It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When sceptics fight back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

When sceptics fight back

news.bbc.co.uk

Conspiracy theories are pervasive and popular.

A poll for the Scripps Howard media organisation in 2006 suggested 36% of Americans suspected government involvement or deliberate inaction in the 9/11 attacks, and belief in a Kennedy conspiracy ran at 40% in the same poll.

FIVE CONSPIRACY THEORIES
World Trade Center: Destroyed by controlled explosions or using thermate
Pentagon: Hit by missile rather than airliner
Princess Diana: Murdered rather than being killed by reckless driving on part of Henri Paul
Apollo 11: Moon landings never took place, were staged on earth
JFK: Lee Harvey
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I thought this would be of interest to ATS. Now I'm all for scepticism, as it is important to be at least open to different viewpoints.

Did anyone know of this TAM meeting? Anyone go to it? Are the skeptics finally rallying together to punch holes into the flimsy theories that have been created by "our close cousins pseudo science and medical quackery"?

Honestly, if someone in the world believes that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman that killed JFK via the single bullet theory, I respectfully disagree. I know a headshot when I see one.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/10/09 by MacDonagh]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Find me one skeptic in this world who denies there is mind control and i will laugh in there face.

Skeptics are just ignorant people beyond belief.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yes, a sceptical person, meaning a person who questions things before deciding to believe it be real or not is clearly ignorant.

If you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic.

What an absolutely ridiculous statement to make!

Do you honestly believe what you write?

"It's very well to have an open mind but not so open that your brain falls out."

I think this quote was made for people like you.

[edit on 6/10/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

While many people find them harmless fun, others believe there is a darker truth - that conspiracy theories are rewriting history, warping the present...

Sardonic, patronizing propaganda at its best.

Looks like too much truth has been slipping out.

...and altering the future...

You'd better believe it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

While many people find them harmless fun, others believe there is a darker truth - that conspiracy theories are rewriting history, warping the present...

Sardonic, patronizing propaganda at its best.

Looks like too much truth has been slipping out.

...and altering the future...

You'd better believe it.

I'll tell you what I think. Anyone I can connect the information to who already has a predisposition on the subject matter, rejects the information during the first few points I give them.

Those who take the first few points, and think nothing of it, and question, "what does it mean" further, starts the path of uncovering the real truth.

Sometimes I am very surprised at how much information is out there and linked to and from this website. Yet, we have many skeptics on ATS, and it seems as though, they stay skeptic on certain points of the information without ever trying to dig deeper into other information. Their minds are already made up, before even critically thinking.

If you don't have all the information, you can't make a good decision.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by sticky]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yep, cause conspiracy theory and the ones who investigate them are certainly crazy for believing in them.

The Business Plot. Nope, no conspiracy there.

Iran Contra. Nope no conspiracy there.

What, the CIA imports drugs?. Nope no conspiracy there.

What, that didn't really happen?. Nope, no conspiracy there.

Inslaw? No nothing untowards there.(read that thread. Seriously). What, This guy was arrested? Oh.

Huh, the Chinese may have access to US gov. and defence computers? Nope, nothing to see there.

A nuke may have gone missing? Who cares?

Yep, those crazy ole conspiracy theorists.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

JFK wanted to overthrow Cuba, once a vacation and gambling paradise. Cuba was and still is a Catholic country. No way would the “crackpot culture” allow one of their controlled countries to be taken over.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Um, this is were a skeptic steps in with logic sir. Just because you can prove conspiracies have happend and I agree that they have happend does not mean all CTs are correct.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Couldn't agree more and generally I am pretty sceptical of most claims. The way this article is written though paints the picture that no conspiracies happen. At all. We both know that just isn't true. There is a plethora of examples of them occurring that are historical fact not just conjecture by some "nutjob".

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

My misunderstanding. I apologise for stating the obvious then.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Skeptics are just ignorant people beyond belief.

ROFL

That's the most ironic post I think I have ever read at ATS!!!

IRM :shk:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

But it does show the two extremes of the divide huh? There are those that can and do believe EVERY single CT that comes their way *I call overly paranoid.*. Then there are those that find it impossible to believe a conspiracy has ever happend *I call overly trusting.*. And of course it's a spectrum no a duality, though good luck convincing the extremes that.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

new topics

top topics

join