 Outerspace Treaty, haven't read it, I would imagine with having done so yet that 99.9% has been broken.

Notice the bold. Enough said.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZenagainNot surprising what ATS has become........

And what would that be? Debunker Central?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

And what would that be? Debunker Central?

Yes, god forbid we be interested in the truth, whatever it may be, separating it from the lies and distortions. God forbid we do anything but worship at the altar of Lear.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Yes, god forbid we be interested in the truth,

If you are as you say 'interested in truth' show me your threads towards an effort to find that truth because all I have seen from you is debunking... and mostly without much thought

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If you are as you say 'interested in truth' show me your threads towards an effort to find that truth because all I have seen from you is debunking...

So what?

There is no quota one has to meet, a miminum or maximum of theories one has to agree to before they are allowed to participate.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join