It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gene Simmons Rocks on!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
www.theage.com.au...

"The radio station today fielded calls from Muslims upset at the comments, including Australian Muslim of the year Susan Carland, who said Australian Muslims rejected extremism and did not fit Simmons' stereotype."

Australian Muslim of the year???!!! WTF is that all about?
What's next? Canadian Buddhist of the Month?
How the hell do you become Australian Muslim of the Year?

To tell the truth - who would want to? I'd hate to be associated with Australia.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
An STD spreading drunken and drug adled makeup wearing self described man-whore calling an entire culture the dregs vs. Sting pushing for his political platforms and raising millions? Hmm? Which one is worth a shiite?

You know BT, in your own quaint (read vile, disgusting, lying, unsubstantiated) way, (didn't want you to miss the obvious sarcasm there since you miss so much truth!) you seem to know quite a bit about Gene Simmons. How about a link to some proof of your quaint (see above) accusations, eh? And please, not your normal rense.com or whatreallyhappened.com...I think we'd all like to see something that won't make our dinner show up on the keyboard. Although regardless, if it comes from you, that'll be hard to do....

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
Although regardless, if it comes from you, that'll be hard to do....

Good point indeed. Bout time someone said this. Oh snap, that was a good pun.

Coming back to the topic at hand, I think that Gene Simmons shouldnt have said what he did because I dont understand how it contributed to any real debate, although I agree it was well said and in a way truthful.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Coming back to the topic at hand, I think that Gene Simmons shouldnt have said what he did because I dont understand how it contributed to any real debate, although I agree it was well said and in a way truthful.

Actually, I think he should have said "radical Muslims", instead of lumping all Muslims into the group. Although, it does say in the Koran that if they can't convert us "infidels", they are to slay us, so as to make the whole world submit to Islam.

Just to let any radicals of ANY sort out there know, you'd be havin' to kill me, and you better come loaded for bear, because I am....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Of course, it came up short. You keep pimping that God,Guns & Glory false bravado & we'll need a mop for Agent since he's caught the vapors!

Cogent point agreeing with what I was saying from the start: qualify "Radical Muslims" & you or he can talk all the hate spew you want.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Of course, it came up short. You keep pimping that God,Guns & Glory false bravado & we'll need a mop for Agent since he's caught the vapors!

Cogent point agreeing with what I was saying from the start: qualify "Radical Muslims" & you or he can talk all the hate spew you want.

Excuse me, slander attempt? Smoking the good drugs again today, are you?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Jeezaas man, kiss are the worst band on the planet anyway without their singer spouting his ractist zenephobic mouth off. *booo hisss*

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Jeezaas man, kiss are the worst band on the planet anyway without their singer spouting his ractist zenephobic mouth off. *booo hisss*

Tell that to the "Kiss Army", their millions of fans all over the world....

But next time, tell it with better spelling and english....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
*I felt that my orignal sentiments towards Affirmative Reaction were best left unsaid*

[Edited on 5/19/2004 by earthtone]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why did you edit your post Earth add something else to it.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I know Gene is Jewish, but if I remember my "VH1's Behind the Music" correctly I fairly sure that he and his mother immigrated the US from Israel when he was a young boy. While I do not agree with his comments, I certainly understand that he has a different frame of reference than I do and I could certainly see my opinion being different were I in his 12 inch platforms. What goes around comes around though.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Didnt Sean Penn say he'd leave the USA if we went to war?
Hmm, mabey his Hollywood mansion was too comfortable to have to bother to stand up to his words.

I think he just meant he was going to take a long vacation.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

As does Gene Simmons. The only one who ever pulled off theater rock was David Bowie.
Since Simmons used "Muslims" and not "Terrorists" to denounce a vile culture, the quote does nothing but prove his drug induced ignorance!

well bout time .....i agree Bowie pulled off theatre rock but was not the only one.....Peter Gabriel when he was with Genesis was the penultimate in theatre rock .....and yes Gene Simmons is completely ignorant...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

You know BT, in your own quaint (read vile, disgusting, lying, unsubstantiated) way, (didn't want you to miss the obvious sarcasm there since you miss so much truth!) you seem to know quite a bit about Gene Simmons. How about a link to some proof of your quaint (see above) accusations, eh? And please, not your normal rense.com or whatreallyhappened.com...I think we'd all like to see something that won't make our dinner show up on the keyboard. Although regardless, if it comes from you, that'll be hard to do....

apparently you know very little about Gene Simmons....now that hes taken a stance of racism and ignorance that you agree with ....youll ask for proof of his behaviour.???

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
[now that hes taken a stance of racism and ignorance that you agree with ....youll ask for proof of his behaviour.???

Now that's a streach, and you obviously didn't read my posts. I said that he was mistaken, and should have said "radical muslims". Much different from agreeing with his stance, which I obviously do not. But you can read into that whatever you want, and you obviously already have.

What I was asking BT for was proof of his accusations about Gene Simmons OTHER than the comments made. Of course, I will get none, as BT is above having to show proof.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Agent since he's caught the vapors!

I dont buy into the patriotic line blindly, I'm simply here to try and curb some of the more radical propaganda you put out. Although that is not to say you are solely a propaganda machine as you are also a valuable member in other forums.

Im not trying to turn this into the pit, Im just saying that Gene Simmons might be giving a voice to an opinion repressed by the PC nation.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Although that is not to say you are solely a propaganda machine as you are also a valuable member in other forums.

Oh good old Bout Time... It's okay if you add "radical".

Boy, those libbys, libbys, libbys and their labels, labels, labels.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Ya don't gotta have that fancy store bought college knowledge to have an opinion on politics. Politicians in the USA are supposed to represent all the people. I guess everybody has a right to discuss their job performance. If you want some extreme celebrity politics to to TED NUGENT'S FORUM/WEBSITE.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I cant stand Gene Simmons whatever he says it just goes in 1 ear and out the other.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

As does Gene Simmons. The only one who ever pulled off theater rock was David Bowie.
Since Simmons used "Muslims" and not "Terrorists" to denounce a vile culture, the quote does nothing but prove his drug induced ignorance!

Are you saying that the muslim culture is not vile in any way? The way they treat women, gay people, animals, eachother. It all sounds pretty vile to me.

A difference has to be made between a culture, and a religion. If a religion does not tell you to throw gay people from flats, but your interpretation of this religion makes you think that this is what you have to do, then eventually entire cultures can become retarded and vile, even when the religion that the culture is based on was not that retarded and vile at all.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Jakko]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join