It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FibroKat

YES, Fibro and your daughter.

That is so great.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hi Dude,

I know it's probably too cliche, but I'm gonna quote Dr. Phil here. (ouch! if you're gonna throw tomatoes take em' out of the can!)
It is accurate though. The Dr. Phil-ism is "do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?" Now I know he said this regarding marital conflict, but I'm going to put a new twist to it.
You see yourself as more intelligent than the majority of your peer group. This may, or may not be true. Either way it's pointless. My I.Q. as of 4 years ago was 153. I'm sure it has dropped due to the way the test is weighted by age, but needless to say a piece of paper thinks I'm smart. WOW!! well, that piece of paper doesn't know about all the dumb things I've done. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is the ability to apply knowledge in such a manner as to derive the desired outcome. The very best wisdom desires good outcomes for other people, and not just self. My very best friend in the whole world is a redneck dolt. Really, this guy just fell off the turnip truck, but he's closer than a brother to me. I don't know his I.Q. because because he spelled his name wrong on the test, and it got lost. However, he is extremely emotionally intelligent. He is very happy, and even successful finacially because he plays to his strengths.
Now who is superior? Who is more intelligent? The man who lives a ruined, and sad life because he can't come to grips with a few constants that he will never change because he perceives them as incorrect. Or the man who sees things he can't correct, and simply accepts it and chooses a task he can correct, and is open to the possibility that in the effort to correct something he finds that nothing at all was wrong with the situation, and the correction that occured was internal. Intelligence, and happiness have nothing to do with one another. I get bored very easily, and I am in fact ADD, and have dyslexia, yet I refused to see them as disabilities. I just learn differently. It isn't better, it isn't worse it's just different.
I can sit and talk string theory, or G theory with a physicist, but I'd rather talk about G-strings with my best friend
. Don't think someone has to be on your level intellectually to be your friend. If you really are empathetic you should make friends rather easily, especially with the opposite sex. However if you are having a bit of trouble in that area perhaps you should re-think your empathic modality. Maybe you assume to know what people are thinking/feeling, but are getting the wrong message? Try talking to them, it takes out the guess work. Most superiority complexes are actually cover stories for a severe inferiority complex. You seem articulate, and intelligent to me, but not very happy. I'd trade all my intelligence in a heart beat to be fat, dumb, and happy.
I had an ex-fiancee that described herself as very empathetic, and sensitive. Yet her treatment of other people was very coarse, and abrasive. Her reasoning for this was that no one was as sensitive to her needs as she was to theirs, and she always felt unappreciated. The hard truth is that she was just self centered, and didn't want to realise it, and deal with it. She was also extremely intelligent, but very miserable. Acceptance is the key, of others, and yourself. Let people be wrong, it's their right, and you might find out that perspective counts for a lot more than you think when you're young. Be patient with yourself, and others. Life is about choices, and even though it sounds cliche again, you do choose to be happy, or not. Some of the happiest people on earth were Auchwitz survivors, and they had more reason than anyone to be mad at the world. The older I get the more the old cliches prove true. I leave you with this. Sow a thought; reap an action, sow an action; reap a habit, sow a habit; reap a destiny.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't think that your disconnect is necessarily an age related phenomenon. Many of us feel the same way that you do.

I think that part of the problem is that we have moved too far away from nature. Our angst is always rooted in things of our (man's) creation.

I would recommend, as a form of "therapy". the simple act of planting things. Depending on your home circumstances, that could consist of an outdoor garden or even indoor potted vegetables.

First of all, you would benefit from the experience of nurturing as you care for your plants. You get the daily thrill of watching the wonder of growth. It's a miracle all of that can happen from a tiny seed. Then you have the benefit of consuming a healthy, organic product.
Harvest the seed. Compost the remains. Start again.

As you distance yourself from the artificiality that makes up the greater part of our daily existence, you'll become aware that you have always been in the midst of something far more fulfilling.

Witnessing the cycle of birth and rebirth through the growth of a plant gives hope. Get a little dirt on your hands and see if you don't start feeling better about yourself.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Yes, Dr Phil knows a lot of things. And, by they way, why do people scorn Dr Phil???

Go with this advice.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Your post seems very self absorbed, and I can't help buit wonder if you might be happier in your life if you find something to do that brings happiness to others.

Sometimes doing for others helps us step outside of ourselves. Many people are neglected and are living in a dismal world too. If you can brighten someone elses world, I think it would affect your outlook as well. Have you thought about doing any volunteer work with the homeless or the elderly?

You might find it a challenge to express peace or hope to others who are sad to the core; but in so doing, you may answer some of your own deep questions.

Not to dwell on the self absorbed statement, but this is some very good advice. Nobody can tell you what you are thinking, or what you should do with any certainty, but you are at a point where you want to figure things out and you are frustrated at the pace. If you look into helping others, you might find a spiritual void filled. Not to say you need to become a bible thumper, or run off and become a monk, just find something you are good at and enjoy, and see if you can share that with others. I used to work with the elderly. I worked in an old folks home part time, and would talk to these people who were very lonely. They had amazing stories to tell and just wanted someone to listen and talk to them. It was very hard to come in and see that one you became friends with had passed, but knowing that we had become friends seemed to help. Helping kids is hugely rewarding because you can see them soak in the attention like a sponge. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dudeitseddy

dudeitseddy,

Have you ever thought about volunteer work? If you were to help others that are worse off than yourself it will really change your outlook on life. Helping others takes our constant thoughts about ourselves away, and it will really make you feel so much better to know that you have brought even a little joy to someones life.

Edit: I see that someone else posted the same idea that I did. Try it, it WILL help!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by searching4thetruth]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I feel for you. I had many of the same issues growing up. I am also extremely empathic and even a little telepathic. Once I started feeling the emotional content of other peoples auras to a certain extent I knew I was much different than those around me.

Given your circumstances in which you live this may be your first time in an Earth life. First timers are usually given somewhat easy lives (materially) so they can put most of their energy toward adjusting to the new environment. This is also sometimes the case with very old souls. The world in which we live is VERY hectic and very hard for those who are empathic. Personally I can feel others around me and when they are not in tune with themselves, the environment, etc.. it can throw me off balance as well unless I actively block them.

I feel for you. I went to private Catholic school for 13 years. They had me on ridalin because they said I had ADD. However, the truth is I have these abilities that they don't know about. They group all this into something they can prescribe medication for called ADD. Its a shame.

Lately I have just tried to do Astral Projection to see if I could meet my "spirit guide" to see if I could get some insight... Hasn't worked. I try meditation. And sometimes I feel things. But I still haven't reached some form of realization. What should I do? Please no rude comments

Let me tell you, I sincerely believe you will find your answers here in what you are attempting to do. First, meditation has helped me more than anything. Meditation is like a key. It will open many doors for you, including the doorway inside yourself. Astral projection is a great thing. I think I am not alone when I say it is somewhat difficult. Some people can do it easy, but for me it always requires much work and concentrated effort. I found the easiest way to contact guides is in meditation. This almost always works for me. I meditate in the hours of stillness before the sun rises. During this time there is little energetic fluctuations and the conscious mental/emotional chatter/static caused by others is nearly eliminated. During the waking hours there is a lot of static in the ether caused by other people.

I would recommend you do a lot of reading. Since many people are not into these ideas the easiest way is to read instead of explaining yourself to others over and over. You should have a feeling about a certain book when you see it. Your interest will 'ping' you. Your guides help with this if you ask. Amazon is a good way to find books because many are listed. You can read a description and also what people who have read the book think about it.

So I recommend reading, meditation, and continue with your astral travel journey. I think you are on the right path there. There are always those that will offer help if you ask. Guides and otherwise. We are here as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
No one will like me for this reply, but it is true. Meditation will treat you symptom but not the cause of it.

Being a 15 year old guy myself, I used go through a less exaggerated version of what you go through every day of my life. I can give you two suggestions and I PROMISE you either of the two will do wonders for your life now and forever.

Here goes, first of all there is this book called "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" by Dale Carnegie. It is simply amazing. This book will turn your life around and make you the happiest and most chilled guy in the world. This book helped me through my trauma after i experienced the tsunami in Thailand in 2004.

Second thing you can try will definitely help in the short run and help a little in the long run. Find yourself a best friend. This friend can be a girl, a guy, it doesn't really matter actually. Someone you can talk to about anything and somewhat who will just go out and have fun with you!

Take any of my advice and trust me you will not need to look for a conspiracy to explain what you are going through.

Enjoy life man! We only get one. (No offense but I don't believe in reincarnation, it makes this life seem so much less important.)

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I felt exactly like you did when I was 16. It is normal -- even if you feel you're going insane.

The problem with being young is you don't have the perspective yet to realize things will get better. This too shall pass. Everything does.

What I wished I had known then? Stay away from drugs and alcohol. Get LOTS of sleep. This is very important. Eat properly. Get outside and walk. Stop analyzing everything. You won't find the answers. Just live in the moment and go with the flow.

Peace and Love to you.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hey. I think there are a lot of people here that feel the same way you do, probably why we are all on ATS, for we all see the mainstream view of the world a little skewed, for our own reasons.

Often I still feel like you do sometimes, and its funny when I realized I was a lot happier when I stopped TRYING to relate to peers around me. Once I could just accept myself for who I am, and be grateful that I am different in my own way, it saved me from having a lot of negative feelings toward myself. It is a bit of a personal challenge to not look down on people, but remember we are here to learn something from everyone.

Also, what fun would the world be if we couldn't truly have a good debate with one another?(another reason I believe we are here lol)

I guess you could say it seems to others as if I'm a bit anti social sometimes, but its not even the case, I just wait and open myself up to people little by little, so that eventually they think I'm crazy anyways, but by the time that happens, they will love you no matter what you think and say, Lol. Learn to distinguish between acquaintances and confidantes.

Not that that is really great advice, you should always be yourself no matter what, I just find that some people need to be broken in before they can really have a full well rounded view on well rounded person. Too many people stick with first impressions.

Another thing that helped change my perspective on a lot of things was viewing the earth as one consciousness experiencing itself in various different ways. Whether it is true or not that we are indeed all One within this reality, if you start to view things that way, it will make a lot more sense for all the craziness. And a lot harder to have negative feelings toward anyone.

Last but not least, read. ALOT. And go outside!!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I didn't have the time to skim through the whole thread of replies, so sorry if this has already been said..

What you should do, is to try and silence your mind - not through forcing though. The silence of mind comes from understanding; observe yourself and your motivations, but do not try to change anything. Just observe without resistance. When ever you feel unrest within, ask yourself why I am feeling like this.

Any kind of religion - whether new or old - is merely escaping from reality; in the end, it will just make you more confused. The main thing is to get to know yourself, and therefore all adaptions of some preconstructed thoughtforms is merely replacing the illusions with another and will not lead to knowledge of oneself.

Just observe the world and yourself as they are - no excuses, no prejudices, categorizations nor beliefs. World is real, there are no secrets such as gods nor superior beings that exceed laws of nature. The only secret is oneself and getting to understand it is extremely important. Understand that you are a holistic one, a system where the input affects the outcome. Observe the outcome and do not try to choose between the inputs. This may reduce the amount of resistance in your mind. It is that resistance which causes the unrest - without the resistance, there cannot be such thing. Resistance always causes reactions, as well in physical world as in psychological reality.

I guess that your unrest derives from the fact that you have always been emphatic. Being emphatic means that you are sensitive to the exterior - meaning the world around you. You receive effects from exterior and try to adjust them to the interior (which is your mind). You take lot of influences and impressions that may or may not conflict with your innerself. If they conflict, it causes resistance. If they do not, it will furthermore extend "yourself" or your identity. But what we must see, is that identity causes more conflicts, because as you build it stronger, you build walls against the exterior and become seperated. We must understand that we cannot separate ourself from the others and the world. I guess that you should just let the impressions come and go, without attaching into them.

Well, already too long answer, but this can't be explained very easily. But it could've been put in a short, compressed form of: Know yourself. But knowing oneself is actually a complicated thing, meaning that you actually have to know the system how our brains function. You see, they tend to categorize things into good and bad, pleasant and unpleasant. They tend to attach themselfs in the past - or rather to the memories of past events. This can actually lead into a situation, where one is unable to perceive reality as it is because of all the prejudices and categorizations caused by past experiences. This doesn't mean that we have to forget what it was like to burn our hand in a hot pot, no. This only means that we have to "die" psychologically to our past memories because they are not the reality. Word isn't the thing it descibes, just like the memory is not now.

Well, good luck and hope you'll get better. Just remember that there are no quick remedies to the psychological problems. You just have to face the reality, which is you.

-v

PS. It reminded me about the importance of sleep as I was reading one reply few above this post. The sleep - it is said to be important, which is true. Especially it is important for the growing people, because funciton of sleep, or especially dreams, is to arrange the experiences of the day in order. Stable mind can only be if it is in order. But if you never allow the mind to arrange itself, you will be unstable.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

In my opinion you haven't found what you want to do with your life yet. But because you are actively searching right now, you are on the right track.

I would say that you are going to be just fine, and you are doing a good job trying to figure out the world, ATS is a good place to possibly find some answers, or maybe just more questions, lol.

In my opinion it is good that you figured out that religion is not for you early in life. It can be a real hinderance for people that have it drilled into them, but never dig deep enough to find out that it is mostly BS.

I sort of screwed around in high school, and didn't get the best grades. But I still went to college and graduated with a bachelors in Geography. I think it is important to go to college. Getting a degree is helpful, but the most important thing is that, it is a time to get to know yourself, learn who you really are, and what you really want to do.

So my advice is to relax, take life one day at a time, be helpful and kind to others, and you will be rewarded with a full happy life.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You well informed, you do not just believe the ignorant non-sense they teach in school. Knowing what this world is really like (visiting this site) seeing the bad things about the world is a lot to take. No one understand and without someone to share your thoughts with, it can defiantly be over whelming.

You need a friend, not a group or even a few, Just one. One good solid friend who you can be completely yourself with. Try going on a man-date!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Being empathic is a very real thing. Its up to you to control your environment. I suspect there are many here who can relate but like me don't even get into discussions about it for a reason.

Don't let places like ATS become your life. You are old enough to understand what is going on here but that does not change the fact that negativity is bad for you.

Spend more time in positive pursuits and less time taking the weight of the world on your shoulders.

If you are feeling down avoid places like ATS. Do creative things that give you a sense of accomplishment. Seek out positive people and positive environments.

Setting goals is a good first step. Sit down and make two lists; long term and short term goals. Keep the short term list on you and take it out and read it daily. Every time you accomplish a goal celebrate it. Make sure your goals are realistic and attainable.

Allow yourself the luxury of enjoying life. Don't use things you can not control as a crutch or an excuse.

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and
the wisdom to know the difference."
-- Saint Francis of Assisi

Those are some of the wisest words spoken in the history of humanity.

[edit on 10/5/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I felt the same way in high school - I always got along ok with other kids my age, but I never understood them or their interests. And I'm sure I baffled them equally. I always had friends but was considered different - not like them - who mostly grew up together and knew each other all their lives. I didn't share their interests, but took that as just a sign of my strong independent mind. It was impossible for me to be influenced the way I saw others all joining in and being sheeple. It sure was frustrating at times. But a great sign. Instead of being inundated with the mindless dribble, you have a great time to develop your mind an spirit instead of stunting it as many others do. Your mind is always yours, and stays with you long after the money and material goods have vanished.

Good suggestion from the other posters to find older friends. I always did and I swear it kept me sane. As an intelligent young person it's important to have a friendly voice of reason... and that's really hard to come by when you're surrounded by other 16 yr olds. Just a word of advice though: as you progress, you'll continually have to find people of your intelligence/comprehension level to surround yourself with. For example, my best friend when I was 13-15 was 25-27, but after I was 17 I had genuine friends in their 30s. You just have to keep finding others on your wavelength. Some continue to progress, some get stuck in a rut.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by dudeitseddy

try having some fun you emo, maybe you need to change your friends or something, you sound bored, and material possesions don't mean much

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Click on the link in my signature, it may help you.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i live in miami aswell (im 13) and the majority of people now a days are just completely ignorant and uneducated.. lol i dont really think you would accept advice from a 13 year old xD but just try to stay above them, and be as confident as you can, try doing more meditation, and try to ignore every negative aspect..

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Oh, the wonders of adolescence. My advice? You'll grow out of it. I certainly did. I was a prat around the ages 14-16, semischizoid, wouldn't like to keep in contact, a loner, hated everone, angst, angst, angst. I felt disconnected. Then one day I decided to man up and act like a normal human being and tried other things. Focused a lot more in my hobbies.
Just don't use your past problems as an excuse to avoid social contact. Expand your horizons, maybe your answers aren't in the paranormal field. Get to know people, that'll cheer you up. Grow up. Give time to everything, be patient. Eventually you'll find a place.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have the perfect thing for you kiddo,

It's called Japanese Animation or Anime for short.

To you I recommend my favorite Anime EVER!!!

Enjoy.

Trigun !

TA!!

Izzy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join