It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

african shaman levitating video HOAX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...#

im sorry if its posted before,i havent seen it,but this is well..interesting
i dont see if there are wires,but it would have helped if the camera men puted the camera up to see its just a sky and no wires

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Stillalive]

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
actualy the whole site is quite cool

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Criss angle and David blaine would be proud...

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That was a good video. I have heard plenty of levitation, just not sure that is was actually possible. You don't suppose that was Criss Angel in disguise do you?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
He can only do it at night!! Harness wires visible at 40 seconds. The most common fakery in the Third World used to fool tourists and documentary makers - and the gullible among the general public.

Lots of investigations of this stuff. In controlled settings these guys can never levitate a paperclip.

Loved the video line "As documented in the Bible"

M

[edit on 4-10-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Loved the video line "As documented in the Bible"

Yeah, I thought that was funny, too. As I sit here right now, I can't think of any place in the Bible where levitation is recorded. Of course, there are other miraculous signs though.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Anyone can levitate or fly till that perma terra gets in the way!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I thought it looked pretty legit.

I've always wondered if levitation is possible and I really wouldn't be that surprised if this was an actual video of human levitation.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
levitation among other powers is possible allright, it may be simple form of mutation in genes,or a controled one in some creepy government lab.
or maybe people can develop theyr brains to unlock "hidden powers"
there are a lot of people that can heal with theyr hands.
there was one russian girl with xray visions or something.
i for once can cure little backpains and light pains but pretty much only that.
so its only natural for more powerfull people to exist.
but well i guess this video seems like a hoax,i mean..at night..i didnt seen any wire..but i start to think it really is fake

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
you can see a reflection of something that might be supporting him behind his left shoulder at around 40 seconds. perhaps a cable connected to an apparatus. the east indian levitations are hoaxes. this is too. the german film crew in obviously in on the HOAX.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just one question: Why would the cameraman, after filming the man's feet, moved to the left, up, and then to the right to show the man's face, why didn't he just moved the camera up?

We never see the middle of the man's body, and when we see him from the front it looks like he is balancing around a fixed point in the near his waist.

So, in my opinion, he is not really levitating.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The ability to move 150 lbs of mass like this for an extended period would be a major scientific breakthrough and make this shaman the most valued person in the modern world. He could feed his entire country with royalty revenues alone.

So why didn't this commercial camera crew immediateley give up their jobs and somehow find a way to exploit his singular powers.

This kind of fakery has been going on since tourists in India were shown the swami disappearing up the rope trick - also done with wires.

People are as gullible today as they were hundreds of years ago.

M

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I would like an explanation why his clothing defied gravity by pulling in at his waist instead of hanging straight down as it should if he were really levitating. When he falls to the earth he appears to disconnect himself from something at his waist. My opinion is he is a charlatan.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

its just a trick indeed.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Pretty much looks like a wire/string light reflection exactly from 0:39 to 0:40...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You can see the wire very very easy around 40 seconds.

top topics

join