It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there so much Jew Hating on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Why is there so much antisemitism on this website? For a forum with a motto of Deny Ignorance, there are constant threads and posts where people take the most ignorant positions such as denying the holocaust or claiming that Jews are trying to run the world.

I really don't understand it, I go hit with a double warning for making slightly offensive remark about another poster's apparent infatuation with Obama, but people are allowed to deny the right of a people to exist, to deny the murder of millions of innocent people based on their cultural background, and blame a tiny minority for all the world's problems.

I really get tired of constantly trying to be a counter to all this ignorance. I came to this site to learn, and I have. I learned about swine flu before any of my friends, and I have learned a lot about the global financial meltdown, and other topics that are very interesting. However, I have also learned that there are still people in this world who hate Jews even though they probably never met a Jew in their lives.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

There are a lot of threads on this topic already and they have addressed this issue.

This should be closed imo.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

But it seems that there are constantly new members joining and propagating the same level of ignorance. Perhaps the discussion needs another go round.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

How's Sukkot going man..?

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Oh just for the sake of typing it again.

There is a lot of CRITICIZING of Israel in here. That is not the same thing as racism. Pointing out the facts is not racism. Declaring that you do not agree or like what Israel does is not racism. Wishing that all people had a free and peaceful life is not racism.

The label "Anti-Semetic" and racist gets thrown around WAAAAY too much.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangingWithMrCrowley

Gave you a star and flag. I am glad you brought this up as it has always bothered me when I have lurked on this site. The thing I see is that people can post totally ridiculous claims about Jews on this site based on almost nothing or the actions of one individual, and then try to claim all jews are for whatever odd behavior they list. Its ridiculous.

The mods never stop it, but then when you see people disagree with homosexuality or say something racist about African-Americans they start removing posts and giving warnings.

It is really the only unfair thing i have ever witnessed on this site, and I dont understand why it goes on, unless the owners share similar anti-semitic beliefs.

And with this post I leave this thread and re-affirm my belief this has been gone over a million times already and this thread should be closed.

Peace Out.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Jew hating?

Or

Israel critical?

There is a difference I believe. I'm not a Jew hater I have plenty of Jewish as well as Muslim and Christian friends. I'm not a fanboy of Israels actions.

I'll leave it at that.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HangingWithMrCrowley

Can you link to a thread? I'd be interested in reading it. I have read posts criticizing Israel (a nation), but none criticizing Jews (people). Realizing that those of the Jewish faith call themselves The People Israel, I still see a distinction. When I read people posting about "America" I do not necessarily believe they are criticizing me. When they talk about Christians (people) and they do this ten times more than any other group on here I do feel rankled, but I also realize that the people saying it are strangers and I don't really value their opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I am going to try one more time. You can believe me or you can continue to listen to those voices in your head. Whatever you choose, I will respect. I just ask that you think about what I am about to tell you. Here goes.

Antisemitism is spiritual in nature. If you could wipe out the Jews or Israel, you just proved God wrong. You see, Israel and the Jewish people have a lot to do with end time prophecies. If you could wipe them out than you have just proved God wrong. End of story. Stop listening to those voices in your head. It aint gonna happen.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by jackflap]

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

/facepalm

Finemann, from one Jew to another:

Antisemitism is a rare creature on ATS.

Very rarely... extremely rarely have I ever encountered a poster who I actually felt was 'jew-hating'. I think you need to personally redefine your definition of antisemitism, and what you consider to be hate speech.

Criticizing Israel for its aggressive foreign policy, oppression of the Palestinian peoples, and general disregard for international war is not 'Jew-Hating'.

Pointing out that Jews were not the only victims of the holocaust is not 'Jew-Hating'.

Examining the destructiveness of Zionism, and its similarities with other fanatically zealous religious movements, is not 'Jew-Hating'.

That does not mean there are no anti-semites on ATS, in fact there are most certainly people who harbor misguided grudges against the Jewish people. However, these people are few and far between, and their posts are usually dealt with by moderators rather effectively.

To assert otherwise only implies that you have a soft-spot for criticisms of your own people, regardless of your connection to those people or what they do. Just because we are Jewish does not mean we must support Israel. Just because we are Jewish does not mean we are exempt from scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Did someone say Jew Hating?! Let me at 'em!

Fear not Fellow Hebrews. I'll handle these goys.

*Activates Righteous Fury*

Edit: Darn. Upon further inspection, it has been determined that here is no antisemitism here.

Thanks for crying wolf - yet again....

I could have been out squashing REAL antisemitism, but here I find myself where there is none....

You have summoned me for nothing. Because of you, real anti-semitism is going unsquashed.

*Buy an Israel Bond as punishment.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Ok, I said I was done here but I have been lurking and I just had to add that the last two posts have been great, thank guys.

Thumbs up to the DR.

and rofl
to Exuberant

[edit on 4-10-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Habit.

Yep, habit.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Finemanm, I don't hate Jews, and I don't hate anyone. I love all People.

What You need to realize is that the Jewish People, and all People in Israel are the NWO/Illuminati sacrificial lamb. Go check out this site: threeworldwars.com...

I'll say it straight up. The People of Israel need to wake up, and realize that Netanyahu doesn't represent them, but is a part of a larger entity of the Illuminati.

They are using the Jews, and some point they will offer the Jewish People as a sacrificial lamb as oulined by Albert Pike over a 100 years ago.

WAKE UP.

S&F

[edit on 4-10-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
First of all, I have to agree that being critical of the State of Israel isn't the same as being anti-Semitic. Even though Israel is a Jewish state, it is not "Jews" in general. You've got more Jews in New York than in Israel, last I heard.

However, I have also seen some anti-Semitism on ATS (and by anti-Semitism, I specifically refer to anti-Jewish sentiment. I am fully aware that Arabs are also Semites). There are all kinds of posts about how the *Jews* are taking over various industries, the banks, movies, the media, the whole world, whatever. It's all "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" stuff, and it's all crap. However, people continually recycle this stuff and blame the Jews for everything from the death of Jesus on to hemorrhoids and ingrown toenails. And if it isn't the Jews, it's the Muslims being blamed.

My take on why the site owners don't come down on the anti-Semitic stuff is that maybe the owners are Jewish. If this is true - and I have no knowledge one way or the other - then I could see where the owners might not feel they are objective enough to be fair about discussions concerning Jews. Rather than risk introducing a pro-Jewish bias, they may err on the side of caution and allow comments about Jews that, if applied to other ethnic groups, would get someone banned. Just a thought.

I do NOT perceive that ATS in general is anti-Semitic. I do perceive that some anti-Semitic discussions are permitted that probably ought not be.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
First of all, I have to agree that being critical of the State of Israel isn't the same as being anti-Semitic. Even though Israel is a Jewish state, it is not "Jews" in general. You've got more Jews in New York than in Israel, last I heard.

However, I have also seen some anti-Semitism on ATS (and by anti-Semitism, I specifically refer to anti-Jewish sentiment. I am fully aware that Arabs are also Semites). There are all kinds of posts about how the *Jews* are taking over various industries, the banks, movies, the media, the whole world, whatever. It's all "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" stuff, and it's all crap. However, people continually recycle this stuff and blame the Jews for everything from the death of Jesus on to hemorrhoids and ingrown toenails. And if it isn't the Jews, it's the Muslims being blamed.

My take on why the site owners don't come down on the anti-Semitic stuff is that maybe the owners are Jewish. If this is true - and I have no knowledge one way or the other - then I could see where the owners might not feel they are objective enough to be fair about discussions concerning Jews. Rather than risk introducing a pro-Jewish bias, they may err on the side of caution and allow comments about Jews that, if applied to other ethnic groups, would get someone banned. Just a thought.

I do NOT perceive that ATS in general is anti-Semitic. I do perceive that some anti-Semitic discussions are permitted that probably ought not be.

Link some threads and lets debate 'em.

If this thread is going to remain open we might as well debate it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Criticising Israel is not being anti-Jew. Examining a past historical event that has had and continues to have impacts on the lives of others is not being anti-Jew. Wanting your own country to stop providing military aid to another because this is causing others to hate you is not anti-Jew.

Using any of the above and saying things like "Jew-controlled media" and "Jews control the Senate" is being anti-Jew. Saying things like Jews do not have a right to a homeland is anti-Jew. Saying Jews will lie, cheat, steal, frame their enemies when it comes down to their own agenda is anti-Jew.

There are many times when the anti-Semitic tag is used too freely and this needs to stop. Unfortunately, many people choose to lump Israel/Jews together when they are making their argument. (If you look carefully, it is actually the anti-Israel crowd doing this mostly, not the pro-Israel crowd).

A sad fact about life is that there will always be people who hate others purely because of their race, ethnicity or religious affiliations. Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists are all prone to irrational hate by others. More often than not, the hate is programmed into the subconscious without the haters even knowing it.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Antisemitism is spiritual in nature. If you could wipe out the Jews or Israel, you just proved God wrong. You see, Israel and the Jewish people have a lot to do with end time prophecies. If you could wipe them out than you have just proved God wrong. End of story. Stop listening to those voices in your head. It aint gonna happen.

Um... all that would do is prove that the Bible is wrong, not that God is wrong. If God doesn't agree with the Bible, then the Bible's wrong, not God. If the Bible doesn't come true, then the Bible is wrong.

You also need to keep in mind that while the Jewish *people* are needed to fulfill the end-times prophecies, so is the State of Israel as described in biblical prophecies. The current state doesn't fit the description. Ultimately the Temple will need to be restored, which can't happen until the Dome of the Rock is removed. If anyone touches the Dome of the Rock, you've got Armageddon, which, of course, is about what the Bible says.

But the Bible is just another book.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join